1. 1. Which era is the best?

• Sirens
    • AKA
    • Born to Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

UV because.......................................................................................................................................................................................................taste.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm tied between UV and BTD.

BTD had a good run: many great photoshoots, fantastic videos from ones with a high budget to her home-made ones, many interviews (with an interesting presence) , and some of her most well known and iconic looks: big glamorous waves or beehive hair paired with a cat eye and red or nude lips also a lot of her outfits were super cute too. This also came with a beautiful album ranging from gloomy songs to ones that are a bit more up-beat but are some how able to create a story or a nostalgic feel .

This era basically revolutionized a huge part of tumblr lmao.

UV: This era was controversial as hell. There was a pretty big change in her look; dark hair styled straight or with more relaxed curls, smudged eyeliner, nude lips paired with t shirts, shorts or ripped jeans, leather jackets, and those cute plunging brightly colored short sleeve dresses she'd sport at some of her shows. The photoshoots during this era were also fantastic, Neil was definitely a great choice because he really brought out a lot visually. Unfortunately, we only got 3 videos this era, West Coast which is cute, UV which was scrapped to be made for a home-made video, and Shades Of Cool which is one of my favorite Lana MV's. Supposedly PWYC ( was this ever even confirmed to have a full video?) and Black Beauty were also going to have music videos, which sadly, didn't happen. As for the music, it was much different than BTD in terms of sound, and I'm glad she took that route because it suited her well. Even the deluxe tracks, outtakes, are wonderful.

However, I'd never want her to go through what she did in order to create UV again (i.e being really depressed).

i wrote all this to procrastinate from doing any actual work! oops!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I'm not here for the Sirens hatred. I'm sorry y'all weren't fans until she sold out in 2008 and became a media puppet, but May Jailer was her truest form. Lizzy Grant pushed May Jailer off a cliff (see Jump) then sold her soul to Satan (see Gods & Monsters). May Jailer is everything this new figure. Lana, wishes she could be. Birds Of A Feather >>>>> your media chosen fav 

:creep:  :creep:  :creep:

hail satan

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

idk... never experienced sirens nor aka, BTD and Paradise were so exciting for me, but it all felt manufactured and grew old by now 8yBAdvy.gif 

UV was so consistent, my fave photoshoots and styling ever but the music... 19VzS9t.gif 

Honeymoon, her best written album, so underrated but to me it was sooooo boring and all of the reused footage on most of the videos, girlllll... hQ6jQiT.gif 

Lust For Life, my fave album, she sounds soooo smart and rich but is it my fave era??? Like, give us 1 more video at least and it will be 1zvUIsW.gif

image.png

wait, don't insult the masterpiece sirens.  :bitchfight:

Not insulting Sirens, just saying that the era itself was pretty uneventful. 

I mean, an era consists of more things than just the music; like the tours, the photoshoots (I don't care too much about those even though some are pretty iconic), the interviews, the album's artwork, etc. Sirens might be good but as an era there's not a lot of substance. I do admit that I chose UV's era over BTD because of the music (feels more personal to me), even though BTD era was fun and pretty eventful. 

Unless I'm missing something? I'm not an expert in pre-Lana eras tbh. I mean, even if something more than just the music happened, nobody here comments on it because it's not very important. 

I think Paradise is also a good candidate if we forget the long wait for Tropico lmao

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif