Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Perhaps Lana is just low on creative juices? She has been famous for a bit now, so she can't always be the same as Lizzy Grant or Lana Del Ray (AKA), or channel those times in her life in the same way, if that makes sense. (Or maybe she can and just doesn't want to?) Maybe she needs to get out of her comfort zone again and experience life in a way that can make her songs and concepts more fresh. I'm not saying her concepts on LFL aren't good. I loved the album. Heroin and Get Free sounded new for Lana and also amazing in my opinion. But she really could use something that makes her sound more fresh like she did on Born to Die.

nn i wouldn't judge from rehashed messes like this though. she clearly had concepts in mind for love, high by the beach and lust for life, the latter even referring to the visuals seen in the video. it's just that the concept aren't as vibrant and exciting as they used to be (this is objective btw). lfl and love kinda have the same stiffness and lack of diversity burning desire has, which was basically made to compliment an ad campaign.

but again she has funds, interscope has funds, they can hire directors for her videos which they do idk to what extend she lets them "do their thing".

100% Agree! That video was pure ART. Perfect cinematography, perfect lighting, perfect locations, perfect everything. Idk what's happened to her visuals anymore, they seem so lazy and careless. She's either had a brain transplant since 2014 or she just needs better directors... way, waaay better directors.

lana del rey died and was replaced by a robot

i76mrxw.png 

The opening shot of WM:

"LANA SIT ON MY FACE!"

Screaming

Iconic

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It's real! I wish she included herself in it /:

Wow really? That's surprising considering Video Games was beautifully edited, OTTR looked like a mess

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wouldn't call the video a flop since most people seem to love it except for us here at LanaBoards. It isn't that bad in my opinion if you don't know about BAR.

I agree people are getting a bit too caught up in the whole BAR thing, all this "omg its so obviously for another video" bs is only a conversation because of that insta video.

I realized that our problem here is that we know too much. Most people have no clue about BAR, just like how most people didn't know about the scrapped UV music video. Add leakers to the mix and it's a whole mess. So much potential I wanna pull my hair out. That being said, Lana is doing great compared to other artists. I care more about the art and storytelling though.

p.s. Thank god for Lanaboards so that I can express how I feel when no one else gave a damn :hooker:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

lol Swedish Universal Music completely ignores Lana's new music video.

Edit: their twitter account I mean.

Edit no.2: Lmao Universal Music Croatia tweeted about it but still nothing from Sweden.

I'm disappointed since LFL got the number one spot here and newspapers praised it. :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i really really love how deliciously mature she looks in this video, already in Love she looked so voluptuous and wise in an unearthly way but the BAR WM mv has her looking like a godess  :hdu:  :flutter:

you go Lana, i really think that the grounds in which she stands rn allow her to pen more mature and heavy lyrics so, if Heroin, F, Love, Architecture, Yosemite and RBFY are the direction she's going for i'm all for it. Themes of how things are and how things should be. I hope she makes an EP to close her journey of LfL or makes a more ambitious personal project for LDR6. As far as the video goes, I'll wait if she announces another one or she works her way though a new thing. I see her as having a very independent artistical mind so, jumping through conclusions, she probably didn't like how her label interfered with her UV mv and the whole debacle about the production with Dan Auerbach. I'm projecting but, I see why she would have a lull in terms of visual artistry. Also reading all these 2011/2014 think-piece writers wannabe and their botched up analysis and criticism of Lana's projects I'd be angry in a "you don't deserve me and my work" kind of way. I'd make iphone videos as a FU statement tbh ... And Lana has been releasing a lot: even artists who have their songs written and composed for them don't produce as much every single year. She's great in my books, now more than ever and even the classical artists of the past who stood the test of time weren't on their A grade in all instances. Lana still stands out because people are still concerned about her past work, all her previous albums and even her leaked/unreleased work is relevant to this day and she's unique and cohesive enough to justify why a lot of new wave artists look up to her. 

I don't know why I wrote a whole brick to say that I love lana so much, anyway i'm sure the best is yet to come and she looks damn fine in the video.  :hooker:

I realized that our problem here is that we know too much. Most people have no clue about BAR, just like how most people didn't know about the scrapped UV music video. Add leakers to the mix and it's a whole mess. So much potential I wanna pull my hair out. That being said, Lana is doing great compared to other artists. I care more about the art and storytelling though.

p.s. Thank god for Lanaboards so that I can express how I feel when no one else gave a damn :hooker:

The only truth in this thread 

I wouldn't call the video a flop since most people seem to love it except for us here at LanaBoards. It isn't that bad in my opinion if you don't know about BAR.

nah when I first watched it I didn't make the link with BAR and was still massively underwhelmed and disappointed. But I do enjoy it much more with BAR playing over the top hahah (:

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Y'all have to play Love vid everyday, it better reach 100M Views soon

I'm talking totally serious gays, play the video everyday, better u do that

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: