Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Just a reminder that Tim Larcombe is responsible for the explosive orgasm that is Cherry and he deserves a solid place for LDR6.

:agree: he's also the one who made gods and monsters with Lana which had amazing production, and cherry is basically gods and monsters pt 2 but with a different subject in the lyrics. I hope he's the main producer for ldr6

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

:agree: he's also the one who made gods and monsters with Lana which had amazing production, and cherry is basically gods and monsters pt 2 but with a different subject in the lyrics. I hope he's the main producer for ldr6

:agree: also lets not forget Go Go Dancer and OTTR. That man deserves RESPECT.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Soo, about the signed lithos. They were supposed to ship around August 25th & it's almost been a month since then. How much longer until they start shipping do you guys think?

I'm still waiting for my signed CD that was supposed to come when the album was out too  :oprah3:

I'm still waiting for my signed CD that was supposed to come when the album was out too  :oprah3:

Soo, about the signed lithos. They were supposed to ship around August 25th & it's almost been a month since then. How much longer until they start shipping do you guys think?

They sent an email saying that there was an issue and it will be sent out in "several weeks" Lolz.

What do you mean, obviously it's all Rick's fault that Honeymoon is a snooze and Kieron is solely responsible for Lust For Life's cheap trap beats. Lana wasn't involved in any way.  :oopna:

Almost 3000 posts lol

Most basic opinion but: I hope that for the next album she calls someone like Dan again. Or maybe Dan, Tim Larcombe and Rick, idk, I just don't want those trashy beats anymore please (or maybe subtle beats like in Cherry)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

i know who max martin is and i know u were referring to the song. the instrumental is the best part of the song anyway (which doesn't seem to be a unpopular opinion on here, surprising considering the horrid taste of many lb users)

"all these songs sound the same" yeah that's what i think of the beatles' discography as well. 

also funny that u link a video that contains a part talking about non-complex repetitive lyrics lmao the irony.

6:45- 7:00 oh how he just destroyed half of lana's discography. i have to unstan now i guess.

edit: just continued watching the video and lmaoo he's talking about songwriters and singers not being the same person or whatever when acclaimed icons as barbra, judy garland and billie holiday and many more's discographies are just them covering the same songs over and over and over again. how pretentious. this fanbase is absolutely obsessed with coming of as edGY, unconventional and totally non-relatable to anyone else wow it's basically paradise for halsey.

PREACH

i agree with everything you said.

sorry for the small rant in my last post but i reeeally have trouble taking people serious when they talk about max martin when his involvement was discussed on here countless times already and blaming anything bad on other people in general. lana is capable of doing better but she obviously didn't want to make the song more interesting/sound difference since she's been working on it for some time and it's not one of the tracks she added last minute. 

we don't know what part of the chorus lana was talking about and or what happened after she reworked it to make it a somewhat duet with abel.

it's not that serious but considering someone will read this line and 100% believe it without ever questioning it it's pretty annoying.

i always thought it was "they say only the good die young..." because it's the only part that would make sense as a separate verse, but makes a good pre-chorus. *shrugs*

What do you mean, obviously it's all Rick's fault that Honeymoon is a snooze and Kieron is solely responsible for Lust For Life's cheap trap beats. Lana wasn't involved in any way.  :oopna:

that record was beautiful.

i don't know what half of ya'll are smoking. lolol

Wait I thought the change was "they say only the good died young" moved from the verse to the pre-chorus/chorus

same. it would only make sense.

SAME. sigh. dreams.

They sent an email saying that there was an issue and it will be sent out in "several weeks" Lolz.

lazy queen can't sign some fucking CDs is what it is.

~INSTA1.gif

Almost 3000 posts lol

Most basic opinion but: I hope that for the next album she calls someone like Dan again. Or maybe Dan, Tim Larcombe and Rick, idk, I just don't want those trashy beats anymore please (or maybe subtle beats like in Cherry)

the combination of drums and beats on cherry is everything

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Almost 3000 posts lol

Needs more Emile Haynie.

I was having a discussion about LFL with my boyfriend who is a musician and i mentioned that I disliked the trap/snare beats and thought they ruined some songs. He showed me how easy it is to make a beat like that on his music app and I was really surprised, it took him like 6 minutes to make a song that sounded just like Coachella. Aside from sounding ugly it just shows how easy it is to make songs based around those beats (aside from writing lyrics) and it was just kinda lame

I was having a discussion about LFL with my boyfriend who is a musician and i mentioned that I disliked the trap/snare beats and thought they ruined some songs. He showed me how easy it is to make a beat like that on his music app and I was really surprised, it took him like 6 minutes to make a song that sounded just like Coachella. Aside from sounding ugly it just shows how easy it is to make songs based around those beats (aside from writing lyrics) and it was just kinda lame

I tried to replicate the beats on my GarageBand and it sounded pretty damn similar. :toofunny:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why exactly is this place kinda dead? Is it because everyone is back at school? (sloppy reason today since it's Saturday) Did the hype die when the Best American Record WM's video came out? Not only it's dead, but there's a lot of slander for Lust For Life here recently. Like instead of growing on some people it... shrank? I mean, people are starting to look more into the bad things than the good things in the album. Is this common in every era? Anyway, I'm glad that we all still agree that Heroin and Cherry are two of the best (or the best) and that Coachella is a mess lmao. But poor White Mustang, it doesn't deserve the recent hate that it's getting.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Why exactly is this place kinda dead? Is it because everyone is back at school? (sloppy reason today since it's Saturday) Did the hype die when the Best American Record WM's video came out? Not only it's dead, but there's a lot of slander for Lust For Life here recently. Like instead of growing on some people it... shrank? I mean, people are starting to look more into the bad things than the good things in the album. Is this common in every era? Anyway, I'm glad that we all still agree that Heroin and Cherry are two of the best (or the best) and that Coachella is a mess lmao. But poor White Mustang, it doesn't deserve the recent hate that it's getting.

welcome to the Lana "fan" base lolol

~INSTA1.gif

maybe it's bc the site is buggy af and gringos started clases. (kinda lame bc we, strong Mexicans people, started class one month ago)

???, ?????????

Well i know why it's kind of dead for me and that's cus this website has completely fucked up and i can't access the home page and it's making me super bitter, can someone fix this mess :icant:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e