Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Why exactly is this place kinda dead? Is it because everyone is back at school? (sloppy reason today since it's Saturday) Did the hype die when the Best American Record WM's video came out? Not only it's dead, but there's a lot of slander for Lust For Life here recently. Like instead of growing on some people it... shrank? I mean, people are starting to look more into the bad things than the good things in the album. Is this common in every era? Anyway, I'm glad that we all still agree that Heroin and Cherry are two of the best (or the best) and that Coachella is a mess lmao. But poor White Mustang, it doesn't deserve the recent hate that it's getting.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think this era as a whole has been really anti-climatic. Not to say that LFL is a terrible album, but it's not exactly what I was expecting. I do feel as if Lana could have done better. I think in a way maybe we're all comparing LFL too closely to her previous work, which tbh we shouldn't really do.

Maybe some of us are a little salty because Lana chose Roachella over Yosemite and it still stings...

Maybe there were one too many collabs...

Maybe the videos weren't as great as they could have been...

Many reasons lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I feel like every era get's judged like this though, many people have said this before but once LDR6 is released ya'll will be worshipping LFL and saying her new record sucks lmao

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think this era as a whole has been really anti-climatic. Not to say that LFL is a terrible album, but it's not exactly what I was expecting. I do feel as if Lana could have done better. I think in a way maybe we're all comparing LFL too closely to her previous work, which tbh we shouldn't really do.

Maybe some of us are a little salty because Lana chose Roachella over Yosemite and it still stings...

Many reasons lol

As someone else said (I don't know if it was in this thread), we know waaay too much to be happy about the decisions made. She also took too many directions, this is her "Happy"/hippie/witchy/sci-fi album with trappy/acoustic/sexy songs. But I actually like that about LFL, it has variety. This really is aimed at the fans, and the whole fanbase has different musical taste so it's like she included songs for everyone which is cool. Anyway, I'm not saying anything new lmao

I feel like every era get's judged like this though, many people have said this before but once LDR6 is released ya'll will be worshipping LFL and saying her new record sucks lmao

So this happened with Honeymoon? Like everyone was very happy at the beginning and after two months of the release everyone was like "omggg this is a snooze fest!1"? (seems realistic but I can't know since I wasn't even lurking here when HM came out)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I can't believe the instrumental aren't still leaked

I need Cherry, Get Free, Love, 13 Beaches, GBA so bad :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I can't believe the instrumental aren't still leaked

I need Cherry, Get Free, Love, 13 Beaches, GBA so bad :defeated:

Cherry instrumental must be such a bop by itself. What about TNC's instrumental? It must be relaxing af.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

maybe it's bc the site is buggy af and gringos started clases. (kinda lame bc we, strong Mexicans people, started class one month ago)

I, gringo from the state of Gringohio, started classes a month ago as well. Already had my first exam, even  :crossed:

Sometimes we stans can be worse than any haters lol

you're not lying....some are REALLY mean.............i just wonder....

I want Lana to go back to making her own videos, i want VG teas

i wonder why she doesn't, tbh? I thought she had fun doing it?

Many reasons lol

there's literally 5/16...not even half the album...that's not even that bad lol.

As someone else said (I don't know if it was in this thread), we know waaay too much to be happy about the decisions made. She also took too many directions, this is her "Happy"/hippie/witchy/sci-fi album with trappy/acoustic/sexy songs. But I actually like that about LFL, it has variety. This really is aimed at the fans, and the whole fanbase has different musical taste so it's like she included songs for everyone which is cool. Anyway, I'm not saying anything new lmao

So this happened with Honeymoon? Like everyone was very happy at the beginning and after two months of the release everyone was like "omggg this is a snooze fest!1"? (seems realistic but I can't know since I wasn't even lurking here when HM came out)

it's literally how it goes.

people still hate it thought for whatever reason

they have no taste

The proof is in the pudding. She's clearly about to take a little snooze sesh mid sign.

s-l300.jpg

LOL. i thought those were UK?

~INSTA1.gif

:agree: he's also the one who made gods and monsters with Lana which had amazing production, and cherry is basically gods and monsters pt 2 but with a different subject in the lyrics. I hope he's the main producer for ldr6

Omg I didn't know! That's why I was so drawn to Cherry!!!!!

Petition for Lana to have him as the main producer.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

lana is the laziest person I've ever seen. all she does is drink coffee and run on a treadmill in her million dollar house, the woman can't give a little extra energy so that her eras don't turn out like crap?

Very popular opinion but I fucking need Lana to do a whole song next era with Lizzy vocals ala Get Free backing vocals *Out of the Black, Into the Blue*

and speaking of Get Free, I don't know if anyone has really realized just how much the chorus of Get Free is a relic taken directly from the 1960s / 1970s. That could've been in a Beatles song completely intact and it would still fit them... That kind of chorus was something I knew deep in my heart that I wanted and needed from Lana and right when I first heard it, I was completely blown away. Making this one of my favorite Lana songs + Lizzy grant vocals? Heaven.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I dunno but I feel like this place has become much more negative since the WM video. I love Lana and don't think she deserves to constantly being called lazy. :(

But yeah, it feels wrong to sell signed CD's and vinyls before they even are signed. That's just so wrong by the merch management staff. I hope my (unsigned) vinyl will arrive within a reasonable time.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png