Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

It will come alive again if she follows through with this unreleased album. But we all know that won't happen so RIP lanaboards. See u next album cycle :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm so curious about the Honeymoon outtakes too, especially the ones she did with Mark Ronson. I don't think we'll ever get those ones though.

I also remembered something; hadn't Eclipse said, back in December/January, that he had listened to other songs than the ones he already had since the beginning of 2016 (Love demo, Architecture, Something Real) and he also said that the tracks he had listened to lacked of magic and he didn't like them much? Because if he actually did listen to a previous version of the record, he might have some songs that were scrapped, which means there's still hope for them to leak at some point :brows: Yosemite I see you

I only fucking need Love demo  :crossed:

Yosemite and SR can wait :hooker:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i just want the LFL era to be over in all honesty, i didnt get that magical feeling that i usually get when we get new music when we got this album...

i just want to move on to the next record

I'm relating a lot to you lately. Queen.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i just want the LFL era to be over in all honesty, i didnt get that magical feeling that i usually get when we get new music when we got this album...

I just want her to perform on TV again. 

But lets be honest that is never going to happen. Has she ever been asked in an interview why she doesn't go on TV etc?

qsVmBMd.png

For me this era has been iconic, since it's the first era I joined. However the album itself doesn't live up to her previous work. I admire the songs on LFL but I barely listen to the album at all. The songs seem very watered down and they don't have that spark, but I do love TNC since that's the song I love the most. I think you need to be in a certain mood to listen to some of the songs on LFL whereas with UV and BTD there is a song for pretty much every mood.

Also the way Lana gave sneak peaks of her songs through Instagram wasn't really a good idea since you get used to the melody/tone of the song before it's released. It was exciting, don't get me wrong but maybe she should have tried a different approach.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Some songs from LFL are wonderful but the visuals are bullshit. Honeymoon was slow at times but atleast it was tied up with a cohesive aesthetic & so was UV, BTD or Paradise.

Love music video was only bearable due to Rich's special effects & the fact that Lana looked cute. Apart from that there was no plot or anything just a bunch of kids goofing around like an Panasonic TV commercial... and don't even get me started on that Weeknd featuring music video!

This era has been such a mess. I don't reproach her for being lazy and not doing promotion, but the wait for new music was so painful. :krylie: I'm not into that Instagram snippets idea neither, it has kind of wasted my first listening of masterpieces like White Mustang or Change

I also thought that the unreleased album wasn't such a good idea. Indeed, if all the 25 songs are re-recorded, it's gonna take a lot of time. Since the songs she wants to use clearly aren't her best (Caught You Boy? goodbye), i would prefer her to use her time on a brand new record. And if these tracks aren't re-recorded, I don't see what's the point.

I just really need Yosemite in my life :toofunny:

I know she's getting older but that doesn't mean she has to act older. I love this motherly role she's taken on don't get me wrong, but i feel like this more mature attitude is affecting her music (which is still great, but not Lizzy Grant lolita, BTD daddy obsession great). I think the reason i love her Lizzy Grant days was because she acts like a little girl and i admire it so much, innocence conbined with drugs and daddies.

An AESTHETIC

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e