Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lies can buy eternity :hottie:

A wedding ring* according to 2017-2018 Lana  :hooker:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

A wedding ring* according to 2017-2018 Lana  :hooker:

Which is interesting that she sang that. Because it alludes to the finiteness of marriage ("till death do us part") as opposed to the notion of eternity (see how the Os in Honeymoon on the album cover are linked like an infinity symbol). It makes me think about her writing process.

I have such a love hate relationship with the love music video, and I hope she never works Rich Lee again honestly.  

Ok I want to update this and say; I fucking hate the Love video (The parts with Lana are great, but the rest of it is trash). I would've rather had a video of g-sleazy following her around a club with his iPhone and an 8mm filter, a la the Ultraviolnece video........

I do have to say I think the White Mustang video would've been good, even great if it was the bar video :creep:  :creep:  :creep:

Lust For Life is just boring and forgettable

omg this happy lana is so lame. (even though im happy that shes hapoy)

but i want UV lana back

can she get in a relationship and then just leave the man? i need good material !!

but i want UV lana back

can she get in a relationship and then just leave the man? i need good material !!

i'm all for her happiness, but it doesnt translate very well into her music.

(In most cases)

Why would you say that? I mean, sure, sometimes his interpretations seem a bit far-fetched, but I do think it is interesting to have such a different perspective on Lana's music :)

im the #1 fan of great lana analysis but it's not realistic

@paradixo

that is not what you said a number of years ago, is this the same paradixo???

@Terrencelovesme-

Elizabeth is real. Just look at who the royalty checks are made out to.

But don't worry, she still lets Lizzy May and Lana come out to play, but only when she wants to.

and Gramma is real too.

love you graham + your posts but seriously omg i literally can't see your lana/lizzy theory applied on honeymoon, and im a huge honeymoon lover and have my own theory of it. and no i never liked your theory, i think i said it already last year. I RESPECT YOU THO omg i dont wanna come off as rude. <3333

but i want UV lana back

omg :rip: wouldn't it be better if she had a boyfriend and wrote a record about passionate love and sex and finally finding the one you were always looking for? as much as i love her sad music i dont want her to be in a dark mindset ever again

Yeah..She was kind of too much of a mom on LFL and that seems to continue for the next album with HIAB...Yeah she's happy and I'm happy for her that she's finally in a better place in life but as @@Wynwood said...it's pretty lame in term of her artistry/music

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

im the #1 fan of great lana analysis but it's not realistic

I'm still not convinced lol. I was just wondering why you'd think that (as I am also very much into analysis)

But she's made fantastic happy songs before but they've all been bittersweet so they've had a hint of sadness in them (melodies). For example, Never Let Me Go is still quite a happy and cute song and it works really well. Love and Get Free also work really well at capturing that happiness, even Groupie Love is an amazing ethereal track. So i don't think happy music is something she isn't good at, it just depends how it is executed. It some ways i actually prefer her bittersweet tracks over her depressive tracks.

I think where she goes wrong when trying to be positive is when she tries to be political with it. (see Coachella, GBA, WTWWAWWKD, BPBP). They're not so great. It's not her happiness she needs to ditch, it's ugly politics.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

But she's made fantastic happy songs before but they've all been bittersweet so they've had a hint of sadness in them (melodies). For example, Never Let Me Go is still quite a happy and cute song and it works really well. Love and Get Free also work really well at capturing that happiness, even Groupie Love is an amazing ethereal track. So i don't think happy music is something she isn't good at, it just depends how it is executed. It some ways i actually prefer her bittersweet tracks over her depressive tracks.

I think where she goes wrong when trying to be positive is when she tries to be political with it. (see Coachella, GBA, WTWWAWWKD, BPBP). They're not so great. It's not her happiness she needs to ditch, it's ugly politics.

Even her depressing songs sometimes don’t work...hint hint

I think that a lot of us forget that so many of Lana's songs are just not sad

I'm still not convinced lol. I was just wondering why you'd think that (as I am also very much into analysis)

love them but not when they're unrealistic. the whole lana vs lizzy battle isn't a concept lana would come up with :rip:

love them but not when they're unrealistic. the whole lana vs lizzy battle isn't a concept lana would come up with :rip:

I see. It's what you think is unrealistic. Right? 

Are we talking about the same person? The same person who posted the LIB snippet, teased AKA re-release in 2012, said Yosemite was her fav off LFL, Tropico coming out in September, UV in May 1st, Cherry music video and a long list of things she's never finished? Just asking

Good point.

giphy.gif

This next album seems to be the most curious one....I really don't know what to expect this time. What do you guys think  she's gonna sing about? 

I really want to hear God Bless America without Metro Boomin's beats, I feel like it would be so much more anthematic

xQSJ9ca.gif also can someone make an edit to the chorus where instead of beautiful women she says people? using the last chorus?

This next album seems to be the most curious one....I really don't know what to expect this time. What do you guys think  she's gonna sing about? 

i think she will sing about her finding happiness and i REALLLLY  want her to do a reflection of the past and have songs that sound like UV BTD and HM with new stuff but they are all reflecting