Sign in to follow this  
evalionisameme

Lana's Impact: Artists who cite her as an influence/legacy on the music industry

As we all know Lanas impact on the music industry has been vast since she came onto the scene with many alt/or pop girls and emo hop rappers citing her as an influence or otherwise being a fan of her with this being seen in their sound.

Here are the ones I know of:

Sky Ferreira-covered blue jeans/fan/obvious in her sound.

Halsey-stated love for her many times/national anthem inspo obvious in New Americana/lyrical themes huge inspiration in halsey.

Charli xcx-stated love for her,said she's changed the landscape of pop and made it easier for artists like her to emerge.

Lorde-inspired by born to die on pure heroine although critiqued her a lot but said she was listening to a lot of her for her record.

Suicide boys-samples Yayo.

Lil peep-expressed love for her in live stream evident in emotional hip hop sound and rap technique very btd.

Melanie Martinez-covered her several times/stated love for her.

Taylor swift-included her on playlists/ripped off without you and made it autotuned.

Troye sivan-expressed love/critics stated obvious influence in his sound.

I don't like halsey either tbh did lana say anything though?

i hate halsey lol

she didnt say anything specifically as far as i know, but baldsey did both basically steam national anthem, then she basically stole Lanas bf yk

also Camila Cabello said recently that she was writing songs while listening to BtD(song)

we love the new queen of pop

giphy.gif

Shirley Manson (lead singer of Garbage) has said that Lana is amazing

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/03/22/shirley-manson-of-garbage-compares-herself-to-lana-del-rey-respects-lady-gaga/

“She’s beautiful. She’s really talented. She’s the real deal, and I think that’s threatening to people,” 

And Amy Lee, from Evanescence about Born To Die or Paradise? 

https://twitter.com/AmyLeeEV/status/269508281901387776

edit: sorry i kinda just mentioned people who like her, not people who said theyre influenced by her

would this count? :creep:

I think the entire pop industry has been either directly or indirectly inspired by Lana.

--

Miley is a huge fan and even cited her as a main influence on Dead Petz.

what do you think lana's legacy is in term of sound, themes and visuals?

there was an article written after UV's release (and released with very little promo) and the journalist was wondering how it would impact the music industry and didn't get deeper than that. So BTD has had influence, but do you think UV did too? (or HM?) 

what do you think lana's legacy is in term of sound, themes and visuals?

there was an article written after UV's release (and released with very little promo) and the journalist was wondering how it would impact the music industry and didn't get deeper than that. So BTD has had influence, but do you think UV did too? (or HM?)

I think her entire career has like Lana said with the rise of a lot of depressing more mellow music influenced other artists especially what's considered playable on radio.

Also it really shows because there are artists bigger than her but with little to no legacy e.g.Katy Perry,selena gomez,Meghan trainor none of these artists although I think selena is the best out of the three even though her singing is atrocious will ever have legacies

Basically all of these new emerging alt/pop girlies are inspired by her

tenor.gif

'inspired' is being too nice  :teehee:

quizlet 'inspired' me to get the right answers on exams  :teehee:

Mmmmm I can see how Sky may have been influenced by her but her cover of Blue Velvet has nothing to do with Lana. That song is already a cover, and she performed it as part of a music of David Lynch concert.

Blue Jeans

Shirley Manson (lead singer of Garbage) has said that Lana is amazing

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/03/22/shirley-manson-of-garbage-compares-herself-to-lana-del-rey-respects-lady-gaga/

“She’s beautiful. She’s really talented. She’s the real deal, and I think that’s threatening to people,” 

And Amy Lee, from Evanescence about Born To Die or Paradise? 

https://twitter.com/AmyLeeEV/status/269508281901387776

edit: sorry i kinda just mentioned people who like her, not people who said theyre influenced by her

Amy lee omg my night has been made, 

As we all know Lanas impact on the music industry has been vast since she came onto the scene with many alt/or pop girls and emo hop rappers citing her as an influence or otherwise being a fan of her with this being seen in their sound.

Here are the ones I know of:

Sky Ferreira-covered blue jeans/fan/obvious in her sound.

Halsey-stated love for her many times/national anthem inspo obvious in New Americana/lyrical themes huge inspiration in halsey.

Charli xcx-stated love for her,said she's changed the landscape of pop and made it easier for artists like her to emerge.

Lorde-inspired by born to die on pure heroine although critiqued her a lot but said she was listening to a lot of her for her record.

Suicide boys-samples Yayo.

Lil peep-expressed love for her in live stream evident in emotional hip hop sound and rap technique very btd.

Melanie Martinez-covered her several times/stated love for her.

Taylor swift-included her on playlists/ripped off without you and made it autotuned.

Troye sivan-expressed love/critics stated obvious influence in his sound.

My baby peep :(