Jack

Melanie Martinez

Mrs. Potato Head Vs Highschool Sweethearts.

Which song is better?

MPH ofc

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The album isn't as bad as some of y'all make it out to be, but it is a disappointment. I liked it a LOOOOT the first week then I kind of got tired with a lot of the songs. I'd rather listen to Cry Baby outtakes honestly...  :(

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

The album isn't as bad as some of y'all make it out to be, but it is a disappointment. I liked it a LOOOOT the first week then I kind of got tired with a lot of the songs. I'd rather listen to Cry Baby outtakes honestly...  :(

same the first week i fucking CONSUMED the album and even watched the movie a second time. Then it just trailed off and I only sometimes listen to show & tell or teachers pet now

I love the album, most of my complaints are about the film (which I'll post tomorrow), I just think that the album would be better if:

- had more songs with a story (like Orange Juice or Teacher's Pet) rather than describing random characters and the overall vibe Cry Baby is surrounded by (Nurse's Office, Wheels On the Bus, even Class Fight could've been on the first category but it's portrayed wrong imo)

- unnecessary amount of swear words

- I wish the album was darker and more hip-hop like she promised. like imagined if she had served songs like this

even some songs on the album could be darker than they are with a few adjustments, just look at this Nurse's Office carbon copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHAYfcTPwc

I love the album, most of my complaints are about the film (which I'll post tomorrow), I just think that the album would be better if:

- had more songs with a story (like Orange Juice or Teacher's Pet) rather than describing random characters and the overall vibe Cry Baby is surrounded by (Nurse's Office, Wheels On the Bus, even Class Fight could've been on the first category but it's portrayed wrong imo)

- unnecessary amount of swear words

- I wish the album was darker and more hip-hop like she promised. like imagined if she had served songs like this

even some songs on the album could be darker than they are with a few adjustments, just look at this Nurse's Office carbon copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHAYfcTPwc

Wow what an amazing channel, giving us what we deserve. 

I so agree, it should have been darker. With crybaby i get a great mixture of dark and light imagery, but with k12 its all pastel and light (even without the film aesthetics) and for me, that just isnt fulfilling 

I actually really like K-12, the only songs I don’t put on are Teachers Pet, Drama Club and The Principal but even then I still sing along when they come on. I think lyrically the worst song is Class Fight but it’s a cute in-the-car kinda song. My fave is Detention followed by Orange Juice. Let’s be real though she’s a somewhat popular singer, I see her fame level being a couple above Marina, and she makes interesting topical music. Through CB and K-12 she talks about toxic family relationships, rape culture, drug abuse, bulimia, men’s abuse of power, Trump, bullying, self harm, domestic abuse and identifying fake friends and more. She addresses all of these things and delivers them as pure BOPS. Like...she’s fucking sick, whether you enjoy the music or not you gotta admit that’s impressive and SO fucking important.

giphy.gif