Elle

Lana to be featured in Elvis Documentary - The King

I think they are only featuring Lana's song because she makes an appearance in the documentary, probably riding in Elvis's car as seen in the synopsis. So my theory is that Lana will be in a scene talking about her relationship to Elvis and the American Dream, and she'll mention her song that she wrote called "Elvis," which will start playing over the audio. Therefore, the old laptop song will probably be used as reference. Again, this is my theory, so I might be totally wrong. I'd prefer a studio version so we can get something new  :toofunny:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Imagine if she re-recorded Elvis and it's a magneficent version but then only 1 verse is in the movie and we never hear it in full

Pls, just let this be a Methamphetamines/Old Money situation instead of another Life is Ugly mess.

I'm excited to hear how an updated version of Elvis sounds. Knowing Lana she probably made it sound great and I highly doubt they'd use a bad quality laptop demo. Also the documentary might release a soundtrack some time after the release and could be on Spotify and iTunes. Who knows?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm excited to hear how an updated version of Elvis sounds. Knowing Lana she probably made it sound great and I highly doubt they'd use a bad quality laptop demo. Also the documentary might release a soundtrack some time after the release and could be on Spotify and iTunes. Who knows?

I really don't think you guys should be getting too excited. It's a documentary, it's very possible they would use it for a transition scene before someone else starts talking. They don't have any plans to release a soundtrack either, so I don't know if Lana would contribute and go into the studio if it wasn't being planned to be released. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

The fact that some of you refuse to acknowledge that there is little to no chance of it being a new song or full fledged new studio of Elvis. The movie was literally PLAYED at a festival an it’s been said that the SAME demo is in the film for less than a minute. You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment which will turn into being mad at Lana

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

The fact that some of you refuse to acknowledge that there is little to no chance of it being a new song or full fledged new studio of Elvis. The movie was literally PLAYED at a festival an it’s been said that the SAME demo is in the film for less than a minute. You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment which will turn into being mad at Lana

thanks i hate it! wish i heard this earlier jfc

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

so I don't know if Lana would contribute and go into the studio if it wasn't being planned to be released. 

To be honest this was meant to be so real and then I remember it's Lana; the million versions of Young & Beautiful at Gatsby + Life is Beautiful + Big Eyes songs that didn't make the cut and I just cracked

However yes there's no reason to do a big deal. Will be cute to have it and I imagine how amazing for Lana but it's unlikely they'd do anything more

Elvis is one of her most poetic tracks lyrically and I’m mad we didn’t get a studio version

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You