Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Wait she performed Heroin & GL live or? There was a fucking show today ???

this thread: 

RbsnpX.gif

me on here with 4 guests and 2 anon: 

tumblr_l5o21qy32F1qzfya1o1_250.gif?w=280

Wait she performed Heroin & GL live or? There was a fucking show today ???

I haven't seen any set list from yesterday/Finland, but I don't think she performed them? Everyone keeps talking about that maniac who got a hug, nothing about any new songs live.

New concert today in Sweden! Even more rain lol, poor people who are there.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Even though we basically had nothing consistent in terms of visuals this era, I'm satisfied with it. The idea of having a video for White Mustang, and then nothing, doesn't bother me anymore. It was harder to bear it during the Honeymoon era.

I also found myself thinking that the bridges on Lust For Life are truly underwhelming compared to the verses/chorus, and above all compared to Honeymoon's bridges, which always were the best part of the songs.

On Lust For Life, some songs just have 2 verses and 2 choruses, thus there isn't any actual bridge. It's the case for 13 Beaches, Get Free and Change. Then, most of the other bridges are quite weak - Groupie Love, In My Feelings, When The World...

In my opinion, the only bridge that is superior to the rest of the song is TNC's. And maybe Coachella's. :toofunny:

Even though we basically had nothing consistent in terms of visuals this era, I'm satisfied with it. The idea of having a video for White Mustang, and then nothing, doesn't bother me anymore. It was harder to bear it during the Honeymoon era.

I also found myself thinking that the bridges on Lust For Life are truly underwhelming compared to the verses/chorus, and above all compared to Honeymoon's bridges, which always were the best part of the songs.

On Lust For Life, some songs just have 2 verses and 2 choruses, thus there isn't any actual bridge. It's the case for 13 Beaches, Get Free and Change. Then, most of the other bridges are quite weak - Groupie Love, In My Feelings, When The World...

In my opinion, the only bridge that is superior to the rest of the song is TNC's. And maybe Coachella's. :toofunny:

Idk if you can really go after Get Free & Change; they don't really have bridges nor are they seemingly built for them to begin with. GF is made by it's outro resaying part of the chorus and Change is like it's own thing entirely that she's never done. it's just a simple piano ballad that goes on- there's not meant to be a huge climax

I also didn't notice a bridge for GL (prob because it was forgettable) but IMF & WAW are p weak. 

I will say that it doesn't mean everything is underwhelming; there's multiple gorgeous bridges throughout the album much like Honeymoon.

One of Sweden's biggest newspapers listed 25 persons that inspired Lana. Nothing that's very interesting to read if you're already a hardcore fan like us, but it was interesting to see how many unreleased songs the journalist wrote about and that he knows quite a lot about her past - even more proof he's a big fan of her as well.

Found their web article too if you wanna check it out (though I know that most of you won't be able to read it): 

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/fredrik-strage-likt-tarantino-och-morrissey-ar-hon-mer-fan-an-sina-fans/

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/musik/lana-del-reys-inspireras-av-andra-artister/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Glasgow is a festival isn't it though?

Also, i know she isnt in the UK as much as LA, but here in Aus its been 5 years since she set foot here. 1 UK show is better than none for some of us.

You also sometimes have to consider that it's three shows across four countries and people are acting like she's only touring here. And two are in England because England is huge (there are more people in London than the entirety of Scotland, so I think it's really just fair).

Also no, the SSE Hydro is her own almost stadium sized venue. Potentially the biggest performance she's ever done outwork a festival unless someone knows better? She's sold out standing but not seating yet, you can actually still get really good seating options still so I don't think she'll sell it out.

Universal Music Sweden said on Twitter that more magazine covers are "to come"! 

Translation: "Has @LanaDelRey been a cover girl on all magazines? ♥♥ More to come! We'll be standing at the front on Saturday when she plays at #wowgbg ♥" (<--- Way Out West festival, Gothenburg)

How do you inbed Tweets? ;__;

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just saw a tweet by UO that they're selling the clear vinyl too. In case someone wants it.

Here's a link: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-exclusive-2xlp?category=new-music-tech&color=100

yeah but its different from the limited lana's one

UO one is kinda blue 

exactly like this :

s-l225.jpg

:smile3:

Does Polly want a cracker?

You made me think of this scene, lol, thank you.  :omfg2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_mWXCJRP8

Hey, don't be mad, I know you really want it but we don't really know where you can get it. I was only joking, hope I didn't upset you.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

New article about Lana in local newspaper (local as for Gothenburg), nothing new really except for the comment

"I wanna be a part of and lit up a sparkle, the sparkle that will be the beginning of the end of what's going on in America right now. I wanna be a part of the conversation and I wanna pave a way. I may not think that I will be a big catalysator for the change, but I will definitely be here when it comes and I will be a part of it."

http://www.gp.se/n%C3%B6je/musik/lana-del-rey-mitt-i-ljuset-jag-vill-bana-v%C3%A4g-1.4524621

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png