20 members have voted

1. 1. Which record?

• Born To Die (2012)
    • Paradise (2012)
    • Ultraviolence (2014)
    • Honeymoon (2015)
    • Lust For Life (2017)

Title.

So after releasing LFL, Lana's got 5 major releases through her artistry. LFL's pretty current, more socially aware, and having a shift in overall tone to her past work. Lots of timeless tracks the list goes on. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4eqhWc7sI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR9flmjewlE
Or can't you help going back to Honeymoon? With it's cohesive soundscape, and its sentimentality? Admittedly, I think Honeymoon is the most true to self album for Lana, and it's just glamorous and so picturesque. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYceZpTWaE
Ultraviolence? With all its rage, and how iconic of most of its tracks? The West Coast surf sound, the lines of grunge, the addiction and the still reverberating sounds to so much of the record? The feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0

Is it Paradise? The desperation and magnetism of a life searching for the very concept of it? The hot tropical narratives to it? The anthems that somehow both enliven and refract feelings of faded glory? The films?

tumblr_mpznnw3B4w1rtpoqbo1_500.gif

How do you see Born to Die now, after the extension of Lana's catalogue? Is it a classic? Do you remember the first songs she made and put out first as Lana Del Rey to the public? 

Which album do you always find yourself just getting lost in, more so from the others? Which songs can't you forget?

UV/Honeymoon

no matter the mood im in i find myself still drawn to paradise, it's just so simple and clean. i know some people say it was rushed or hollow but i dont see it. Blue Velvet, Ride, Gods and Monsters, Body Electric, Burning Desire, Cola, Blue Velvet, American are all incredible. Yayo is a great song but it is a better overall fit with AKA- i wish she kept it a little messier and added back in the background vocals after the 'tunnel lined with yellow lights' bit. It's just an experience, it somehow encapsulates the golden hour of 5-6pm during late summer early fall in which for a few moments, the sky is pink and the sunlight is golden. 

i love it so much, honeymoon is a close second- borderline equal. 

no matter the mood im in i find myself still drawn to paradise, it's just so simple and clean. i know some people say it was rushed or hollow but i dont see it. Blue Velvet, Ride, Gods and Monsters, Body Electric, Burning Desire, Cola, Blue Velvet, American are all incredible. Yayo is a great song but it is a better overall fit with AKA- i wish she kept it a little messier and added back in the background vocals after the 'tunnel lined with yellow lights' bit. It's just an experience, it somehow encapsulates the golden hour of 5-6pm during late summer early fall in which for a few moments, the sky is pink and the sunlight is golden. 

i love it so much, honeymoon is a close second- borderline equal. 

This post. Perfect.  :oprah3:

UV/Honeymoon

I always return to Honeymoon because I always like listening to full albums. While Born to Die and Ultraviolence are great albums, I like the overall sound of Honeymoon than any other Lana Del Rey album. Born to Die has a nice aesthetic as well, but Ultraviolence sometimes sounds so all over the place with certain songs. Honeymoon is that album I always can listen when with Ultraviolence I need to be in a certain mood to listen to the album.

Let me be honest here... :hooker:

I feel like I "only" listen to Lana, her voice has been stuck in my head daily for years now. I always go back to all her albums. :toofunny:

Me2..I may listen to some other artists and different genres but Lana is my daily company

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I "come back" to Born To Die at least once a day, if I'm listening to music I will always play at least a few songs from that album. For me personally it's a classic, it's perfect, there isn't one thing I'd change about it. Something about the lyrics and instrumentation just really speaks to me in a way no other album ever has since. Every time the harp comes in in Video Games, it feels like the first time I ever heard it.

its always gonna be ultraviolence for me

i'm trying not to sound like lana saying dumb things like 'wrong, unlistenable' etc but it's so true. not even sure exactly what it is, the atmosphere, or the fact you can feel the emotion that went into the songs, but i'm just so drawn to it. you can just tell it came from such a real place in her life.

i listen to everything, almost all the time  :hooker:  i do listen to some artists in full and i visit 70s/80s/Best Ofs playlists but i'm mostly lana and currently trying to make custom album covers of my own playlists/unreleased 

paradise and honeymoon i listen to a lot, a bit more passively, because they are shorter and i never skip anything, the music is beautiful and very cinematic. sometimes the album starts over and i enjoyed it so much i notice until it's too late and then i keep listening a second time in full ...  

btd, uv, lfl demand a bit more of attention and sometimes i skip some tracks because i'm not in a certain mood at that moment

aka, no kung fu  and the unreleased are something in the middle 

i especially listen to the remixes/instrumentals/orchestral versions when i'm working on something or studying 

I "come back" to Born To Die at least once a day, if I'm listening to music I will always play at least a few songs from that album. For me personally it's a classic, it's perfect, there isn't one thing I'd change about it. Something about the lyrics and instrumentation just really speaks to me in a way no other album ever has since. 

same 

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

i admit that ultraviolence is my favorite album but i always see myself listening to honeymoon more than the other albuns, at least nowadays, since my last.fm shows that btd+p is more played than honeymoon

i love 'religion', 'salvatore', 'dlmbm', it's a true masterpiece

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u