Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

The videos this era have been really lackluster. :/ 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I loved the aesthetic so much, here's a vid from her insta before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCAyM1VqJv4

You said it perfectly, I could definitely see that

thanks, i haven't seen that video  :O but i'm glad to know lana can ride a horse (ok it's totally unsurprising, still pleases me  :hdu: ) i really would have loved to see her standing on a horse fierce as hell while there's chaos all around her

i really would have loved to see her standing on a horse fierce as hell while there's chaos all around her

Omg YES!!  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

And then she wakes up at the end of the song/video ("fuck!") and realizes that her life is chaotic instead - and then cliffhanger until the next music video!  :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

But what would 3 minutes of Lana posing with horses have to do with Cherry?

I was more enchanted with the way the light shone, and the cherry blossom trees dancing in the clip. And with the horses, wouldn't you want to have a stroll with someone side by side, or holding onto someone watching the scenery move all slow?

UV/Honeymoon

thanks, i haven't seen that video  :O but i'm glad to know lana can ride a horse (ok it's totally unsurprising, still pleases me  :hdu: ) i really would have loved to see her standing on a horse fierce as hell while there's chaos all around her

I was gonna say that she did stand on the horse, but I think she stood on a car for the shoot. and yeah! There're more videos on yt if you look up Lana Del Rey Steven Klein Vmag Cherry'"

I still think the clip was just beautiful, it sort of reminds me of the Shades Of Cool video actually the more that I think of it. 

Sounds like a perfume ad.

To each their own

UV/Honeymoon

Omg YES!!  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

And then she wakes up at the end of the song/video ("fuck!") and realizes that her life is chaotic instead - and then cliffhanger until the next music video!  :deadbanana:

holy shit, she looks over the mess in her dreams like her peaches are ruined and it continues on as you said 

and she breaks the forth wall when she curses in her dream or hallucination (that(s too much, in't it? it's too extra to look at the camera)

I was more enchanted with the way the light shone, and the cherry blossom trees dancing in the clip. And with the horses, wouldn't you want to have a stroll with someone side by side, or holding onto someone watching the scenery move all slow?

oh yes a petal storm while she rides or stands outside that would have been epic reminds me of the prada 10 women spring/summer 2013 advertising 

blue jeans looks like a perfume ad, i still love the video a lot tho  :crossed:

holy shit, she looks over the mess in her dreams like her peaches are ruined and it continues on as you said

and she breaks the forth wall when she curses in her dream or hallucination (that(s too much, in't it? it's too extra to look at the camera)

oh yes a petal storm while she rides or stands outside that would have been epic reminds me of the prada 10 women spring/summer 2013 advertising

blue jeans looks like a perfume ad, i still love the video a lot tho :crossed:

Yes but you cant have 50 perfume ad videos though.

And Blue Jeans is iconic too.

She could have at least got some new footage of her singing to WM though, she's so lazy it's actually annoying

this is what i don't understand about these videos. they did it for mtwbt and it turned out fine (i mean yeah the b&w was kinda a let down but the actual scenes were cute)

love is her just standing there as well it's not like she "really" engages with the acting "plot" of it so i'm sure they could have fixed this and freak if they wanted to.

i76mrxw.png 

The album is fantastic but i think we can all agree that this era has just been crawling with dissapointments

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well, seems like Cherry will have the same fate as OTTR and Art Deco. Potential and enough popularity among the fans to be a single but ignored by Lana.

Blue Jeans also looks like a perfume ad and that's what makes it iconic.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

The album is fantastic but i think we can all agree that this era has just been crawling with dissapointments

Yeah :agree:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Yes but you cant have 50 perfume ad videos though.

And Blue Jeans is iconic too.

humm for me it depends on the execution, everything is possible even for worse. it could have been done poorly or tastefully depending on the people working on it .. 

plus blue jeans was 5 years ago, and as i said before the camera shoots were really reminiscing of a perfume ad, everything was there 

this is what i don't understand about these videos. they did it for mtwbt and it turned out fine (i mean yeah the b&w was kinda a let down but the actual scenes were cute)

yeah i loved the MTWBT vid, the opening gives me chills when the neon sign lights up :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well at least it seems like the audience that just likes Lana in a casual level liked the video. It's very Lana so that's nice

We all know that Cherry's video should/has to look like a perfume ad to reach it's full potential lmao

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Well at least it seems like the audience that just likes Lana in a casual level liked the video. It's very Lana so that's nice

We all know that Cherry's video should/has to look like a perfume ad to reach it's full potential lmao

honestly i'm glad, i didn't like it as a music video but i wouldn't want lana to be flooded by negativity either - i really don't mind people being very receptive to the video in the comment section (i shouldn't, but i get very protective of her)  

Remember when she used to put out beautifully edited videos with a concept behind every footage and lots of hidden messages :toofunny:. West Coast, Ultraviolence, Shades, Tropico and Music To Watch Boys To are all masterpieces :wowcry: :agree:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun