Magical Moments on LFL?

THAT I'VE BEEN DYYYYYYYYY-IIIIII-NNNN-YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

FOR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-METHING REEEAAAAAL

Finally.... I'm crossing the threshold

From the ordinary woo-ooo-oorld to the reveal of my heart

(and the rest of Get Free)

IT'S FUCKING HOT and the whole rest of Heroin's bridge and outro

The LFL video when Lana starts dancing

The whistling in WM and when she sings "you're gonna hear my like lightnin'" (I just can't hear 'hit me like lightning')

All of cherry, but in particular the bridge

Coachella's outro

World at War's and GBA's pre chorus (some of the best pre choruses she has ever done imo)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

her and spongebob's duet on beautiful people beautiful problems is great,

OMFGGGGGG :deadbanana:  :lmao: 

Shake it up, throw your hands up and get loose
Cut a rug, lean into the fucking youth
Choreo, we just want the fucking truth

This part of World At War is one of my favorites of her whole discography. The production is perfect and her vocals are amazing! I really love the verses too, but the chorus ruins it for me. That being said, this (pre-chorus?) part is still one of my favorite Lana moments of all time.

iagree, its like a cult-ish chant 

I'm unironically bopping to Coachella right now, I guess that's quite magical.

:toofunny:

sdey.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

you a mess

I'm a hot mess.  :hooker:

But I think the truly magical moments for me were when I listened to Cherry and World At War For the first time.

Especially the iconic swearing and of course LEAN INTO THE FUCKING YOOOOUUUUTH! :beyonce:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Coachella which is the best song on the album, so perfectly seguing the first half into the second half

The rat-a-tat-tat, the ominus drum beat the first party telling of a story painting the word picture (much like in American where she relates in conversation form

(Has there ever been anyone who sang a conversation like Lana does so well, so often, like a page out of a diary, I can only think of Harry Chapin & Leonard Cohen

(and very rarely, but seen on "Bobby Jean", Bruce.

In Love, how the last verse is her (BTW on tv, Madam Secretary practically had half an episode that seemed to be completely written using her earlier written song)

Tomorrow Never came-  the raw sheer joy "Now that I'm singing with Sean" is real, so real it probably was ad-libbed like Brooklyn Baby's end was.

Now if only Lana can get Bruce to sing Change with the full E-Street Band behind him.

The exquisite layering of the vocals makes me never want to see backup singers as all those are hers (and one needs to hear this in a car really loud, to hear on many songs the very background of each song, there is a lot going on. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It's been a bit since I've listened to the full album, but from what immediately comes to mind:

13 Beaches: The chorus, similiar to Salvatore, where it has that "flying" sound. 

Cherry: The drum roll before the chorus

Summer Bummer: Those sirens (or are they backing vocals heavily reverbed? I go back and forth trying to tell). 

Tomorrow Never Came: The whole sound, their harmonization, and the no no nos at the chorus (and the whole chorus in general). Also the way Sean sings stay baby stay/on the side of paradise/in the tropic of cancer. 

Heroin: The intro is honestly one of my favorite moments of Lana's discography. I can't quite describe the sound. It's very peaceful, but also dark and eerie, almost cult-like or like a cult retreat (which would fit in with the Manson reference, and also the whole theme of the song, of something starting out really beautiful and then getting dark and distorted). And then when Lana's vocals start--the way she's singing is slightly different to other songs, very world-weary (which obviously she's done before) but with just a different touch. And then the subtle drums that kick in. Then of course the IT'S FUCKING HOT portion. 

Change: That piano melody. 

Get Free: The Lizzy backing vocals and the outro. 

​Groupie Love - the plucked strings in the pre chorus and the hazy, dreaminess in the chorus, the backing whisper of  "having my baby" right after she sings "Having my baby right next to me" the faint moan/sigh right before "And every time we hook up"

YES

the whole 2nd verse of GL is pure magic. how did she do THAT?

Although I love the album so much, I've noticed this records a bit more subtle and elongated when it comes to the hit and peaks of its tracks. I haven't heard anyone mention Beautiful People's bridge yet, for just a few seconds right at 3:08 til the next few lines, where her voice sort of echoes and fades at "try" with the soft, haunting synthesizers over them, just

Also at 5:29 to like 5:36, in Heroin where her voice just blends together thru layering and you can almost hear soft ah's towards the end, it's like listening to a group of sirens cradling you in the air

I love how majestic she sings the first lines of Get Free, especially with "Finally" with the strings following dramatically almost instantly she's enunciating the lyrics. It sounds so triumphant and reassuring

UV/Honeymoon