Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

lol imagine being able to pick a favorite out of the hundreds of songs lana has recorded-- I definitely couldn't there are too many good ones

Top Ten:

1. A Star For Nick

2. Bad Disease

3. Fordham Road

4. TV In Black and White

5. Heroin

6. Yayo (all versions)

7. Put Me In A Movie (all versions)

8. Mermaid Motel (all versions)

9. Brite Lites (Mertens Version)

10. Your Girl

giphy.gif

So this thread will turn into the LDR5 thread where people argued about all her previous albums for 567899999 pages before any official news about anything in released?

isn't that every pre-release thread lmao? And Lana is still on tour so we shouldnt expect anything in a while

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

So this thread will turn into the LDR5 thread where people argued about all her previous albums for 567899999 pages before any official news about anything in released?

well, it's the pre-pre-release, so we don't have any info about the album. I do not see any problems in discussing what we like in her previous albums or what do we wanna see in her next one (i don't wanna sound rude)

Educate your tastes and stan for the true trinity : Black Beauty - TBD - Get Free (HMs to Fine Christianity and Heroin)

omg taste!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

lol not to throw shade but I'm surprised how much love Honeymoon is getting. Of all her albums, it feels the least emotional and diverse to me, and the production is too quiet. It doesn't tell a story as much as the others do. It has a lot of good songs but not ones I can listen to over and over again like on the others.

That being said, it's still a lana album so it's still a masterpiece. I'm only speaking comparatively 

@bartender-  yeah, I would include Sirens and the other earlier stuff, so I would just give her the entire Top 10

and have Elton's Capt. Fantastic the first non-Lana album at #11.

and for everyone-

either my memory is totally gone, or who knows what, but lately been seeing No Kung Fu listed in her discography-

Does that actually exist or is it either a boot or fan made? And if it does exist, was that always the title? I thought I knew most everything from day one.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

speaking about whining - have you guys heard abt the blog culled culture?

idk if the author is a fan or not, but they're certainly v interested in Lana and some of the pieces are... a choice. from "LDR's method increasingly channels Madonna's" (in which they p much accuse her of ripping off other people), to "LDR aging and the deterioration of cuteness when it comes to expressing suicidal desires" (basically stating that she dropped her usual melancholia in favor of a happier, more political record bc she's aging, so it's no longer cute for her to be moody and be fascinated with death), or my personal fave, "The LDR/Weinstein revelation accents a larger truth about the singer", with gems such as:

And even if Del Rey’s then subtle dig at the producer was her attempt at letting the cat out of the bag, it doesn’t change that she toyed with the notion of fulfilling her Daddy complex, much to the eventual dismay of then boyfriend Barrie James O’Neil. At least, one supposes, Del Rey is trying to make up for it now with her burst of feminism (hear: “God Bless America – And All the Beautiful Women In It”)–sort of the way George W. Bush is trying to make up for his flaccid presidency with hardcore shade throwing.

edit: some of the pieces are actually interesting and thoughtful btw. but the weinstein one in particular really rubbed me the wrong way, ngl.

Omg YouTube’s music recommendations were serving taste as usual and I came across this beautiful Japanese psychedelic folk record from the 1970s

Listen from 19:29 onwards

That gorgeous melody and the guitar :defeated:

I’d kill to hear Lana sing something like that. I’m sorry I don’t even think Yosemite sounds this good and I don’t even know what Hako Yamasaki is saying. Where’s @Khris

This is what the standard for a folk album from Lana should be.

To add onto LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release Thread’s hopes and dreams, the only wish I have for LDR6 is that she stays true to her old school sound instead of trying to urbanize it further than what she did on LFL. She’s beginning to sound like a parody of herself sound-wise. The “singing for my babies on the tour life” line makes me think that she thinks this is what her fanbase wants when it’s anything but :rip:

Her making more urban sounding music is kind of a mess now because she still tries to keep that indie/alternative aesthetic but the songs just end up sounding underproduced as hell :eartha:

No more of that please. The songwriting suffered as well.

Still really not a fan of how uniform/simplistic the melody and structure of a lot of the songs on LFL were. It really sucked the soul and rawness out of the music for me.

I really hope she takes more melodic risks in the future and experiments with more complex melodies like the record I linked above. Melodies that really grab you and take a few listens to fully comprehend.

All in all, I hope she starts to find inspiration in music other than the Billboard Hot 100 again :makeup:

Imagine if LDR6 sounds just like Honeymoon (the song) from beginning to end :oprah: I would die from happiness and that would be my all time favourite album

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Imagine if LDR6 sounds just like Honeymoon (the song) from beginning to end :oprah: I would die from happiness and that would be my all time favourite album

You want the entire album to sound like Honeymoon? Like the exact tempo and everything? All 5 minutes and 50 seconds of it?

gdaSyyd.gif

Edit: Wait I kinda want this too :poordat:

Well, I mainly want the strings but still

#LeakLoveDemo #LeakSR

lol not to throw shade but I'm surprised how much love Honeymoon is getting. Of all her albums, it feels the least emotional and diverse to me, and the production is too quiet.

Honeymoon sweetie I'm so sorry. You need to listen again.... with good headphones, high volume and memories from your past. It's a mindblowingly gorgeous album. 

The emotion is all there, but I feel that Honeymoon is one of those albums where you need to go through some type of trauma or severe heartbreak to really resonate with the sonic universe she has created.

Honeymoon sweetie I'm so sorry. You need to listen again.... with good headphones, high volume and memories from your past. It's a mindblowingly gorgeous album. 

The emotion is all there, but I feel that Honeymoon is one of those albums where you need to go through some type of trauma or severe heartbreak to really resonate with the sonic universe she has created.

i did exactly that just this morning and what you wrote is so true, it really is a near-perfect album. like sure, it's a slow gloomy one & you def have to be in the mood for it, but it's so eerie and also so quintessentially Lana? i always liked it, but it's really grown on me lately. and i'd never thought about the trauma/heartbreak thing, but that does makes sense - like, at the very least you have to be willing to mull over your own darkest/unhappiest times, for sure.

Omg YouTube’s music recommendations were serving taste as usual and I came across this beautiful Japanese psychedelic folk record from the 1970s

Listen from 19:29 onwards

That gorgeous melody and the guitar :defeated:

Thanks for the recommendation. The album is beautiful. Just listened to the whole thing.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8