Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Why are we assuming Jack? Because she hung out with him once? Let's not jump to conclusions... and even if she's working with him, maybe it's just for one song?? It doesn't mean he'd be producing the whole album i guess

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

As a Brit, I feel so awkward listening to GBA. Which is a shame because it sounds gorgeous but the lyrics somewhat make me cringe. Too patriotic.

I feel like this with WTWWAW because it’s like... she doesn’t care if the rest of the world is at war, as long as America keeps dancing?

I feel like this with WTWWAW because it’s like... she doesn’t care if the rest of the world is at war, as long as America keeps dancing?

Tbh thanks for bringing this up I thought I was the only one

Also people only bringing attention to conflicts if they directly affect them & it's not like that subtle "nuclear tensions" isn't only a drop in the ocean of the world's misery and ongoing shit on the streets of everyday lives of many people in places she hasn't heard of

I'm bitter but damn her white activism gets on my nerves sometimes

I love this song because it has that vintage-y feel to it with all that WWII imagery of everyday life of Americans and all that simplicity she showcases beauty through but one tiny bit of my brain finds that facade slightly problematic don't come for me

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

As a Brit, I feel so awkward listening to GBA. Which is a shame because it sounds gorgeous but the lyrics somewhat make me cringe. Too patriotic.

Ffff yes

As an Aussie,  sometimes I pathetically sing it by subbing in the word  "Australia",  cause same syllables. It just sounds ridiculous. Only America can get away with it,  and that's probably not such a great thing. No one in Australia sings about Australia. 

It is a beautiful song though.

Ffff yes

As an Aussie,  sometimes I pathetically sing it by subbing in the word  "Australia",  cause same syllables. It just sounds ridiculous. Only America can get away with it,  and that's probably not such a great thing. No one in Australia sings about Australia. 

It is a beautiful song though.

It's cus America is such a "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" sort of country

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't feel like America is the "we," just young people who have hope for the world in general, like I think of hippies in the 70s

the production of Love is fucking magical, i got so emotional listening to it again. production like this for LDR6 would not be a bad idea, it's very cinematic and Lana at one of her best moments. 

giphy.gif

the production of Love is fucking magical, i got so emotional listening to it again. production like this for LDR6 would not be a bad idea, it's very cinematic and Lana at one of her best moments. 

Yes

But I am personally offended when people say this but not acknowledge that the production goes side by side with Driving In Cars With Boys  :horror: 

Yes

But I am personally offended when people say this but not acknowledge that the production goes side by side with Driving In Cars With Boys  :horror: 

Never really thought about that, but now that you say that, Love and Driving in Cars With Boys have similar soundscapes! Could definitely see the latter being the B-side to Love!

Love has the best instrumental on the whole album

Heroin is triggered

I don't feel like America is the "we," just young people who have hope for the world in general, like I think of hippies in the 70s

Oh really?  I always thought of people in the 50s - 60s  like your regular middle class working families that just get dressed and continue on working/going to school,  cause it's all they had during the war. 

Bu-bu-but... Isn't America the one that keeps the world at war?! :O

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8