Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

i still think she shouldn't have asked max martin for input regarding the lfl song if the original version was more touching and i would love to hear the more heavy version of 13 beaches with the horror themed strings. (and cherry too could have used more of that treatment, it has a fascinating creepy sound i would have liked to be exacerbated  :creep:​ ) 

we need a Get Free Video that's just FACTS

You all should be relieved she didn't do a video for Get Free or Cherry. Look what she & Rich Lee did with a 2:45 minute track like White Mustang. If she doesn't have a vision or an concept then she should not do a video just for the sake of it - because Get Free/Cherry/13 Beaches/Heroin deserve better.

Special effects & looking cute would not save a video with no rhyme & reason or thought-out concept. Instead it would just ruin the song for us.

As much as I want something rocky or folky for the next record, I'd also like something we can all dance to cVZ7hjM.gif

(but it's Lana so not likely, and yes, I'm aware that there are already a lot of artists we can dance to)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Shades Of Cool and West Coast remain her best videos. I was really excited for White Mustang and it actually is a pretty good video if it wasn't meant for another song. I don't like it just because it doesn't fit the song and it's meaning. Love and Lust For Life are her worst videos imo. I just can't see her hanging on the Hollywood sign or singing on the moon. I don't know if you know what I mean but it doesn't match her personality and her art if that makes sense. What I'm trying to say is that she has a very minimal style and I don't like those too made up videos with computer made scenarios

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Shades Of Cool and West Coast remain her best videos. I was really excited for White Mustang and it actually is a pretty good video if it wasn't meant for another song. I don't like it just because it doesn't fit the song and it's meaning. Love and Lust For Life are her worst videos imo. I just can't see her hanging on the Hollywood sign or singing on the moon. I don't know if you know what I mean but it doesn't match her personality and her art if that makes sense. What I'm trying to say is that she has a very minimal stile and I don't like those too made up videos with computer made scenarios

Love... Maybe it doesn't match with the personality that she's had these past 6 years but at least it suits the positivity of the message.

And for LFL I like the little dance at the beginning lmao

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Personally I liked the Love video because of it's positivity and I thought it somehow fit the tone of the song, but LFL was boring. The CGI scenes on the sign were cool but it would have been better if it were one of many scenes, not the only thing going on. Not really worth the time or money to create imo

so...like 3 far away scopes of a future city (which is just green screen and editing) and 5 seconds of a holograph screen and 6 seconds of a rocket is equal in cost to the various locations, flying cars and otherworldy cgi, taking place for 70% of the love video??? Sure, jan

if you find THAT boring, then hey..to each his own. But dont fool yourself by thinking that BAR didnt get cut. As for LFL, like i said it didnt get much cut, but it was still cheaper. One location. and only 4 actors (2 if you dont count the back up dancers). sure its full of cgi, but it's at least 30-50% easier to do than everything in the Love vid.

Just bc lfl has fewer locations doesn't mean that it was easier to make tho. My point was not to rank them in any order I just said that none of them were budget music videos.

And ofc is bar not complete, same goes for freak I never questioned it (and already posted about it a few days ago).

Do we even know the order in what the videos were shot tho? I know that we know about the love casting but that just one of them.

And i stand by my words that the concepts of lfl and love are better than their outcome.

i76mrxw.png 

don't come @me for not wanting lana to be happy but honestly the reason i'm not so fond of the lfl mv is because for two people as macabre, blasé about life but also as intense as Lana & The Weeknd are it was weird to see them so lovey-dovey, sittings cutely next to each other watching the city from above. not saying they should have founded a coven or something but i expected more action.

and the dancing at the beginning was so cute it is actually how always envisioned the Lolita mv to be: a simple choreo in 60s gogo outfits with backup dancers, shots of super 8 with some cinematic quality in between and them spelling the L O V E letters with their hands in an adorable way   :crai:

You all make it out to be as if he actually contributed to the song

He did clearly influence Lana's decision on which version to go with for the end result though.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

You all make it out to be as if he actually contributed to the song

He was consulted and the song is different as a result of seeing him. That's somewhat of a contribution

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

He did clearly influence Lana's decision on which version to go with for the end result though.

yeah apparently before minimum martin got his hands on it it was blade runner esque 

lana pls 

leak blade runner lust for life reminder

yeah apparently before minimum martin got his hands on it it was blade runner esque 

lana pls 

leak blade runner lust for life reminder

I'm dying to hear the blade runner version omg it sounds so interesting