I thought I had I'm a Ruin playing somewhere and I was looking for the source like an idiot :toofunny:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Someone on the AltBoards called a phone number they saw on the music video, and they got a text back saying 'You have been chosen '. Bit weird but cool.

I just called that number, and it was nothing but music....Haven't gotten a text back yet

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

now that video was super try hard, but it is hella expensive, you have to give her that. if she was not such a special snowflake, she would be so much more tolerable, but she ruins it entirely herself.

the music itself is a mix of that xx song and needed me, but her voice sounds really grating.

will probably be a hit

I like the music video more than the song.

It's cool, even though it's really not original.

I'm just still most annoyed at halsey trying to prove she can make radio hits while still considering herself 'alternative'. Just stop honey x

She has radio payola.

When will Lona Del Ray?

Halsey honestly lives to try to be relevant where as Lana never cared about that and just wants to share her art with the world. That's my main reason for disliking the un original tumblr leeching rat, she is clever though I'll give her that but it's the people she forces herself around not her actual talent. She understands what's more main stream and popular these days and tries to tie that with being an alternative artist but that's just way generic and less authentic. 

Ugh. I really, really tried giving Halsey a chance but dear God that music video is just so bad. It's so convoluted...she's trying to do too much all at once and it's not working. 

Also, upon second listen, the song really is a ripoff of both I'm A Ruin (though I'm sure that was more accidental) and Needed Me (legit ripoff). Also, I will never get over that album title. I am officially moving from an unbothered neutral stance on Halsey to a Halsey Hater.  :wtf:  This girl is just.........bad, y'all.

I thought Badlands had a bunch of good songs and a lot of potential but it seems she chose to take the commercial and uninspired road ... Her vocals sound really meh, the lyrics are not impressive and the song is forgetable and lacks any excitement. Maybe there will be a few less Chainsmoker-esque tracks with better vocals and a less generic production on the album, but I don't feel like there will be a lot of suprises or anything more "alt pop" ...

The video's plot is cringy but it's still pretty intetesting compared to the generic track. I love it whem she has longer hair, suits her better than this short, blonde cut.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

FIGHT ME BUT-

i know the song is generic but I can’t wait to see what happens to Luna & Prince of HFK and if she eventually finds the way for them to be together like the album cover hints I hope there are many more visuals waiting to be dropped I’m stanning so hard! Also Aureum’s aesthetic!!!

I love the promo and little details she's doing like twitters mirroring the plot random hints I wish Lana cared this much about her projects

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Some of the songs on the album are apparently interludes, I don't know for sure but that's what I heard.

I really, really try to stay neutral on Halsey but I've found her insufferable even when Badlands was rolling out and I refused to check her music for the longest time because of it. One day I decided "fuck it" and popped Badlands into my iTunes before a car ride and I was happily surprised. I enjoyed it all bar the "I Walk The Line" cover. Oh, and New Ameri-National Anthem. I don't use much from the album anymore but Badlands showed me that I should not think an artist's music is bad because of their bad reputation. This is also why I check for Natalia Kills and her 32 other pseudonyms frequently and bop to a lot of her (some admittedly too tryhard as well) songs.

That all being said, I'm finding it harder and harder to avoid feeling shame listening to Halsey through this mentality. She's only becoming worse as a person in my eyes and its put me on the fence about actually giving this new album as listen but I probably will anyway in hopes she gives me a few "Drive"s or "Roman Holiday"s. I'll just pretend there's no face to the music, I guess.

te deseo, cariño