Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I am not an American, and I see « the end of America » in WTWWAW as a symbol: the symbol of happiness, the American dream and all to make something for yourself. The political climate has me questioning if it is the end of peace, no matter what country we are in.

Love has the best instrumental on the whole album

Groupie Love is screaming

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

13 Beaches sweetie im so sorry

13 Beaches instrumental was out of this world. truly had the futuristic tone that Lana intended for the whole album and seemingly had some of the best noises with the birds and eerie feeling

giphy.gif

Heroin and Get Free have the best instrumentals on the whole album

SO TRUE!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I have been thinking about something lately.

Do you think that if Lana released music with lyrics like this today, she would be dragged? (by faux outraged feminists mostly chanting U DONT NEED NO MAN TO BE COMPLETE JUST CUZ U A WOMAN)

But I trust in the decision of the Lord to watch over us
Take him when he may, if he may
I'm not afraid to say
That I'd die without him
Who else is gonna put up with me this way?
I need you, I breathe you, I never leave you
They would rue the day I was alone without you

-

Your love is deadly.
Tell me life is beautiful,
They all think I have it all.
I've nothing without you.
All my dreams and all the lights mean
Nothing without you.

I have been thinking about something lately.

Do you think that if Lana released music with lyrics like this today, she would be dragged? (by faux outraged feminists mostly chanting U DONT NEED NO MAN TO BE COMPLETE JUST CUZ U A WOMAN)

But I trust in the decision of the Lord to watch over us

Take him when he may, if he may

I'm not afraid to say

That I'd die without him

Who else is gonna put up with me this way?

I need you, I breathe you, I never leave you

They would rue the day I was alone without you

-

Your love is deadly.

Tell me life is beautiful,

They all think I have it all.

I've nothing without you.

All my dreams and all the lights mean

Nothing without you.

She would be, but not as much as she was in 2012 because now she is kind of old and respected in the industry already. There would still be some critics that are gonna say stuff but nothing to get out of control, I would say. People will just be like: ''Oh, she's just singing her usual stuff, nothing's new'' and then they would forget about it.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I've come to the conclusion that I want the next album to be a crossover of UV, Greetings From Califournia by The Neighbourhood, and Suburbia by Troye Sivan. But that would be like the best album ever, not just the best Lana album

ZKcaooE.png

On the whole feminism thing... I always felt Lana was not hypocritical, as opposed to many female singers today. When I see girls belching lyrics like «I don't need a man» and yet they are ass-shaking and slutty looking, I call it BS and hypocritical. Lana has always been sexy and classy. 

I have always seen each one of her songs as «a moment in time», a portrait, a emotion lived at that peculiar time in her life. Same with her love stories. We have all had moments where we thought: «I am so much more complete when I am with him/her.» Does it mean we are pathetic and completely dependent and, if you are a woman, not a feminist? No. It is how you feel at that moment. You get on with your life after that, the relationship might end and yet, you don't die, and move on. Same with her sadder songs. It might describe a phase of her life or just a mindset for a couple of days. Her discography is a reflection of her life, moving from teenager young adult partying hard and daddy-lover to someone who has figured out who she was for the most parts. 

True, she doesn't have many empowering messages for women in her songs, except maybe God Bless America (which is tinted in a lot of irony, at moments). But that is because she is concentrating on telling a story, her story. Same with the LGBTQ community: she has no songs to acknowledge her gay fans or other membres of the LGBTQ community. But I am not sure I would like that if she did, if it felt forced. Her «socially aware» songs on LFL were unusual for her and yet did not feel out of place nor forced. 

Tbh thanks for bringing this up I thought I was the only one

Also people only bringing attention to conflicts if they directly affect them & it's not like that subtle "nuclear tensions" isn't only a drop in the ocean of the world's misery and ongoing shit on the streets of everyday lives of many people in places she hasn't heard of

I'm bitter but damn her white activism gets on my nerves sometimes

I love this song because it has that vintage-y feel to it with all that WWII imagery of everyday life of Americans and all that simplicity she showcases beauty through but one tiny bit of my brain finds that facade slightly problematic don't come for me

I just wanted to say that I fully support this opinion and I just wanted to post this text she said in an interview to Pitchfork.

"Because things have shifted culturally. It’s more appropriate now than under the Obama administration, where at least everyone I knew felt safe. It was a good time. We were on the up-and-up. "- LDR

"Women started to feel less safe under this administration instantly. What if they take away Planned Parenthood? What if we can’t get birth control? " - LDR (click here to see the interview)

I don't think I would have to write about these but it's obvious that she isn't 100% woke, many of you are going to try to call me out or call me a snowflake but Lana is still too blind for some stuff, it's 100% white feminism. And lots of people share this same point of view: it looks like that people only mind about politics now, like other people didn't went through shit before. Racism and sexism and homophobia - and it goes - weren't invented when Trump became a president.. It's so fucking weird and stupid, honestly.

I prefer Lana to ignore politics than she trying to act "woke" and saying shit like "it's more appropriate [to write protests + war + etc songs] now than under Obama administration", like USA - or any country in the world - didn't faced problems before.

I am not an American, and I see « the end of America » in WTWWAW as a symbol: the symbol of happiness, the American dream and all to make something for yourself. The political climate has me questioning if it is the end of peace, no matter what country we are in.

the thing is: some countries have been already (I know my grammar sucks) facing problems far before Trump's govern or 'nuclear tensions'. America itself has been facing problems since the first white bitch stepped in the continent.

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I've come to the conclusion that I want the next album to be a crossover of UV, & Honeymoon. But that would be like the best album ever, not just the best Lana album

i know right

Don't you want to come to my motel honey?

Don't you want to hold me down, tell me that you love me?

I never really loved nobody,

but you.

I want at least one more song with this VIBE in her carreer :defeated:

​I would like more political songs, like maybe a song about the genocide being done in the name of the NRA in America on the children in schools nationwide 

​and with the NRA making money off of each dead child. Perhaps a good name for a new song "Control don't work, total ban in the streets will".

​btw, Honeymoon does not have one false note in it, and amazing how the words she recitates in "Burnt Norton" are so ignored by so many here who wish she would go backward

(why go backward, we have those songs and nobody stops anyone from listening to them.

​btw, off topic in a way- in America, they have new Pepsi commercials where the ad spans generations of Pepsi. Too bad in another time and place, Lana was not part of this ad,

​can you imagine on nationwide tv so many times a day "My pussy tastes like pepsi cola) could be seen. Someone call Pepsi.

(note- this is not satire,obviously in the minds of the far right led by Pence the nothingburger, in a million years, can you imagine it happing?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm literally praying that LDR6 to have songs with orchestral instrumentantion or songs with orchestral vibes.  :flutter:

Songs like Ride, Bel Air, Born to Die, Dark Paradise, Carmen, Video Games, 13 Beaches, Blue Velvet, and others, have orchestral vibes that make these songs so especial and they give you a kind of delight when you're listening to them.  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: