Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

13 Beaches is honestly the most overrated track nowadays. People complain about "take off all your clothes" being too on-the-nose, but "it hurts to love you, but I still love you" is cringey af. It's embarrassing to listen to

Oh, the rest of the LFL tracks were finally registered onto ASCAP! Wonder what took them so long 

Nothing interesting besides GBA being title "God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Wom"  :toofunny:

i love being a beautiful american wom 

I often see a lot of slander for Carmen and Freak which I will not condone.

Carmen is just... baddd. And Freak is okay but it's not got the best melody. Well it didn't grab my attention much when i listened to HM

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Carmen is just... baddd. And Freak is okay but it's not got the best melody. Well it didn't grab my attention much when i listened to HM

What is wrong with Carmen?  :biblio:  

The only things I don't like about Freak are the "blublublublublu" and "stranger than a stranger" parts. I love the chorus.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

oh hell no honey, im emo asf rn and my clear vinyl is suppose to be my saving grace from tying the noose. 

if you think you're funny, you're not

Me bopping to Coachella with all of LB trying to tell me it's bad

tenor.gif

same

Most overrated things in the Lana fandom: 

Ultraviolence (Album)

And those are fucking facts

WRONG.

13 Beaches is honestly the most overrated track nowadays. People complain about "take off all your clothes" being too on-the-nose, but "it hurts to love you, but I still love you" is cringey af. It's embarrassing to listen to

get your ears checked

ugh.. when are we getting the uk signed lithographs? or am I the only one waiting for them? lol

we're all waiting boo

Why y'all hate Carmen?

because she walks the streets so mean..

no because they need to get their ears checked.

~INSTA1.gif

I don't like freak too..Like teen girls and gays being related to "be a freak like me too" is just...meh

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

i love both carmen and freak ... the first is so sad and dark, it's both appropriate and shocking to sing like that about a young girl 

freak has a dope instrumental, and the message isn't that different from "come and take a walk on the wild side, let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain" which is yes - cliché, but it's still interesting. If I squint, all of HM could be about her relationship with music, with freak being about her being tempted to go to hollywood, california, let loose and embrace her art/music (it's reaching but my brain does little gymnastics like that  :defeated: ) 

If I squint, all of HM could be about her relationship with music, with freak being about her being tempted to go to hollywood, california, let loose and embrace her art/music (it's reaching but my brain does little gymnastics like that :defeated:

I agree. There are a lot of songs on Honeymoon where she seems to talk about her relationship with music-- Religion being the most obvious.

I agree. There are a lot of songs on Honeymoon where she seems to talk about her relationship with music-- Religion being the most obvious.

I don't know if it's obvious, but it's definitely how I see it when I listen to it, because I definitely understand having music override your life until there's no more true space left for yourself and then enjoy it until your ears bleed. I mean she could be singing about a man for all i know but it's easier for me to connect it to Music. 

I went to a vintage clothing store today with a friend and oh my god there was so much inspiration for the L4L era that I feel like Lana just ignored

I found this dress in the early 1970s section and I'd love to see Lana wear something like this in a Get Free music video, raising her arms slowly over her head as she walks into a sunset framed with a rainbow across the sea, with the sky melting from a murky dusk to an expanse of glistening stars
21819822_154255098492580_469615890262917
21689466_219591558574395_314981096341530
haha but instead u just get me wearing it

I went to a vintage clothing store today with a friend and oh my god there was so much inspiration for the L4L era that I feel like Lana just ignored

I found this dress in the early 1970s section and I'd love to see Lana wear something like this in a Get Free music video, raising her arms slowly over her head as she walks into a sunset framed with a rainbow across the sea, with the sky melting from a murky dusk to an expanse of glistening stars

21819822_154255098492580_46961589026291721689466_219591558574395_314981096341530

Stunning

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

you look amazing, and all these clothes are gorgeous even those in the back  :defeated: it slightly reminds me of valentino 2015 the planets/stars collection (which is why i think this era had potential for more, but it's personal)

I found this dress in the early 1970s section and I'd love to see Lana wear something like this in a Get Free music video, raising her arms slowly over her head as she walks into a sunset framed with a rainbow across the sea, with the sky melting from a murky dusk to an expanse of glistening stars21819822_154255098492580_46961589026291721689466_219591558574395_314981096341530haha but instead u just get me wearing it

Space Queen

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

there were no boys in Honeymoon

It was all about the fight between Elizabeth and Lana

every song in  Lust for Life references a past song

Coachella the #1 song of 2017 and Burnt Norton both are extremely important, and their meaning cannot be ignored

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp