partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i sleep well at night knowing that i love and appreciate both old money AND guns and roses :true: 

i always loved old money but i only started loving guns and roses until a few days ago... honestly its 1000x better than florida kilos, black beauty is still the best bonus track on streaming though (flipside is the best one of all of them)

8 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

i always loved old money but i only started loving guns and roses until a few days ago... honestly its 1000x better than florida kilos, black beauty is still the best bonus track on streaming though (flipside is the best one of all of them)

:biblio:

EVERYBODY KNOWS IM THE BEST IM CRAZYYYYYYYHEEEEHEEEHEEEEEEEEE... GET A LITTLE BIT OF BOURBON IN YA GET A LITTLE BIT SUBURBAN AND GO CURAAAAZZEEEEEEE

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

5 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

The OM demo makes a lot more sense as an opener compared to UV version actually... but still a weird choice

Unfortunately it was stripped of all it's chaotic glory and turned into a pure piano ballad 

Well… leak it!

erm why did no one tell me BOZ said the bridge of LMLYLAW is the pre chorus on the ultraviolence version... YALL NEED 2 @ ME WHEN WE GET INFO ON THIS

and i don't seem to mind

9 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

I bet everyone who is riding for Old Money is disparaging about Guns & Roses. :creep: Go towards the light!!

Not me. I love guns & roses

(Things I'm about to say are not toward you or anyone else. You actually even like g&r. This is just a rant)

People hate guns & roses for the same reason they hate hope is a dangerous thing
They think these type of songs are bland and boring in production/instrumental and sonically in general (I'm not saying hope and g&r are similar)

Cuz I ALWAYS read things like "I love this or that lyrically it's so deep and beautiful but the song is so boring & bland"

Which is a fucking stupid and shallow way to think/talk about a song

I mean don't get me wrong I know that there are songs by a lot of artists that are in fact really shitty sonically and only good lyrically

But not guns & roses and hope...

I don't get why a lot of people say G&R is bland and boring

Cuz to me the production/instrumental doesn't sound THAT simple

Even if it was (like hope is a dangerous...)

That also doesn't make any sense

Like not every production/instrumental has to be like OTTR CG WC or any other type of way you think it should've been

When a song is kinda simple in production/instrumental that doesn't mean it lacks anything. As cliche as this sounds Some songs are unique in just that certain way. Not only that. A big part of the meaning and purpose and feeling of the song is that certain simple production/instrumental.

But oh that's a whole another fucking essay I'm not gonna write.

And the last thing

To anyone who's reading this

In my opinion Hope is the most underrated song by her

Yes I said what I said :willcut:

Literally If you get it you get it and if you don't then you don't

If anyone agrees it's in the top 5 underrated songs then they get it

But for me personally it's the most underrated

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

1 minute ago, ruined said:

Not me. I love guns & roses

(Things I'm about to say are not toward you or anyone else. You actually even like g&r. This is just a rant)

People hate guns & roses for the same reason they hate hope is a dangerous thing
They think these type of songs are bland and boring in production/instrumental and sonically in general (I'm not saying hope and g&r are similar)

Cuz I ALWAYS read things like "I love this or that lyrically it's so deep and beautiful but the song is so boring & bland"

Which is a fucking stupid and shallow way to think/talk about a song

I mean don't get me wrong I know that there are songs by a lot of artists that are in fact really shitty sonically and only good lyrically

But not guns & roses and hope...

I don't get why a lot of people say G&R is bland and boring

Cuz to me the production/instrumental doesn't sound THAT simple

Even if it was (like hope is a dangerous...)

That also doesn't make any sense

Like not every production/instrumental has to be like OTTR CG WC or any other type of way you think it should've been

When a song is kinda simple in production/instrumental that doesn't mean it lacks anything. As cliche as this sounds Some songs are unique in just that certain way. Not only that. A big part of the meaning and purpose and feeling of the song is that certain simple production/instrumental.

But oh that's a whole another fucking essay I'm not gonna write.

And the last thing

To anyone who's reading this

In my opinion Hope is the most underrated song by her

Yes I said what I said :willcut:

Literally If you get it you get it and if you don't then you don't

If anyone agrees it's in the top 5 underrated songs then they get it

But for me personally it's the most underrated

nobodys reading all of that

and i don't seem to mind

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

in post about best american record boz said

Reveal hidden contents

BOZ: This is something I'd gladly discuss, but it would be mostly speculations mixed with facts.

Rich Lee was commissioned to direct music videos for 2 first singles of LFL - Love and The Next Best American Record. Love was obviously done first and sometime in late 2016/early 2017, before BAR video was recorded, someone must have either hacked or scammed Rich obtaining Love music video as well as reference audio for the BAR music video. This led to both spreading and leaking causing massive drama behind the scenes and ultimately scrapping BAR as a whole. We are "lucky" they only leaked this late, cause who knows if that happened earlier Lana might have never recorded the MV at all.

There is however the other side/reason to it that might be even stronger imo. The original TNBAR version is clearly shady and putting a lot of guilt on Barrie for the fall of their relationship. I feel like later at that time she came to realization that she might have been too hard on him - or even more, perhaps they happened to meet/talk and become friends on good terms again. The BAR video was built fully around the lyrics of the demo so when she realized she definitely wouldn't release that song without changing its narrative, the music video must be discarded. Since it was a really good visual that Lana loved and it would be a waste to just scrap it, they reused it for White Mustang. But yes, the full video was ready to be put out for The Next Best American Record.

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

what he meant by "reference audio for he BAR video", and what reference audio means in particular and may reference tracks be finalized songs? or its far from being final

when i had yail (months before it started spreading alongside BAR) lana asked me specifically if i had BAR as well

it was a crazy fucking time, she said she wouldn't tell me the title (which i only figured after i got BAR months later) but she said "you did it all for fame" is a lyric from the title track of the next album and if i had anything like that. we kept in touch for a while after that and i was the first person to notify her of BAR and YAIL video starting to spread when i got them. people constantly blamed me for the lust for life stuff even though it was some dudes in new york who sourced those two from i assume to be some universal employee and FBI was involved. by the time i was passed those files they were already spreading around like crazy. i had yail and something real stems for like 8-9 months before that and never shared with anyone. :smokes3:

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but would Every Man Gets His Wish be considered a BTD outtake? It's from 2009, but do we think she would have considered it as a part of her album sessions, or would it be classified as a part of that weird time period where she was just starting off and working out the Lana Del Rey persona?

4 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but would Every Man Gets His Wish be considered a BTD outtake? It's from 2009, but do we think she would have considered it as a part of her album sessions, or would it be classified as a part of that weird time period where she was just starting off and working out the Lana Del Rey persona?

everything after self titled was made could be assumed to be recorded for an album in mind, but we don't know what she actually intended to keep or pitch to other artists. we don't know if she was just making something for fun, for other people or to put it all together on a record. we had an album sampler or promo tracklist type of thing sent to a publication and that's the best list we have of what to consider btd outtakes but truly there's no clear answer for this and it's just a rabbit hole. it has been extensively discussed a decade ago and it's like... who tf knows

anyways these were the tracks on that sampler that did not make the album, the rest made it on there

"Are You Ready?"

"Driving in Cars with Boys"

"Hundred Dollar Bill"

"Kinda Outta Luck"

"Live or Die"

"Paris"

"Puppy Love"

"Put the Radio On"

"You Can Be the Boss"

1 minute ago, 111 said:

everything after self titled was made could be assumed to be recorded for an album in mind, but we don't know what she actually intended to keep or pitch to other artists. we don't know if she was just making something for fun, for other people or to put it all together on a record. we had an album sampler or promo tracklist type of thing sent to a publication and that's the best list we have of what to consider btd outtakes but truly there's no clear answer for this and it's just a rabbit hole. it has been extensively discussed a decade ago and it's like... who tf knows

anyways these were the tracks on that sampler that did not make the album, the rest made it on there

"Are You Ready?"

"Hundred Dollar Bill"

"Kinda Outta Luck"

"Live or Die"

"Paris"

"Puppy Love"

"Put the Radio On"

"You Can Be the Boss"

whatever happened to the lana lore spilling post :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

"Are You Ready?"

"Hundred Dollar Bill"

"Kinda Outta Luck"

"Live or Die"

"Paris"

"Puppy Love"

"Put the Radio On"

"You Can Be the Boss"

now you can post EMGHW v2 and Resistance unedited while you're at it

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

"Are You Ready?"

"Hundred Dollar Bill"

"Kinda Outta Luck"

"Live or Die"

"Paris"

"Puppy Love"

"Put the Radio On"

"You Can Be the Boss"

Thank you so much! I'm in the middle of organizing my unreleased collection by outtakes, and I've realizing I don't have EMGHW anywhere. I couldn't decide between putting it on the BTD outtakes, having it be on one of my BTD sessions albums, or the album of tracks between LIzzy and Lana

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

wait so what tracks from the sampler did make the album

"National Anthem", "Born to Die", "Hey Lolita Hey", "Million Dollar Man", "Video Games", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Diet Mountain Dew", "Carmen" and "Blue Jeans".