Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Magical Moments on LFL?

We all know how Lana's more than capable of eliciting all these emotional reactions thru her music, by her very singing. Like at the end of Ride, where she swoons her heart out thru higher notes, @7:20, like in Burning Desire, and Cola

https://youtu.be/Py_-3di1yx0?t=7m19s

Makes me shine, like diamonds, with the note polyphony 

https://youtu.be/Te11UaHOHMQ?t=2m59s

At the start of Honeymoon's bridge, where she dips then lightens her notes, first lines

https://youtu.be/oPU8XJcA__k?t=3m50s

Or just the blaring synthesizers on West Coast @3:53, or at the choruses of Shades Of Cool

https://youtu.be/oKxuiw3iMBE?t=3m53s

Plenty of life thru the music. So, which musical moments on Lust For Life do you consider the most beautiful?

UV/Honeymoon

the piercing wall of sound released at the chorus of Love

the glimmering piano twinkles and howling wolves on Lust For Life

the vocal synth applied when she sings "across that county line" and the little techno blipips n bloops on 13 Beaches

the drum roll bombarding the repetition on Cherry, along with the final chorus adlib when she says "why" 

the genuine revving sounds and the simplistic yet winding melody on White Mustang

her highpitch vocals on the 'bridge' of Summer Bummer where it sounds like she's saying 'like doves in the summah' 

the little pling pling pling of the guitar before the chorus n verses, along with her hazy n breathy vocals come second verse

'crying while im cumming' and the overall badass bitchery of In My Feelings

the bridge on Woodstock is reminiscent of Honeymoon's, in which it's fucking ethereal and majestic and that's on that.

the guitar and her vocals upon GBA, i actually like the gunshots tbh

the melody and attitude within the pre-chorus and the hypnotizing repeating of 'is it the end of an era etc.'

her and spongebob's duet on beautiful people beautiful problems is great, plus the ending where they're like softly fighting their 'yeah's is great

ALL OF TOMORROW NEVER CAME IS MAGIC HENNY

ALL OF HEROIN IS MAGIC HUN

ALL OF CHANGE IS INCREDIBLE

ALL OF GET FREE IS LIBERATING AND GORGEOUS

My favourite moments on LFL that give me chills:

1. Love -  Lana's "Don't Worry Baby" chant.

2. 13 Beaches - The opening strings... (reminds me of my holiday to Gran Canaria back in July)

3. Cherry - The "I fall to pieceeeeeeeys" part... it's so sexy and i love it.

4. Summer Bummer - At the end where she goes "Don't be a bummer babe" and then the instrumental kicks in with the sick beat and haunting vocals

5. Groupie Love - The chorus part "Groupie LooooooooooOOOOOOOVE". It makes me so happy and gives me goosebumps.

6. Beautiful People - When Lana and Stevie start humming a deep melody during the bridge

7. Change - The final piano note after Lana sings "We'll be here for it". My personal favourite moment.

8. Get Free - And of course, the heavenly beach sounds that close the record. Absaloutely stunning.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Shake it up, throw your hands up and get loose

Cut a rug, lean into the fucking youth

Choreo, we just want the fucking truth

This part of World At War is one of my favorites of her whole discography. The production is perfect and her vocals are amazing! I really love the verses too, but the chorus ruins it for me. That being said, this (pre-chorus?) part is still one of my favorite Lana moments of all time.

To be specific, 

Love - the last "and in love" where her notes soar high, and the outro, "don't worry baby"

Lust for Life - the anticipation of the moment the song starts; you hear air clearing, with the revving of a motorcycle, and then BAM! "(Uhhmmm) Climb up the H." The twinkling piano notes are beautiful as well.

13 Beaches -  the moments the satellite noise hits in the pre-chorus, so unique.

Cherry - the drumroll pattern, when the beat drops, the quiet swear words laced throughout the tracks, and the "Why?" part

White Mustang "You're revving and revving it up" and the moment after the second whistle (you can hear some strings and piano and bass, it sounds like a sci-fi show theme)

Summer Bummer - the siren notes in the background after Rocky's verse, and the outro of those siren notes.

​Groupie Love - the plucked strings in the pre chorus and the hazy, dreaminess in the chorus, the backing whisper of  "having my baby" right after she sings "Having my baby right next to me" the faint moan/sigh right before "And every time we hook up"

In My Feelings the moment the beat drops right before "Cause you got me in my feelings" and the bridge vocals. Bop alert!1!!!11!!!

Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind - that futuristic sound the moment the song starts, the first "I'd trade it all" and of course, the bridge

God Bless America - And all the Beautiful Women In It -  the bridge, and the slightly folksy but regal instrumental when she says "Even when I'm alone"

WTWWAWWKD - "Shake it out, throw your hands up and get loose..." and the soprano vocals in the choruses

BPBP - The hums in the bridge, the last moment when Lana and Stevie alternate between "yeah" 

TNC - the first triadic chord of "hey, lady lay" and the bridge

Heroin - the whole song. The bridge is bliss. Best song on the record.

Change - the transition between first chorus and second verse, the last piano note of the song.

Get Free - whole stanza about the rainbows, the "shadup, shadup!" and "touch, touch!" in the background. The moment towards the end where the shouty Lizzy vocals begin to overpower the sweet, languorous Lana vocals. The entire last minute, with the seagulls and the beach sounds, the sound of freedom. 

To be specific, 

Love - the last "and in love" where her notes soar high, and the outro, "don't worry baby"

Lust for Life - the anticipation of the moment the song starts; you hear air clearing, with the revving of a motorcycle, and then BAM! "(Uhhmmm) Climb up the H." The twinkling piano notes are beautiful as well.

13 Beaches -  the moments the satellite noise hits in the pre-chorus, so unique.

Cherry - the drumroll pattern, when the beat drops, the quiet swear words laced throughout the tracks, and the "Why?" part

White Mustang "You're revving and revving it up" and the moment after the second whistle (you can hear some strings and piano and bass, it sounds like a sci-fi show theme)

Summer Bummer - the siren notes in the background after Rocky's verse, and the outro of those siren notes.

​Groupie Love - the plucked strings in the pre chorus and the hazy, dreaminess in the chorus, the backing whisper of  "having my baby" right after she sings "Having my baby right next to me" the faint moan/sigh right before "And every time we hook up"

In My Feelings the moment the beat drops right before "Cause you got me in my feelings" and the bridge vocals. Bop alert!1!!!11!!!

Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind - that futuristic sound the moment the song starts, the first "I'd trade it all" and of course, the bridge

God Bless America - And all the Beautiful Women In It -  the bridge, and the slightly folksy but regal instrumental when she says "Even when I'm alone"

WTWWAWWKD - "Shake it out, throw your hands up and get loose..." and the soprano vocals in the choruses

BPBP - The hums in the bridge, the last moment when Lana and Stevie alternate between "yeah" 

Change - the transition between first chorus and second verse, the last piano note of the song.

Get Free - whole stanza about the rainbows, the "shadup, shadup!" and "touch, touch!" in the background. The moment towards the end where the shouty Lizzy vocals begin to overpower the sweet, languorous Lana vocals. The entire last minute, with the seagulls and the beach sounds, the sound of freedom. 

Up*  :kiss3:

Edit: your taste is near identical to mine<3 I agree with almost alllll of these specificities 

I was gonna say the intro of 13 Beaches but it's honestly just the whole song, and mainly that little harp thing in the chorus.

The bridge of Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, and when she sings 'ly la ly', so heavenly

The drums before the Cherry chorus, and particularly after the "why? Because I love you sooo muuuuch"

Heroins little guitar part before the second chorus and the organs in the bridge.

Groupie Loves last chorus

White Mustangs intro

WTWWAWWKD's outro

There's plenty more magical moments. I wish people would stop saying it isn't a great album

I wish people would stop saying it isn't a great album

u gonna be surprised abt the forum's value on LfL then :creep:

- When legend Stevie and Lana sing together at the end of Beautiful People

- The opening of 13 Beaches with the movie sample and orchestra

- The White Mustang whistling

- The drums before the Cherry chorus

- The whole bridge of Heroin

- The humming at the end of Change. I cry

To be specific, 

!!!!!

also, in WTWWAWWKD, the last chorus and  "And we'll do it again" at the end are very magical for me