Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Chuck and only Chuck should shoot the cover/inserts

and it's time to get Chuck onto the charts in an official duet

wouldn't it be cool if Chuck got a #1 song singing a EG song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Chuck and only Chuck should shoot the cover/inserts

and it's time to get Chuck onto the charts in an official duet

wouldn't it be cool if Chuck got a #1 song singing a EG song

Everything about this post is a huge no thank you x Chuck needs to get a job and stay away from her as a photographer because I'm not having her fuck up another album photoshoot like she did with both Honeymoon and Lust for Life. She's an okay photographer but her pictures are always so basic and amateur looking imho

FzytWEW.png

For anyone who has recently been to a Lana concert: do you have to get VIP tickets in order to get front row/ barricade? Or you can get there even if you got normal tickets?

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Everything about this post is a huge no thank you x Chuck needs to get a job and stay away from her as a photographer because I'm not having her fuck up another album photoshoot like she did with both Honeymoon and Lust for Life. She's an okay photographer but her pictures are always so basic and amateur looking imho

THIS. ^

To this day, the only photoshoot I will give credit to Chuck for is the High By the Beach cover and some of her early Lizzy photoshoots. Everything else was essentially trash. HM cover is ugly even though I love the concept, and LFL is just average.

UV is still her most iconic album cover. So simple yet so effective. Chuck could never.

GuyS oN ThE FoRTH Of The TweLvE Of THe FIfth ItS A coCaAInE Moon On a TUeSAdaY hONeyMooN I BeT SHeS GoNNa REleaSE tHE alBUM thEN

Also,  Lana has 2 eyebrows and 10 fingers so we know for sure it's gonna be released at 2:10pm GMT!!!!!!!! We are really nailing it this time  :dance: 

I still don't quite understand the Honeymoon cover hatred - it was the first thing that captivated me when viewing one of her albums. It looks great.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I still don't quite understand the Honeymoon cover hatred - it was the first thing that captivated me when viewing one of her albums. It looks great.

I hated it at first but I love that album sooo much I got used to the cover now and I kinda like it. On the other hand, the LFL cover is just cringy and her forced smile makes Lana look like a deformed horse

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I think what sucks about HM is it’s the only lana cover from AKA to LFL that isn’t a portrait. All of her album covers are very uniform so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

At the same time, it shows her headspace at the time of writing the album. It’s her at a distance and considering how depressing some of the lyrical content of HM was (“I’ve got nothing much to live for”/“it’s not a song, it’s not one of them, I’m on my own again”). It shows her distant, perhaps from herself or her headspace, so it suits the style of the album well, it’s just not aesthetically pleasing as a collective discography if you get it.

I hated it at first but I love that album sooo much I got used to the cover now and I kinda like it. On the other hand, the LFL cover is just cringy and her forced smile makes Lana look like a deformed horse

yeah the LFL cover isn't her best, the honeymoon one looks like a poster from the 40s <3

I think what sucks about HM is it’s the only lana cover from AKA to LFL that isn’t a portrait. All of her album covers are very uniform so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

At the same time, it shows her headspace at the time of writing the album. It’s her at a distance and considering how depressing some of the lyrical content of HM was (“I’ve got nothing much to live for”/“it’s not a song, it’s not one of them, I’m on my own again”). It shows her distant, perhaps from herself or her headspace, so it suits the style of the album well, it’s just not aesthetically pleasing as a collective discography if you get it.

Yeah i agree, it stands alone but thats what's so admirable about it

I really wish Lana would work with Dana Trippe (http://instagram.com/trippydana/). She's working with Borns now so it's not that much of a stretch.

PKqXiKS.jpg811kYtr.jpgJqypMfG.jpg

Oh my god, I would love that! It would go so well with a more folk/psychedelic album...but unfortunately, this style seems too artsy and psihedelic for Lana. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Everything about this post is a huge no thank you x Chuck needs to get a job and stay away from her as a photographer because I'm not having her mess up another album photoshoot like she did with both Honeymoon and Lust for Life. She's an okay photographer but her pictures are always so basic and amateur looking imho

Why does everyone hate Chuck?

I think she’s a good photographer

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I have such a love hate relationship with the love music video, and I hope she never works Rich Lee again honestly.

Wait what, why?

Love is nothing more than a beautiful song, and the video was the best with that concept and the spacial visuals, I cried the first time I watched it.

Personally, I hope she works with Rich again if there's more projects like Love MV

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The Love music video was good but it didn't feel like a lana video to me, i didn't like that Lana wasn't apart of the kids on the moon, in space etc. It would've been better if she contributed in the storyline more