Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Idk bout you guys but I thought "in the fire we're born again, peace by vengeance brings the end" was as iconic as the other lyrics you guys are talking about

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Idk bout you guys but I thought "in the fire we're born again, peace by vengeance brings the end" was as iconic as the other lyrics you guys are talking about

"When im down on my knees youre how i pray" and "hoes with lies akin to me" are about as iconic as honeymoon got tbh. Smh

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I hate to bring this dusty ass thread back from the dead but it looks like some of y'all still need to refer back to this thread I made like a year ago where I exposed @china.palace since some of you genuinely think they are a reliable and "exclusive" source  :toofunny:

But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,

oh Lord, please don't let me be misundertood

I'm honestly super excited for this era! It's going to be amazing already I can feel it. Plus, the music video has piqued my interest based on what the good sis Eclipse has said. I wonder how many videos she's shot as well? Probably only 3 or 4.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

eclipse also said that there was the piano and guitar players :creep: so definitely prominent piano and guitar in this single, which other songs of hers are like this? and I'm guessing it's midtempo seeing as there's apparently lots of young ppl in the vid skating and whatnot, like even if it was a mtwbt scenario, I cannot imagine at all that the song will be slow and boring :rip:

I really want her to have strong hippie vibes in the MVs and era in general

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

So the demos were cinematic/orchestral and the actual songs now are guitar/piano heavy?? It's kind of a weird progression for her usually they're the other way around, or maybe those are the other songs he hasn't heard the finished version of

So the demos were cinematic/orchestral and the actual songs now are guitar/piano heavy?? It's kind of a weird progression for her usually they're the other way around, or maybe those are the other songs he hasn't heard the finished version of

I'd actually prefer it that way. I mean, she always has those lovely guitar/drum heavy live versions (think Body Electric, Off To The Races, Honeymoon or Old Money)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If I'm correct I think he heard more than 2 demos so, it's easy to see that not all if the songs on the album are piano heavy. Yet, he also had the demo of the single so he does know the progression from demo to final.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I wish we got another flawlessly produced song like Ride. This track still makes me feel so many things.  :defeated:

'i hear the birds on the summer breeze, i drive fast, i am alone in the niiight' :justride2:

If I'm correct I think he heard more than 2 demos so, it's easy to see that not all if the songs on the album are piano heavy. Yet, he also had the demo of the single so he does know the progression from demo to final.

He did?

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

@melonia_Trump 4179

"I hear the BYRDS on the Summer Breeze"

Summer Breeze being a radio show, Byrds being the Gram Parsons group that Gram's version of became country-rock.

and of course the legendary Rick Rubin did that song (he who among 100s of other things, recorded the last 7 albums Johnny Cash did including the legendary

iconic "Hurt" song and video for Johnny.

always thought Merle Haggard should have done "Ride" and maybe change one word of it

REMEMBER, IT IS IN THE MIDNIGHT HOURS THAT RIDE TAKES PLACE. NO ONE HEARS birds in the late night hours

imagine a duet between the two (yes I know parsons died of an OD 40 years or so ago)

(note- spell check to the library police- Gram is correct spelling, somehow came out graham accidently, obviously I know the difference)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@melonia_Trump 4179

Summer Breeze being a radio show, Byrds being the Graham Parsons group that Graham's version of became country-rock.

and of course the legendary Rick Rubin did that song (he who among 100s of other things, recorded the last 7 albums Johnny Cash did including the legendary

always thought Merle Haggard should have done "Ride" and maybe change one word of it

REMEMBER, IT IS IN THE MIDNIGHT HOURS THAT RIDE TAKES PLACE. NO ONE HEARS birds in the late night hours

your theories are certainly unique but i can never tell if you're for real or not.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

@melonia_Trump 4179

Summer Breeze being a radio show, Byrds being the Gram Parsons group that Graham's version of became country-rock.

imagine a duet between the two

(note- spell check to the library police- Gram is correct spelling, somehow came out graham accidently, obviously I know the difference)

and i thought i was drunk lol