Hundred Dollar Bill

Unreleased songs you want Lana to rework/release

To be honest, with most of her songs, I would never want her to rework them (with the exception of the songs that we only have horrible recordings of.) I felt like Yayo was so perfect before and, in my opinion, the paradise edition ruined it. I feel like her songs like Pawn Shop Blues, Mermaid Motel, Trash Magic, ect. are so beautiful because of they way they were recorded and the emotional connections she had at the time. If she reworked some of her older songs, I feel like she would change them too much, and then the original feel would be lost.

A search on ASCAP's repertoire under Lizzy Grant reveals Mermaid Hotel and Mermaid Motel. If they were the same, only 1 would be registered and it would have the same work ID number. The exact same goes for Little Girls/Put Me In A Movie, Smarty/Smartie, and Gas Station/Queen of the Gas Station.

Different numbers means they were registered at different time, going off that...the AKA tracks all begin with a 4. All Born to Die tracks begin with an 8 including the reworked tracks off AKA. Therefore, I think that concludes they are not in fact the same.

Even the IPI numbers are different for the original companies they were published under.

These are assumptions you're making based off the evidence. You could be right, but I wouldn't state it as fact. There could be other explanations for multiple registrations.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I agree! Though we do have three versions, which is more than we could've even hoped for a year ago, all of them still feel very unfinished to my ears. It's a great song, and I think it has more potential than the vast majority of other leaks. :3

i have just 1 version and i don't find the others :( do you know where i can finally find them???

let the light in, it's a cruel world

Pawn Shop Blues, Hundred Dollar Bill, Serial Killer, Put The Radio On, Summer Of Sam, Fordham Road, My Best Days (although I quite like the way it is now) Live Or Die (It's my jam I couldn't leave it out) and Noir. Seriously Noir is fab but I need a studio recorded version. Tbh I'd probably take any song except Daddy Issues. That song annoys me so much, I can't listen to it

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

Guest Dot

AKA should be completely revamped to make it sound more recent!

Maha Maha, Catch and Release and Brite Lites should be combined into one song and called something with "Bollywood" in it.

NOIR has a lot of potential and so does You & Me. I can actually see For K, Part 2 sounding similar to You & Me if it was redone. Daddy Issues would be such a cool song if it had a better production. The same goes for Golden Grill. Get Drunk and Jimmy Gnecco are probably her best acoustic tracks and they need to see the light of day.

Noir, Serial Killer, Damn You, Daytona Meth, Maha Maha, Television Heaven etc. I think Scarface might have some potential. I'd love to see studio versions of Heart Shaped box, Hollywood, JFK, AFFA, Starry Eyed and Black Beauty too.

While You and Me is already the epitome of perfection, I honestly just want more versions. A stripped-down acoustic, an acapella track, a version with a bigger orchestra, a BTD-esque version where the trip-hop beats are more prominent, any number of ratchet dubstep remixes--A HQ LIVE VERSION, like Nirvana on MTV Unplugged way back. I just....need more. Why she left her most brilliant song in the dust is beyond me, but I guess that's just Lizzy and her team being ignorant.

there is a light & it never goes out

This differs from the other chatty thread, in that this should be a running thread with everyone's Top 3 choices of songs from the past

that were not released.

Time permitting, I could tally the votes later on

This is based on Lana saying she is thinking of releasing her favorite 25 unreleased songs.

(and note- Lana has said she does not own Life is beautiful so refrain from naming that one).

Please just list the names of the songs please.and keep the chitchat on the post you make listing the songs

AND NO LINKS TO THESE SONGS as these would all be unreleased songs, JUST NAMES PLEASE.

My 3 choices-

PAWN SHOP BLUES

QUEEN OF DISASTER

YAYO acoustic live solo w/ Lana on guitar  (if Yayo  shouldn't count because that should really be in a different box set of live rarities, then-

GRAMMA

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Graham/Rob/Rick/Lana/Lana's Gramma please let her see the list when the thread is full :hooker:

Afraid

Damn you

TV in black and white

(these 3 only because I miss her hopeless romantic phase)

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

1. Hollywood

By far my fav Lana song next to the Summertime Sadness radio mix. It's a massive shame it was never on Paradise. 

2. Hollywood's Dead

One of her most iconic unreleased songs, and a perfect outtake from BtD. Her songs with Braide are among her best.

3. TV in Black & White

To honour her first song with Rick Nowels! It's simply beautiful.

redline