Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Im here for a Track 10 bop! her pop2 is coming!

Honey no, Track 10 is such a mess

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The title is probably a throw-off. Maybe a working title or concept where some parts sould like an answering machine or something.

I imagine the same! Something half-spoken in the background. :flutter:

im hyped for the new song. forgot who but someone said it might sound like some 80s shit and i'm so here if that's what it is

Hon, that was me and I was only joking, I have no idea what it might sound like. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yeah and I think that's why she's working with such a commercial producer (Jack...something I can't remember). She's definitely after a safe for the general public kinda record and that worries me.

How much of her personality is she willingly to ditch so that she can get some hits?

Is she still capable of promoting at the same level she did during BTD?

Lana has too put in major effort so that she can get kind of a chance. It's not good enough nowadays especially the way things are now in the industry, to just release something and expect it to chart. You HAVE to sell yourself and work real hard.

I dont think you're giving Lana enough credit, it's not really fair to say she's selling herself. Because she isn't at all. We all thought Lust for Life was gonna be quite commercial and more pop friendly (which it was a little) but the pop friendly tracks were still in no way considered pop when u compare it to actual chart music, She's always stayed true to her own sound no matter what. And the "pop" album gave us masterpieces like 13 Beaches, Change, Get Free, Heroin. So even if she does decide to go a little more pop friendly for LDR6, she's always going to have her own special uniqueness that no other artist can compare too

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LDR6 to sound like Bird of a Feather.

Acoustic instrumentals with heavy autotuned vocals.

Talking like an answering machine indeed i swear to god the moment i clicked on the thread I was listening to BOAF and saw this title for the first time...

Jokes aside, I don't really mind the titles so far or judge stuff for so many reasons. First of all, there's a big possibility we won't even hear the stuff that has been teased, and if we get to listen to it, there's the possibility that she just changed the whole lyrics to something new.....

I don't really think that HIAB would be just a piano ballad raw like that. Reminds me of the first snippet for "Roses bloom for you" and then her longer videos playing it in the bg and you could hear new stuff around it. EVEN RAW SONGS LIKE OLD MONEY GET SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST PIANO+VOCAL.

Yeah and I think that's why she's working with such a commercial producer (Jack...something I can't remember). She's definitely after a safe for the general public kinda record and that worries me.

How much of her personality is she willingly to ditch so that she can get some hits?

Is she still capable of promoting at the same level she did during BTD?

Lana has too put in major effort so that she can get kind of a chance. It's not good enough nowadays especially the way things are now in the industry, to just release something and expect it to chart. You HAVE to sell yourself and work real hard.

Not only that but she feels more comfortable censoring herself nowadays too. I mean, I can’t really blame her for wanting to seem like a better role model. Especially after going to a children’s hospital and knowing that kids listen to your records and all the things you say.

I feel like the unique little references in her music are starting to die out as well. Again, I think it’s natural considering it’s been almost 8 years since she’s been away from that crazy lifestyle that inspired her to write the way she did. Though I’d rather her move on and incorporate newer references. She can’t just write songs about Barrie her entire career. Hoping and trusting her for another great evolution like BTD -> UV.

Also I’m p sure she said that she dislikes the production process in that Beats1 interview :rip:

TLAAM somehow sounds a bit experimental to me. Like a Black-Cherry-era Goldfrapp track. We probably won't get to hear it anyway

This is honestly so hot and I get so bored when people are like "LANA'S ONLY GOOD WHEN SHE'S DOING ONE-VOCAL-TAKE-ONLY OVER GUITAR RIFFS EVEN IF HER VOICE CRACKS BECAUSE THAT'S ART AND HER FEELINGS!!!"

I mean girl if she dropped anything slightly electronic it would just blow her catalogue as something totally new and probably amazing

I'd much rather have her to explore something totally new like this than going into something else already done and "sound like a failure"

this song's outro is...something I could hear on her music easily and still totally Del Rey.

But WHAT IS THE POINT of her wanting to be a role model now??? It's too late and it makes zero sense. She cant take back her past so bringing in younger kids to her music is a bad decision because they're gonna end up listening to her old music and hear all about cocaine and heroin and white lines and sugar daddies. So she may as well continue being a bad bitch and maintaining her fan base, the little kiddies that need things cencored can back off :crossed:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This is honestly so hot and I get so bored when people are like "LANA'S ONLY GOOD WHEN SHE'S DOING ONE-VOCAL-TAKE-ONLY OVER GUITAR RIFFS EVEN IF HER VOICE CRACKS BECAUSE THAT'S ART AND HER FEELINGS!!!"

I mean girl if she dropped anything slightly electronic it would just blow her catalogue as something totally new and probably amazing

I'd much rather have her to explore something totally new like this than going into something else already done and "sound like a failure"

That Jamie xx collab needs to leak

Also #LanaxOPN2k18

https://youtu.be/e6Dxtn3nAog

https://youtu.be/TzZ6-OqjoIg

https://youtu.be/LnGGY-1bdW8

I mean girl if she dropped anything slightly electronic it would just blow her catalogue as something totally new and probably amazing

this song's outro is...something I could hear on her music easily and still totally Del Rey.

Haha, that's probably my favourite Black Cherry track. I'd love her to do something like that, but I'm afraid she'll go more "mainstream"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Also I’m p sure she said that she dislikes the production process in that Beats1 interview :rip:

I think she meant the mastering process IIRC

8nl2OpX.png

We know what she's capable of when it comes to song writing and we know she's always trying to put something out that has meaning to it. Even if you don't like the political songs on LFL, they still have meaning. So I doubt that we'll ever get "empty" pop songs just for the sake of having a hit song. 

But WHAT IS THE POINT of her wanting to be a role model now??? It's too late and it makes zero sense. She cant take back her past so bringing in younger kids to her music is a bad decision because they're gonna end up listening to her old music and hear all about cocaine and heroin and white lines and sugar daddies. So she may as well continue being a bad bitch and maintaining her fan base, the little kiddies that need things cencored can back off :crossed:

People change. It's not like everything we say and do is fixed

We know what she's capable of when it comes to song writing and we know she's always trying to put something out that has meaning to it. Even if you don't like the political songs on LFL, they still have meaning. So I doubt that we'll ever get "empty" pop songs just for the sake of having a hit song. 

Lust

For

Life

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Her work with Jack could end up just like Ronsons' for "Honeymoon" but it really get me intrigued about what they were up to. Still, it doesn't really get me "scared" of her going Mainstream because her entire life she worked with Rick Nowels and this man really couldn't get her a hit or put her on a mainstream route for example....Not that their work is her prime aswell, but they have some of the best songs.

She mentioned before they didn't really have the "will" of getting her songs on the radio. Sometimes we blame Max Martin about Lust For Life (song) when the final is not even his version and they re-worked the thing before releasing the final so... lol

I honestly couldn't care less she's working with Jack. If he can find the right sound for Lana and pull another amazing record like Melodrama, Masseduction or Crowded Places than I'm all in.

8nl2OpX.png

Her work with Jack could end up just like Ronsons' for "Honeymoon" but it really get me intrigued about what they were up to. Still, it doesn't really get me "scared" of her going Mainstream because her entire life she worked with Rick Nowels and this man really couldn't get her a hit or put her on a mainstream route for example....Not that their work is her prime aswell, but they have some of the best songs.

She mentioned before they didn't really have the "will" of getting her songs on the radio. People blame Max Martin about Lust For Life (song) when the final is not even his version and they re-worked the thing before releasing the final so... lol

Really sad the Ronson collabs didn't turn into anything solid. That's a genuinely interesting pairing and I bet they could have made some great stuff. Even if Lana worked with Jack, I doubt she'd let him take over the production to the point that it sounds like the synthpop nightmare everyone is envisioning in their heads rn. Didn't he produce this gem?

Really sad the Ronson collabs didn't turn into anything solid. That's a genuinely interesting pairing and I bet they could have made some great stuff. Even if Lana worked with Jack, I doubt she'd let him take over the production to the point that it sounds like the synthpop nightmare everyone is envisioning in their heads rn. Didn't he produce this gem?

He's really 8 or 80 in general lol

He do have some really great songs, on the other hand, the "bad ones" are really messy. But mostly of his recent work has been praised; Melodrama, St. Vicent's record... and the nice thing is that they're all different.