Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I see the video being more about the Manson cult since the blood on the walls is a reference to what his followers did. I envision a video of Lana going back and forth from past and present throughout Topanga Canyon while living through scenes with the Manson cult. She probably wouldn't do that since that may be too controversial for her, but I think it would be a cool and dark idea like the song itself.

Agreed, which means Ultraviolence footage can be recycled again yay!!! ...

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I see the video being more about the Manson cult since the blood on the walls is a reference to what his followers did. I envision a video of Lana going back and forth from past and present throughout Topanga Canyon while living through scenes with the Manson cult. She probably wouldn't do that since that may be too controversial for her, but I think it would be a cool and dark idea like the song itself.

Great interpretation! I want you to write the script for the next Lana music video insead of those visionless imbeciles. Hell yeah, it would be controversial but it will be so iconic & fresh & Lana-esque (I think Rich Lee should stick to directing mainstream pop stuff & leave the art stuff for other directors)

a few weeks ago i had a dream about a heroine mv, it was lana going to the beach in the evening with the lights of a promenade in the background, she's alone on the beach though, then she went out swimming and as she dived underwater the ocean was space and she was flying around lmao. we also got some blue jeans throwback scenes; frontal shots of her singing, laying in the water but with the reflection of the night sky around her.

the end was her getting out of the water in a long wet white lace dress, it was night already and she went inside of a car parked on the beach since it wouldn't be a lana video without a car in it.

i76mrxw.png 

Y'all are so lucky seeing videos. I only see a lackluster tour, with the only non-BtD songs being Body Electric, Cruel World and Cherry. Maybe Ride, Change and Shades Of Cool if she's in a good mood that evening. And after that, we are dry until August 2019.

THI- beybawl.gif

For the next album, do you guys want Lana to tease snippets of the songs again? Personally, I hope not. I want everything to be a surprise and I don't want to make an assumption that would make me disappointed if I didn't like the album as I imagined it to be.

4BZPaCg.jpg

For the next album, do you guys want Lana to tease snippets of the songs again? Personally, I hope not. I want everything to be a surprise and I don't want to make an assumption that would make me disappointed if I didn't like the album as I imagined it to be.

I really don't. .I was thinking that today we had heard too much before LFL dropped

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Same. When she teased the songs, its easy to get used to the melody so when we listen to it in full, it's not as exciting.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Same. When she teased the songs, its easy to get used to the melody so when we listen to it in full, it's not as exciting.

Agree. Even tho LFL was just released 2 months ago it somehow feels like a year already. 

4BZPaCg.jpg

When I think about it, I feel like sometimes other fans just ruin things for the rest of us. I mean Lana hardly has anything to say unless she has something to release, but leaks sort of just ruin everything, kinda like how the era started, the snippets. 

This time around I'm hoping she just stays silent until she releases the next album, no rumours, no leaks. Can't wait for another May 26th if we truly don't expect it  :pft: 

UV/Honeymoon

I'll be honest, I hadn't pre ordered any vinyls for LFL, not even the UO single for Love and LFL the single. I was hoping to drop by the store later today to just get it in person, but they keep pushing the dates back, and it's kinda frustrating. I mean the album record will be there for sure, but I just wonder about the heart shaped one. 

Also, the link to the "visual album" is just a digital copy of it isn't it? I got a physical CD like months back, and the tech spec, the waiting just gives me anxiety wondering if she's got an opus for us waiting on the wings of the postman's truck.

UV/Honeymoon

No i think that's what ruined the first listening experience for me, especially for Cherry, White Mustang and Change. Teasing short snippets is a terrible idea because your basically hearing the full song without actually hearing the full song, because u get the melody stuck in your head. I think she should have just released more singles instead

I was just thinking, imagine if Lana decided to audition for X Factor when she was Lizzy. Do you think she'd get four yes' ? Or make it far?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

THI- beybawl.gif

I love your gifs so so much

Almost same as everyone above but I'd like her to tease a little bit of just *one* nice song like she did for Cherry. That snippet kept me really excited tbh

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I think there's nothing wrong with teaser videos, as long as it's not just LQ Instagram recordings (looking at you, Lust For Life). The ones she did for Paradise, Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon definitely got me hyped for the respective album. Same thing with the Cherry trailer, I was super excited to hear the full version and I already knew it would be one of the best, if not the best track of the album, and I was not disappointed. :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif