Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Crooked Cop

I think it's great to have these opportunities to be a fly on the wall and get glimpses of the early idea stage of her process, as we do with these a cappella demos. What a treat these clips of her messing around on her laptop. This is the most unfiltered Lana Del Rey we will ever have. And what's wrong with y'all, those harmonies at the end, as is always the case with these a cappella demos, are great. I will be first in line to buy the laptop a cappella demos box set. Give me everything, every last scrap. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I think it's great to have these opportunities to be a fly on the wall and get glimpses of the early idea stage of her process, as we do with these a cappella demos. What a treat these clips of her messing around on her laptop. This is the most unfiltered Lana Del Rey we will ever have. And what's wrong with y'all, those harmonies at the end, as is always the case with these a cappella demos, are great. I will be first in line to buy the laptop a cappella demos box set. Give me everything, every last scrap. 

I don't understand what makes this so much worse than her other a cappellas (;)). They're always awesome with her harmonizing with herself. To think, based on what she's said in interviews, Summertime Sadness and Cola began this way. And now Daddy Issues?! Count me second in line.

I don't understand what makes this so much worse than her other a cappellas ( ;)). They're always awesome with her harmonizing with herself. To think, based on what she's said in interviews, Summertime Sadness and Cola began this way. And now Daddy Issues?! Count me second in line.

Oooh, i didn't know that she said this about Summertime, but it's not surprising. She must have hundreds of these from over the years. She is probably always recording little snippets of ideas as they come to her. This is a common way for how a lot of non-musicians work. And i bet there are many songs that have multiple snippets--variations of the same idea, a verse here, a chorus there, a bridge. Maybe she even has stuff where she's singing out parts for instruments. I bet that what's currently in the possession of people--whether it's traders, hoarders, family, friends, and ex-boyfriends, producers, etc.--is only a fraction of what she's recorded. Whether they all still exist or have since been lost to time is another thing. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

From what I hear, it's a Daddy Issues demo acapella

There's a chance everything I say could be false too, it's all word-of-mouth.

I totally called it ... damn where's my Lana troll.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

This is the first of the lana leaks that i actually dont like...

ey8SHfK.gif

....I had to...

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I loled so hard on this. 

I was half awake and somebody ( ;) ) sent me a message saying this song had leaked. I expected more lol.

I'm gonna sing you this on cam. :hooker:

the same like azealia braaah bueeaaa aaaaaaaaa baaaa watafak brm brm brm
hahahhahaha

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT.

I love this song. I can imagine this is what her songwriting process is like. She gets bored and opens up Garageband, gets her little notebook with lyrics up and she sings into Garageband. Adds a little reverb and echo to it. "Oh it sounds good, better add some harmonies" and then she has to fucking work out the harmonies by herself and record them in time.

The fact that it's a personally recorded demo track means it was probably found when her email was ransacked. She probably emailed this to a producer like "I wanna do a song like this, can you help me out?"

This is a Lana song in its purest form. There's a copy of Cola sounding like this somewhere, ya'know. What if we never had Cola and that demo leaked. We'd probably all hate it- let's be real here. I really like this song and I hope we'll find a studio version of it soon. I mean, hey, we got a studio version of 1949 as Every Man Gets His Wish so we can still hope, right?! :-)

The lyrics are the awkwardly beautiful lovechild of MadLibs and 90% of Maury Povich's guests, but...

I'd rather be stuck in a room with surround-sound speakers playing this song on repeat than "Big Bad Wolf," "Delicious," or "Moi Je Joue" :whatever:

The lyrics are just too out of place for me, maybe if she sang with a little more attitude over a more hip-hop/jazz style, I'd take a liking to it, but this raw style definitely warrants lyrics of more substance. Definitely was expecting more of "Methamphetamines,"

LOVE the song and sound altogether, I just can't identify or appreciate the lyrics. But it's an extra track for my collection, and she at least sings it lovely, so there's something to appreciate.