everything, whatever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationDown on the West Coast...
  • Fan Since:July 2014
  • Time Online: 25d 4h 9m 10s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:07 PM

u know, MAC really gives me the rural, country-folk sound echoed in AKA, mixed with the guitars and heavy rock sound of UV, dashed with the dreamy, deep beats of HM-- altogether making a very early 70s rock/west coast alternative vibe (obvious due to the RHCP influences). i'm curious if she'll delve into more 90s sounds on the record, maybe something truly grunge-y or even a bit of ska/Sublime 

idk but im glad we have a direction to look forward to!!! :oprah:

• delreyfreak, DLT, californianfreak and 11 others like this

giphy.gif

#43 OFFLINE   bored

bored

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 14d 5h 18m 26s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

God i hope this era is full of natural imagery and greens, it would bring out her eyes so much

i wonder what the flower of the era will be too?

I don't know why but I'm seeing something evergreen (as a metaphor) so maybe something like ivy? (obviously not a flower) I really am excited to see the visual direction she takes with this record. 

• delreyfreak, DLT, How To Disappear and 2 others like this

#44 OFFLINE   Limelight

Limelight

Anti-liberals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts
  • Time Online: 38d 6h 56m 36s

Icónico!
  • subversive light likes this

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   mid july

mid july

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Time Online: 110d 4h 4m 49s

now onto another 300 pages of ''where is she, we need news'' right after vb drops

• Limelight, CatchTheBreeze, delreyfreak and 15 others like this

#46 OFFLINE   How To Disappear

How To Disappear

everything, whatever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

I don't know why but I'm seeing something evergreen (as a metaphor) so maybe something like ivy? (obviously not a flower) I really am excited to see the visual direction she takes with this record. 

i like the idea of abandoning something like flowers (temporary, beautiful but not forever, and often cut from their homes) to something more sturdy and permanent- like lush leaves. god!!!! a bitch can dream

• Elle, delreyfreak, DLT and 7 others like this

giphy.gif

#47 OFFLINE   Lucas B.

Lucas B.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationMy bedroom, Sao Paulo - Brazil
  • Fan Since:Born To Die: The Paradise Edition
  • Time Online: 8d 10h 57m 53s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

When Lana drops a lead i'm ALWAYS afraid that I won't like the album, this happens since Honeymoon

:icant:

I really hope she don't go the rural country-folk road from AKA. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Yayo and Kill Kill, but this doesn't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL

• Bootynugget and bored like this

original.gif

#48 OFFLINE   bored

bored

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

I really hope one day we get a documentary or book from Lana herself to talk about her career, it's interesting to me that she spent so many years constructing the persona of Lana Del Rey (lyrically, sonically and visually) to gradually take it apart record-by-record and eventually return to her natural self. I'd love to know the thought processes and reasoning behind it all...

• Elle, delreyfreak, DLT and 14 others like this

#49 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Time Online: 15d 17h 5m 11s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

about Sylvia... I've been thinking lately about that song, that she mentioned it to fans at one or two of her shows... but has anyone recorded her mentioning Sylvia? 

#50 OFFLINE   True Romance

True Romance

Hollywood Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,443 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 72d 22h 52m 33s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

I am so excited for this era, MAC is spectacular. Probably cant surpass Ultraviolence, but I think it will come really, really close. 

• Elle, delreyfreak, DLT and 6 others like this

#51 OFFLINE   bored

bored

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

When Lana drops a lead i'm ALWAYS afraid that I won't like the album, this happens since Honeymoon

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Yayo and Kill Kill, but this doesn't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL

I think the only lead single I haven't immediately connected to or enjoyed was Love, even when it leaked I was hoping it wasn't the lead and just an album track haha. And I wouldn't worry about Lana going country (just yet), this is very much in the same vein as her other works, almost a hybrid of them all (unreleased included).

about Sylvia... I've been thinking lately about that song, that she mentioned it to fans at one or two of her shows... but has anyone recorded her mentioning Sylvia? 

I don't think there is any proof of Sylvia existing, just word of mouth at this point. However I believe multiple fans who attended the show that night mentioned it and that's why it became credible.

• DLT, 99centlips and GeminiLanaFan like this

#52 OFFLINE   Lucas B.

Lucas B.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationMy bedroom, Sao Paulo - Brazil
  • Fan Since:Born To Die: The Paradise Edition
  • Time Online: 8d 10h 57m 53s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

I think the only lead single I haven't immediately connected to or enjoyed was Love, even when it leaked I was hoping it wasn't the lead and just an album track haha. And I wouldn't worry about Lana going country (just yet), this is very much in the same vein as her other works, almost a hybrid of them all (unreleased included).

That's why i'm afraid, bc this kind of songs don't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL, from the Lana Del Rey persona. I hope the album have songs with more production, more instruments, like her previous works

original.gif

#53 OFFLINE   Groupie Luv

Groupie Luv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 38d 2h 25m 9s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

after listening to MAC, I have high hopes for this album. it seems more sincere and stripped back compared to LfL and I can't wait for the next single  :flutter:

• Lilybert, delreyfreak, True Romance and 3 others like this

tumblr_peyucmDl0A1u3u0jjo1_540.gif

#54 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Time Online: 15d 17h 5m 11s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

This is what LFL should have been

LFL was way too ambitious. The acoustic part of it kinda got tossed away and this is now a part of MAC.

As much as people hate LFL, it was a necessary album. I loved HM. Still is my fave from her, but to transition directly from HM into the sounds of MAC (even if I love them), it would have been a «too easy transition» between the two. We needed LFL's big production, all in major tones, in order to return to calmer seas (lol). 

• delreyfreak, DLT, californianfreak and 5 others like this

#55 OFFLINE   Whoopiedoo

Whoopiedoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Time Online: 2d 17h 36m 40s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

No rappers, I beg you!

• ParadiseFreak, californianfreak, latothemoon and 6 others like this

2yl8dvl.jpg

#56 OFFLINE   How To Disappear

How To Disappear

everything, whatever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

im kinda shocked at the amount of fans that seem to be worried about her losing the LDR persona, i'm personally here for it

in fact, i think this may have been her plan all along

believe me i'd be so scalped if she ever released anything under lizzy/elizabeth grant

i feel like she's grown up a lot since 2012, and now she sees music as less of a time to play dress-up and pretend life is a movie, and realizes it to be her truest outlet for explicit self-expression and emotional honesty

• MahaMaha, longtimeman, Lilybert and 12 others like this

giphy.gif

#57 OFFLINE   bored

bored

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

That's why i'm afraid, bc this kind of songs don't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL, from the Lana Del Rey persona. I hope the album have songs with more production, more instruments, like her previous works

Part of me is glad that this doesn't sound like anything from BTD to LFL, cos that shows artistic growth, however I think the Lana Del Rey persona has been getting slowly removed from every project since Ultraviolence and it is inevitable at this point... I understand your concern but just embrace it, she's finally comfortable enough to be herself and explore new things and no longer feels like she has to hide behind a persona or character. The sentiments of the songs are very much the same, just a new perspective.

• Lucas B., delreyfreak, DLT and 2 others like this

#58 OFFLINE   Downtown Baby Doll

Downtown Baby Doll

i can do that for ya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationIn a pillow town
  • Time Online: 14d 8h 49m 9s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:29 PM

I hope we get Venice Bitch merch that I'd be too scared to wear outside of my house lol

• delreyfreak, californianfreak, salvatore and 2 others like this

Honest  Capable  Beautiful  Stable

#59 ONLINE   DLT

DLT

You're lost at sea then I'll command your boat to me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 198d 15h 11m 19s

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:29 PM

im kinda shocked at the amount of fans that seem to be worried about her losing the LDR persona, i'm personally here for it

in fact, i think this may have been her plan all along

believe me i'd be so scalped if she ever released anything under lizzy/elizabeth grant

i feel like she's grown up a lot since 2012, and now she sees music as less of a time to play dress-up and pretend life is a movie, and realizes it to be her truest outlet for explicit self-expression and emotional honesty

This!!!! I'm here for her shedding the persona. It's gradually happening. She is def in a diff place than when she first started. You really just summarized it so nicely.

• delreyfreak, HoneymoonDaddy, How To Disappear and 7 others like this

#60 OFFLINE   How To Disappear

How To Disappear

everything, whatever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

however I think the Lana Del Rey persona has been getting slowly removed from every project since Ultraviolence and it is inevitable at this point... I understand your concern but just embrace it, she's finally comfortable enough to be herself and explore new things and no longer feels like she has to hide behind a persona or character. The sentiments of the songs are very much the same, just a new perspective.

your mind...our minds........ :defeated: i love when a new user makes intelligent contributions

• delreyfreak, morrison, californianfreak and 2 others like this

giphy.gif

8 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Barry, bitzj, Wynwood, whitelungswhitepalms, 13th bitch