Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Well, at least I am happy that she seem to care about her surroundings. Of course she's worried. The US has its worst president ever (since he has no experience at all and do whatever he pleases) and a lot of places in the world are in chaos. She hasn't experienced this before (and obviously neither have I) and tries to remind young people that it doesn't have to get too bad.

Or something. I dunno what goes on in her mind. Not in mine either.

I should sleep.

Bye.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

gosh, cold war started in 1945

cute she's aware now but she's a bit late. Nothing new or earthbreaking is happening, North Korea has been using this strategy for yeeeeaaars. I swear the US is living a mass hysteria since you elected Trump

trump has decided to end DACA which lets thousands upon thousands of undocumented immigrants to be able to go to college and make a life for themselves. if thats not something "ground breaking" then idk what it. Thousands of kids who've grown up here and just want to go to college and have great lives were just told they won't be able to. Parents who escaped their dangerous countries to have their kids become doctors or lawyers were just told that they've been hiding in the shadows for nothing. thousands of people are mourning

if people are so anti illegal immigration, then make immigration easier

Trump has just shown that America isn't the freedom land where everyone is welcome to make a fresh start on life

how can we not be in mass hysteria?? we have a nazi running this country

I sympathize with Lana's anxiety about current happening considering we have an angry, mentally compromised cheetoh in the office and there isn't much we all can do about his awful decisions. I know deleting all her posts won't impeach him or anything but understand that she wants to emphasize a certain message and doesn't want other things to interfere with that, not personally how I'd handle the situation but hey.

The least we can do is show her we understand the message she's trying to convey

The thing is: Lana knows she has power. She has 10 million followers on instagram, she has #1 albums, etc.

Shes just doing what she thinks is right, which is speaking out. Thank God shes not staying silent like taylor swift or selena gonez on issues. Im grateful lana is humble and sees the importance in speaking out.

Gosh, it NEVER was. Thats what he was saying.

Anyways, lets not keep it offtopic.

America marketed itself to other countries that way hence "American Dream" or when when there would be billboards of the nuclear family above soup kitchens in the Depression. America wants other countries to believe its the best but trump keeps showing that thats not the case

trump has decided to end DACA which lets thousands upon thousands of undocumented immigrants to be able to go to college and make a life for themselves. if thats not something "ground breaking" then idk what it. Thousands of kids who've grown up here and just want to go to college and have great lives were just told they won't be able to. Parents who escaped their dangerous countries to have their kids become doctors or lawyers were just told that they've been hiding in the shadows for nothing. thousands of people are mourning

if people are so anti illegal immigration, then make immigration easier

Trump has just shown that America isn't the freedom land where everyone is welcome to make a fresh start on life

how can we not be in mass hysteria?? we have a nazi running this country

you just confirmed my point  :rip: DACA exists since 2012. I mean of course you guys can do demonstrations against it, you can and have to show you disagree with it... but seriously ?? this has nothing to do with a nuclear war.

In "these dark times" I think it should really be time you enjoy the quality of life you can have and chill, take distance from these events and drink some cool water. Maybe travel in other countries too to understand your endless whining has little to no actual point. May the assface in your white house at least teach you what people in other countries have to endure.

Omg everyone is so hurt over the fact that she deleted posts. I wish you guys cared about things that actually matter as much as you care about Instagram and Twitter posts.

Shes just doing what she thinks is right, which is speaking out. Thank God shes not staying silent like taylor swift or selena gonez on issues. Im grateful lana is humble and sees the importance in speaking out.

Exactly. 

Why is everyone acting like speaking out is Lana being "dramatic" or hysterical? If anything, it's you guys being dramatic. Yikes  :awk:

Yeah you're right, since there have been other terrible things, we can't be upset about this happening. Great logic. I'll use it for everything.

being upset =/= acting like the world is collapsing lmao but yea thanks 

being upset =/= acting like the world is collapsing lmao but yea thanks

this is going to ruin some kids future. Theyre gonna have to return to their dangerous country and not be able to reach their full potential. Just because you don't understand it or are affected by it doesn't disqualify the fact that thousands of people are in despair

i'm just gonna appreciate lana coming to terms with the current events, some people might not like her political wokeness esp since she seems to be late in her realisations (i mean believing in the american dream and saying feminism is irrelevant under obama ... sigh lana ily   :kiss:  but you really are so privileged lol) so i'll be enjoying how this goes and observing what it means in terms of her evolution :popcorn: and anyway like someone said her tweets (at least the iconic ones) can be even found on google image (or she'll reupload them? if it's possible?)    

this is going to ruin some kids future. Theyre gonna have to return to their dangerous country and not be able to reach their full potential. Just because you don't understand it or are affected by it doesn't disqualify the fact that thousands of people are in despair

Every country, America included, has phases of advances and regresses, and you sure have every right to fight against the regresses.

But can we not forget my first point was about what Lana posted on Twitter ? Like, thanks for making my say that I don't care about these students but Lana clearly mentionned the risk of a nuclear war and nothing else. Which Trump had absolutly no impact on.

Okay whatever

She can do what she wants to do. Be it activism or politics. It's good she found something productive to do in her spare time. But..

She better keep this political shit outta her music & art. I'm tired of reading about Donald Trump - & I'm not even from America!

That's all I'm saying.

Well, at least I am happy that she seem to care about her surroundings. Of course she's worried. The US has its worst president ever (since he has no experience at all and do whatever he pleases) and a lot of places in the world are in chaos. She hasn't experienced this before (and obviously neither have I) and tries to remind young people that it doesn't have to get too bad.

Or something. I dunno what goes on in her mind. Not in mine either.

I should sleep.

Bye.

I wouldn't say worst ever yet. There have been some fucking terrible people in power in our past (pretty consistent for every country, tho). He might turn out to be, though. Most inexperienced? Oh yea

Okay whatever

She can do what she wants to do. Be it activism or politics. It's good she found something productive to do in her spare time. But..

She better keep this political shit outta her music & art. I'm tired of reading about Donald Trump - & I'm not even from America!

That's all I'm saying.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Every country, America included, has phases of advances and regresses, and you sure have every right to fight against the regresses.

But can we not forget my first point was about what Lana posted on Twitter ? Like, thanks for making my say that I don't care about these students but Lana clearly mentioned the risk of a nuclear war and nothing else. Which Trump had absolutely no impact on.

Exactly. Lana NEVER directly supported immigrants or LGBT rights, suicide issues & body image issues. Not even in words. <== This actually WOULD have made a difference to people in real life

She's talking about Nuclear war & women marches because that is something that directly affects her safety but talking about it won't really make any difference in real life cuz Trump ain't following Lana on Twitter or insta.