Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Hi Guys i choose to file WM Video because nothing[/size] really [/size]happened[/size] in it". Im working on my next album and im already excited to drop it and sleep in my LA house.  :hoe:[/size]  :smokes:[/size] [/size]

The realness :lmao:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

For me this era has been iconic, since it's the first era I joined. However the album itself doesn't live up to her previous work. I admire the songs on LFL but I barely listen to the album at all. The songs seem very watered down and they don't have that spark, but I do love TNC since that's the song I love the most. I think you need to be in a certain mood to listen to some of the songs on LFL whereas with UV and BTD there is a song for pretty much every mood.

Also the way Lana gave sneak peaks of her songs through Instagram wasn't really a good idea since you get used to the melody/tone of the song before it's released. It was exciting, don't get me wrong but maybe she should have tried a different approach.

this! giphy.gif

On Our Way is definitely a sad song, i think in the first two verses she means "On Our Way" in the sense that they're heading somewhere and things are good, but then the bridge and last chorus i think when she says it, it means they're heading their own seperate ways :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Nahh. Realistically, Shawn Mendes will come out before the video drops. Ldr6 is set for 2020

The guy won't come out, he'd lose his fanbase, tragic

I like the person Lana has become, like really. I didn't like what she used to represent during BTD and Ultraviolence eras - anti-feminism, capitalism, and beauty as the ultimate goal in life. Not that she wasn't a good person at the time, she has always been, but I find it so useless for her to play this exaggerated, and sometimes cringeworthy role when she can just be the way she is.

The music has always been great, and it still is, but she used to act in such a pretentious, sometimes vulgar ways in interviews and videos (mostly Tropico). I think she wasn't being genuine. Lizzy Grant is something else, sure, because she wasn't known at the time, but it's just something that is over.

That's why I love the fact that her persona is fading and I'm ready for more mature and political songs. Or just love songs, or whatever she wants, but I find it so great to follow the maturation of this fascinating and incredible human being that brings us all so much.

I'm pray for you @@Roctab

The political outtakes are the ones I stand for, IF these are actual political protest committed songs, carrying a strong and relevant message and not mixing political parts with love parts in their lyrics, unlike the 3 we have on the album :eek:

The problem with the political outtakes is that they must be Coachella 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 :horror:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

The guy won't come out, he'd lose his fanbase, tragic

I like the person Lana has become, like really. I didn't like what she used to represent during BTD and Ultraviolence eras - anti-feminism, capitalism, and beauty as the ultimate goal in life. Not that she wasn't a good person at the time, she has always been, but I find it so useless for her to play this exaggerated, and sometimes cringeworthy role when she can just be the way she is.

The music has always been great, and it still is, but she used to act in such a pretentious, sometimes vulgar ways in interviews and videos (mostly Tropico). I think she wasn't being genuine. Lizzy Grant is something else, sure, because she wasn't known at the time, but it's just something that is over.

That's why I love the fact that her persona is fading and I'm ready for more mature and political songs. Or just love songs, or whatever she wants, but I find it so great to follow the maturation of this fascinating and incredible human being that brings us all so much.

I totally see your point..I am not sure if she was pretentious tho..it was the persona but it was related with herself..and I think her controversial opinions were not that pretentious but it was they way she felt into the world she had made..pretentious is halsey lol hah..but I agree with your statement

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I totally see your point..I am not sure if she was pretentious tho..it was the persona but it was related with herself..and I think her controversial opinions were not that pretentious but it was they way she felt into the world she had made..pretentious is halsey lol hah..but I agree with your statement

Yeah I agree with this, but I just feel like she tried so hard to get famous, and she changed several times her looks, to become Lana Del Rey. This persona was cool, yeah, but it was an invention that wasn't the 'real' her and that couldn't last for long, because she's growing old. I feel like this persona was such a heavy thing to wear, that she just progressively got rid of it in the past years, because she became comfortable with her life, with fame and with who she really is.

The pretentious thing is about her saying that Tropico, and then Ultraviolence, are revolutionary masterpieces, and also all her old tweets, and even her old songs, that used to imply that she was better than men she was dating and better than her rivals in love. I'm not even sure she ever truly believed in her controversial opinions. I mean, in which world do you live to actually think that the equality between men and women has been reached? I love the fact that she's changed her mind on it, but I still don't like when she says generalities such as "you never know with women because they are so unpredictable" in interviews, because these are generalities, and they seem irrelevant to me. And all this Lana Del Rey persona carried so much stereotypes and annoying elements on it. Sorry if I'm going too far but this is just what I've been thinking about for the past years

That is also why I wanted Yosemite so much. It just seemed to resonate with my actual vision of life and of happiness

Yeah I agree with this, but I just feel like she tried so hard to get famous, and she changed several times her looks, to become Lana Del Rey. This persona was cool, yeah, but it was an invention that wasn't the 'real' her and that couldn't last for long, because she's growing old. I feel like this persona was such a heavy thing to wear, that she just progressively got rid of it in the past years, because she became comfortable with her life, with fame and with who she really is.

The pretentious thing is about her saying that Tropico, and then Ultraviolence, are revolutionary masterpieces, and also all her old tweets, and even her old songs, that used to imply that she was better than men she was dating and better than her rivals in love. I'm not even sure she ever truly believed in her controversial opinions. I mean, in which world do you live to actually think that the equality between men and women has been reached? I love the fact that she's changed her mind on it, but I still don't like when she says generalities such as "you never know with women because they are so unpredictable" in interviews, because these are generalities, and they seem irrelevant to me. And all this Lana Del Rey persona carried so much stereotypes and annoying elements on it. Sorry if I'm going too far but this is just what I've been thinking about for the past years

That is also why I wanted Yosemite so much. It just seemed to resonate with my actual vision of life and of happiness

So agree with that..I has some doubts tho about her real self and her persona..I wish sometime we get to know more about it..her lana persona is not a persona made to attract people and to get her to fame but it seems to me something more personal

If I may jump on this persona discussion too... :creep:

To me, Lana had really built up her own world and had been playing with that idea for years when she started to be serious about music. And it may have been a good idea because it made her stand out among other girls who wanted to make it too. Here's this girl who brings americana, glamour and the total opposite of glamour, heart broken songs that people can connect to - she wasn't afraid to play a role that might come off as vulgar (thinking about Boarding School among others... >___< ). She made up a character mixed up with her own experiences and old Hollywood films and 50's lifestyle (always pleasing the man and putting them first).

However, I don't think she can play that role forever. But I do think that she will keep the dangerous and depressing theme with her for a long time, and maybe go back once again to her past life. And, hopefully, create songs with a more cheerful message in the future, as we've seen in this album.

For me, Lana has always been a mood-setter with all the strings, guitars and drums and also a great storyteller. She takes you to her world, which is fantastic. A lot of songs today are simple love songs, but Lana makes you feel something, makes you feel what she feels. Although she probably adds some fantasy in it too.

So I'm not afraid if she decides to go political, happy or whatever she'll go in the future - she'll always be able to make me enter her world anyway. :)

Remember that most of her (released) songs are about her past and I don't know how much more she has to tell about that or if she wants to remember those things. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@Clampigirl I share your point of view! I absolutely love her Lizzy Grant and early Lana Del Rey work, and I sometimes feel a little nostalgic about all these feelings and vibes that she used to transmit in her old songs. I always felt closer to her more than I did with other artists, and her persona was relatable because it offered such a pleasant and glamorous vision of this vague melancholia and nostalgia that many people feel. Her voice and her writing talents being the blessings they are, she managed to create her own universe in which she could take her fans, make them feel less alone and bring beauty into their lives. I'm ready to follow her wherever she goes. It's all benefit for us to stan such a queen

@Clampigirl I share your point of view! I absolutely love her Lizzy Grant and early Lana Del Rey work, and I sometimes feel a little nostalgic about all these feelings and vibes that she used to transmit in her old songs. I always felt closer to her more than I did with other artists, and her persona was relatable because it offered such a pleasant and glamorous vision of this vague melancholia and nostalgia that many people feel. Her voice and her writing talents being the blessings they are, she managed to create her own universe in which she could take her fans, make them feel less alone and bring beauty into their lives. I'm ready to follow her wherever she goes. It's all benefit for us to stan such a queen

Yes yes yes