Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Yeah. I’d LOVE some AKA beachy vibes!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Yeah, I know but the melody sounds pretty happy/sweet so..

good point! But I think that even if the song sounds happy/sweet, it may be kinda sad... I mean, HBTB is kinda upbeat but it's talking about lack of privacity

@ Everytime I see your post I'm like I'll have what she's having whatever the hell that is you could literally say you want her bald and seriously joining rastafari I'd be like yes I believe in Arcadia's concept

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

good point! But I think that even if the song sounds happy/sweet, it may be kinda sad... I mean, HBTB is kinda upbeat but it's talking about lack of privacity

Well, a song can be about the most depressive things ever, and can be really sad if we're talking about the message, but if the melody it's more happy sounding, then, evrybody kinda sees it primarily as a happy song, where in reality, it's pretty bittersweet...

It's like when everybody said Video Games was a really sad song but in reality it was a happy song, lana being just nostalgic over happy moments in her life

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I literally don't know why do u guys think that HiaB is a happy song. It's saying that the happiness escapes from her, and it's inspired by Nathaniel Hawthorne, who is one of the most important gothic authors

I think it's going to be about Lana's struggle with finding happiness, and the things she does to find happiness. 

"Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

Well, a song can be about the most depressive things ever, and can be really sad if we're talking about the message, but if the melody it's more happy sounding, then, evrybody kinda sees it primarily as a happy song, where in reality, it's pretty bittersweet...

It's like when everybody said Video Games was a really sad song but in reality it was a happy song, lana being just nostalgic over happy moments in her life

that's so true! Yeah, I agree with you... I think that maybe I pay more attention to the lyrics, but you made a super valid point!

Ur missing the point.

Awaken My Love is a great record. Psychedelic rock inspired music may not be for you and that’s fine. Just don’t come at me for wanting a collab that would sound great. IN MY OPINION.

As if I need to spell this out any more.

You must not like Ultraviolence.

Awaken My Love was a flop attempt at switching up and trying a new sound. Me And Your Mama was the only truly good song, and the rest of the album couldn't even come close to it's quality. Redbone is trash, and the GP loves trash so that's why it's a hit. Also don't compare the album to UV, bc at least UV was made with actual effort. Meanwhile he basically released an instrumental album that sounds like something Shaggy and Scooby made while high on acid.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

By the way we know nothing about her personally. Y’all gotta stop assuming she’s happy just because she has an album called Lust For Life with a fake ass smile on its cover

um this "we know nothing about celebrities" shit is partially untrue. we know what lana wants us to know, and on LFL she's telling you she's succeeding in her way to happiness... :) 

Awaken My Love was a flop attempt at switching up and trying a new sound. Me And Your Mama was the only truly good song, and the rest of the album couldn't even come close to it's quality. Redbone is trash, and the GP loves trash so that's why it's a hit. Also don't compare the album to UV, bc at least UV was made with actual effort. Meanwhile he basically released an instrumental album that sounds like something Shaggy and Scooby made while high on acid.

You can hate an album as much as you want (maybe just because I like it??? Idk whatever) but it doesn’t change the way other people see it. It’s a work of art, the way you see it is your own perspective. Call it what you want but I liked the album a lot, thank you very much. For today, we don’t have a lot of mainstream artists completely changing their sound and doing something as different as psychedelic rock inspired sounds. If you think it was non-genuine, you’re not looking close enough. Broaden your horizons and maybe you’ll appreciate different music like I appreciate his record

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

You can hate an album as much as you want (maybe just because I like it??? Idk whatever) but it doesn’t change the way other people see it. It’s a work of art, the way you see it is your own perspective. Call it what you want but I liked the album a lot, thank you very much. For today, we don’t have a lot of mainstream artists completely changing their sound and doing something as different as psychedelic rock inspired sounds. If you think it was non-genuine, you’re not looking close enough. Broaden your horizons and maybe you’ll appreciate different music like I appreciate his record

Well I guess the whole world needs a magnifying glass bc it flopped critically and chart wise. Not to mention he said that he won't be making music again. We love an embarrassing retirement.

As for opinions and perspectives, sure.. to each his own. But don't flatter yourself by saying it's anywhere near UV in terms of success, effort, or anything in between.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: