YUNGATA

Lana related memories/experiences

I try to stay calm :') They usually say it in the morning anyway(Before school actually starts), so I can just go to my other friends who don't care who Lana is, but they won't hate on her, so it's fine :')

Most of the time I can cope with the hate but sometimes they go too far and I end up moving tables or something, I try to keep my temper to myself. I don't want to show any weakness... Because then they'll keep going on

Well you're definitely a stronger person than me :love:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Guest Maru the Cat

I didn't think this thread was going to be so literal. Pooh! :P

*stuffs what I thought were Lana-related memories/experiences back into bag, leaves room*

This one time--it was in Nevada if i recall--i was pole dancing while i was on meth and everything just looked so beautiful, you know, and it didn't even matter that my daddy's rich or anything because i'll always have Mr. Campbell. I guess when i think about it all, these memories and experiences seem kind of Lana related in a way, you know?

Uhm, i’ve just generally enjoyed the (fairly quick) journey of getting a few of my friends into Lana’s music because most of my friends (as well as i) don’t generally listen to a lot of pop stuff. I enjoy their reactions and enjoy playing the role of the their supplier. Pretty scant with the Lana related experiences/memories, i guess. None of these friends even live in my same state. And it's, like, three friends. Look, i'm an isolated person with very little human contact, okay? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I didn't think this thread was going to be so literal. Pooh! :P

*stuffs what I thought were Lana-related memories/experiences back into bag, leaves room*

share anyway!

i have quite a few lana haters around me as well. for example in my r.e lesson there's this annoying full of herself girl that sits next to me and she's like 'ew lana has weird lips' and i honestly replied with 'so what? you've got a weird face'. and then she's like 'would you marry lana?' 'do you fancy lana?'. yes to both of those questions, but it's none of her beeswax.

when someone hates on lana i just make a growly sound and they move ;)

4r9w86.jpg

getting drunk downtown and interpretive dancing/twerking it to Lolita and Serial Killer (and various songs) in the car with friends.

We all moan - extra loud and erotic when the climax part comes in SK :creepy: We then proceed to have moaning contests

giffix-1.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

share anyway!

LDRakaLG is an Autumn/Fall album to me. I began listening to it the autumn after Video Games blew up; it was constantly on repeat during the long commutes from home to campus, as I studied for my courses, as I daydreamed... :3 The autumn scenery and the oranges and reds and crunchy leaves are now inseparable from LDRakaLG. I think the ambiance of the album perfectly suits the autumn weather and scenery and fuzzy sweaters. :3 I used to sneak into one of the colleges in the corner of campus on the weekends and go to this gorgeous large room with an entire wall of windows, top to bottom. There was this stunning view of the autumn trees and the swirling leaves; it was remarkably picturesque and it made me happy and I'd select Kill Kill and hit play and settle down on my studies :3

The Born to Die music video leaked + was released the day that I wrote my economics final. I remember checking SIN and seeing Lana had uploaded the music video and it was the best End of Exams gift ever! :3 It's a notable "Lana experience" because I left my economics exam knowing that I had finally found the degree I was going to get, and it was such a fucking relief for someone as indecisive as me. :3

O _ O what lame Lana related memories!

And I'm sure just like many other fans here, I attribute certain songs, or rather a huge hunk 'o songs to people, or more specifically, to one person.

LDRakaLG is an Autumn/Fall album to me. I began listening to it the autumn after Video Games blew up; it was constantly on repeat during the long commutes from home to campus, as I studied for my courses, as I daydreamed... :3 The autumn scenery and the oranges and reds and crunchy leaves are now inseparable from LDRakaLG. I think the ambiance of the album perfectly suits the autumn weather and scenery and fuzzy sweaters. :3 I used to sneak into one of the colleges in the corner of campus on the weekends and go to this gorgeous large room with an entire wall of windows, top to bottom. There was this stunning view of the autumn trees and the swirling leaves; it was remarkably picturesque and it made me happy and I'd select Kill Kill and hit play and settle down on my studies :3

This is really interesting to me because I think AKA perfectly matches up with my surroundings--incidentally, not beautiful autumn trees, but desert. I'm surrounded on all sides by just huge expanses of desert mountains and every day in summer I'd go walking through them right as the sun started going down. I'd listen to almost exclusively Lana, and all of AKA--particularly the first half--just really fit the scenery. I guess my setting is very "Americana"--small town, lots of trailers, tiny little shops, a lot of Native American influence. I don't know, I just thought it was interesting how our surroundings can kind of affect our perspective like that. I don't like the desert much, but I think if I were to make music and vintage videos like Lana, it would be a prominent theme.

And I have to wonder what sort of image people who live in the city get with that album, especially "Queen of the Gas Station"--that song is so fitting to my region, in my mind.

Yeah, it's weird, to me, AKA is the ultimate summer record. When i first started listening to it in November/December of last year, i would anticipate being able to finally hear it in the middle of summer while riding my bike during the magic hour. This is especially the case for Kill Kill. Some songs on the album are summer day songs while others are summer night songs.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Yeah, AKA is definitely a beach album! I remember going to the beach last summer when TIWMUG and National Anthem first leaked and just listen to them sitting on the sea naked

Okay the last part may not be true, but AKA is the epitome of summer

:derpna2:

Guest Maru the Cat

IT'S A FALL ALBUM, DAMMIT!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Guest Maru the Cat

Sorry, Maru. I'm with Monicker on this one. It's definitely a summer album (although if it's any consolation, "Raise Me Up" does have a fall vibe to me).

The music is ~summery~, but the ambiance I get from the album is fall. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2: Hence, FALL ALBUM. The feeling the music gives you trumps the music itself.

It's like seeing a movie classified as a drama and it's unintentionally hilarious -- it's now a comedy in my eyes.

Cape Cod this summer

we would drive around in my friend's Jeep and play nothing but Lana

and listen to her on the beach just lying out for hourssss

This was shortly after the National Anthem video came out and we would just drive around and be like AHHH we are living in the National Anthem video :crying:

If you've ever been to the area you would get this omg it was so perfect

As for the summer album vs fall album debate I'd have to side with summer, but almost all of Lana's music reminds me of the summertime!

Guest Maru the Cat

As for the summer album vs fall album debate I'd have to side with summer, but almost all of Lana's music reminds me of the summertime!

:defeated: *leaves thread, doesn't look back*

This is going to be a bit long and personal and dramatic, but Lana's music and lyrics did a lot for me lately and acknowledging it in writing is a way to say thank you!

The Ride video was a trigger for amazing stuff. I had a trigger like this last year, around the same time weirdly enough - but while it was similar in many ways, it sure as hell wasn't positive. I was in a really bad place, a terrible school with really no good friends, didn't know the people, they didn't care about me and every day was so depressing it was a real struggle to just get through. I was pretty much at the point where it was all psychologically affecting me and it had been a very isolating experience. Around the end of October last year I watched Fight Club (not for the first time actually, just after a long time of not watching it) and it triggered this numb detachment in myself, a sense of searching freedom through destruction because I was kind of seeing life as a pointless thing at that point and didn't care what happened, as long as it sparked some excitement. Nothing terribly damaging happened because I didn't meet the 'right' people for that, although I did expose myself to them. I just kind of started imposing myself more and stopped treating people as nicely as I always did.

Anyway, flash forward after I finished with that stupid school, that whole unhappiness just went away. I've been pretty happy all summer, met new and great people, started college and made the most amazing friend I could wish for - but I don't think I've come to appreciate it all fully before Ride (I kind of kept my 'meh'-negative view even after all that). It just made me want to really open up and explore and find freedom and excitement in other people, but in a positive and fun way. It really made me actually cherish the happy state I'm in now and I feel like I owe Lana a thank you because she induced me in this beautiful state and opened my perspectives (with her music generally) in ways I couldn't imagine before.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

This is going to be a bit long and personal and dramatic, but Lana's music and lyrics did a lot for me lately and acknowledging it in writing is a way to say thank you!

The Ride video was a trigger for amazing stuff. I had a trigger like this last year, around the same time weirdly enough - but while it was similar in many ways, it sure as hell wasn't positive. I was in a really bad place, a terrible school with really no good friends, didn't know the people, they didn't care about me and every day was so depressing it was a real struggle to just get through. I was pretty much at the point where it was all psychologically affecting me and it had been a very isolating experience. Around the end of October last year I watched Fight Club (not for the first time actually, just after a long time of not watching it) and it triggered this numb detachment in myself, a sense of searching freedom through destruction because I was kind of seeing life as a pointless thing at that point and didn't care what happened, as long as it sparked some excitement. Nothing terribly damaging happened because I didn't meet the 'right' people for that, although I did expose myself to them. I just kind of started imposing myself more and stopped treating people as nicely as I always did.

Anyway, flash forward after I finished with that stupid school, that whole unhappiness just went away. I've been pretty happy all summer, met new and great people, started college and made the most amazing friend I could wish for - but I don't think I've come to appreciate it all fully before Ride (I kind of kept my 'meh'-negative view even after all that). It just made me want to really open up and explore and find freedom and excitement in other people, but in a positive and fun way. It really made me actually cherish the happy state I'm in now and I feel like I owe Lana a thank you because she induced me in this beautiful state and opened my perspectives (with her music generally) in ways I couldn't imagine before.

That was beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad things are working out for you :love: