Elle

Lana to be featured in Elvis Documentary - The King

So she was not interviewed and the only Lana del rey thing on this project will be a cover of an Elvis Presley song just playing in the background a little bit?...wow, so pumped

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

@clampgirl

@sugarvenom

my response was directly to @terrencelovesme 

who on the pre-thread has been negative in about 1250 posts

and who the other day put down 12, yes 12, of the 16 songs on Lust for life (then denied it, but the initals to the 12 songs were posted

(though they might have been deleted after I had already seen it)

Next time terrence actually likes something Lana does, please let me know.

(and also in that time span terrence put down David Lynch (every second of anything Lynch ever did), and the Beatles and Elvis too.

So who is negative??? (not to mention last year Terrence was one of those who put down anything about Honeymoon.

I just call it as I see it.

anyhow, I wouldn't mind a trio of Julien Baker and Snail Mail with Lana. I do think Julien is perhaps the best new artist since Lana,

and snail mail's Lesley has the potential to also be big if they don't sell out.

btw- why can't I edit that post? It truncated, and I wrote Leonard Cohen and John Lennon, Sean Lennon & Yoko in the near bottom statement

but it did not show up, and I wasn't able to edit.

As it's not worth the effort, I would edit out the second comment that is perceived to be negative if at a later point I can edit it.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'd love the "Elvis" song to be officially released... Or a cover.

​But I keep my expectations low on that one. Her 2018 "side projects"  have been a bit disapointing this far... I suspect a short interview or Something, maybe a little snippet of song playing during that chat (The Tropico images or Something like that).

we'll see.

@clampgirl

@sugarvenom

my response was directly to @terrencelovesme 

who on the pre-thread has been negative in about 1250 posts

and who the other day put down 12, yes 12, of the 16 songs on Lust for life (then denied it, but the initals to the 12 songs were posted

(though they might have been deleted after I had already seen it)

Next time terrence actually likes something Lana does, please let me know.

(and also in that time span terrence put down David Lynch (every second of anything Lynch ever did), and the Beatles and Elvis too.

So who is negative??? (not to mention last year Terrence was one of those who put down anything about Honeymoon.

I just call it as I see it.

anyhow, I wouldn't mind a trio of Julien Baker and Snail Mail with Lana. I do think Julien is perhaps the best new artist since Lana,

and snail mail's Lesley has the potential to also be big if they don't sell out.

btw- why can't I edit that post? It truncated, and I wrote Leonard Cohen and John Lennon, Sean Lennon & Yoko in the near bottom statement

but it did not show up, and I wasn't able to edit.

As it's not worth the effort, I would edit out the second comment that is perceived to be negative if at a later point I can edit it.

i love you <3  are you a Libra ? 

Y'ALL KNOW IT IS COOL FOR US TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS RIGHT ? 

for real tho i doubt this is going to be anything  that exciting, look at that long ass list of people.... 

e1s11.gif

Let's be real though. If Lana does redo her song Elvis for this,  she is gonna have a tonne of idiots hating on it, saying someone else should have written a song for the movie, not even realising she wrote it 10 years ago

Someone who saw the film already at a film festival said the 2008 song Elvis was only played at one part and Lana wasn't seen

!!!! This makes sense. It’s a Documentary about how Elvis affected American culture from what I gathered. No one is making Elvis covers or playing Priscilla Presley :bye:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

@@Terrence Loves Me  comes to mind and thinks the world stopped and started with Charli something or other)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAJSA;DS;AK

did lana's dad really just drag me like that... i..

wendy-williams-e1525818791318.jpg

am shoOketh

an thanks @@Clampigirl love you <3

Also @graham - i've never put down anything on Honeymoon. are u smoking crack??

It's my favourite lana album you retard

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think he is mistaking you fore Constantine

maybe, that happens to my grandpa sometimes

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Are you people seriously thinking that the documentary will have a Lizzy song from 2008 playing in the back or something like that? Well now I've seen it all...  :thumb:

Yeah I don't really buy that they would put her name on there if the only thing she contributed was a decade old song (that was recorded on a fucking laptop) that only plays briefly in the background? "Music and appearances by" would usually indicate that something was contributed specifically for that project.

A studio Elvis would be heaven!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You