Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

annie mac just tweeted that lana was never supposed to be on the radio show YIKES

sdkdjsddksjldsdks

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

This era hasn’t been as messy as y’all make it out to be. The reason why it’s “messy” is because there’s this constant ongoing thing where people get mad at Lana for not doing things that haven’t been confirmed at all/getting mad about stuff y’all just randomly made up like her not dropping a single she announced even tho she literally did drop the single. She also hasn’t said anything about premiering anything on BBC Radio. She dropped 3 singles so far with no promo because they aren’t actually single singles. They’re just singles for the fans she wanted to put out before dropping the actual lead single. The “music videos” were just some visuals to go with the songs. The only messy thing was her not clarifying if MAC was the lead single or not.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the fact that there's no promo, she hasn't released a single in 4 months, the one that she did won't successfully get the album anymore hype, she cancelled tour dates, she took a selfie for a cover, she even said herself she's lazy on instagram live. I mean at least every other album had some interviews and shit. I know I'll be attacked for my opinion on this, but it's because of fans that settle for crumbs she throws at us that she becomes lazier and lazier. If she really doesn't give a fuck then she can just make an album and surprise release it. No need for hype when the artist couldn't even care less 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

image0.png That’s all my friend said /:

When was she boycotted? They premiered Ride, West Coast, Ultraviolence, MTWBT, Salvatore, they played Love and interviewed her twice, premiered LFL, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, MAC and VB

They've been pretty much giving her a platform to release the singles every single era

i really like hope, but this era is such a mess (if you can even call it an era idk whats going on anymore).

like some people said there is a difference between being minimalistic and then just lazy. it comes across as so lazy and honestly i hate it so much. its just like a big fuck you to fans but then again it's her album so she can screw up if she wants i guess.

I wouldn't consider the era a mess, in terms of releases etc it's following a similar pattern as Lust For Life. Lust For Life was a pop album and an attempt to reintroduce her to the GP with a more accessible and positive sound. I just think this time around she really wants the music to do the talking, rather than how happy she is or her latest music video etc. Which to me seems like she really adores and believes in this project - not feeling the need to go all out and sell it to people.

She's admitted she's been lazy in terms of the artwork etc, but she's been non-stop since 2011 so let her be, she's giving us music and the music is great.

I do admit that the lack of promotion might have an affect on the album sales but should she care? She's had success with 3 albums and an EP. Honeymoon was always a vanity project for her and that was her least promoted, and least successful record up to now.

I disagree that it's a fuck you to the fans, this is her 5th album (6th body of work) in like 7 years - she's worked non-stop creating music for us. And let's be honest with the leaks etc. she doesn't owe us anything.

When was she boycotted? They premiered Ride, West Coast, Ultraviolence, MTWBT, Salvatore, they played Love and interviewed her twice, premiered LFL, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, MAC and VB

They've been pretty much giving her a platform to release the singles every single era

I am pretty sure they must be confused with Virgin Radio which I mentioned earlier

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the fact that there's no promo, she hasn't released a single in 4 months, the one that she did won't successfully get the album anymore hype, she cancelled tour dates, she took a selfie for a cover, she even said herself she's lazy on instagram live. I mean at least every other album had some interviews and shit. I know I'll be attacked for my opinion on this, but it's because of fans that settle for crumbs she throws at us that she becomes lazier and lazier. If she really doesn't give a fuck then she can just make an album and surprise release it. No need for hype when the artist couldn't even care less 

my biggest complaint is that we literally never know what's going on lmao

like i wonder if they even have a plan/strategy or if she just calls up ben like 2 weeks before she wants the next song out or smth

i76mrxw.png 

Lana: drops 3 singles with no promo for the fans before dropping the official lead single

I don't know if you know but I think Mariners Apartment Complex was the official lead single and Venice Bitch is the second...

lana liked annie mac's tweet! got us looking like booboo the fool

She can't even write a single line on the tweet or the Insta post other than the title of the song and the link but she is liking the tweet... 

YALL this neohumanism account has lost it

"My new song ‘hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it’ 
it’s out. No filters, natural & with all of my heart (that I wrote in less than 10 minutes). It's a gentle slide down to the fabulous world of becoming a player of darkness. You'll soon discover the seductive combination of sudden, overwhelming inspiration and fluid freedom to write out of order to be irresistible. In the last months, I learned to deal with being anxious through writing lyrics. Whenever life gets overwhelming, I write everything out. It shows that I'm aware of it, that I can simplify it into words on paper, and prove that I have control over my thoughts and situations. A writer and conqueror. Hope y’all like this promotional song and I can’t wait to show you the first single that is coming soon. 
I already proved to you that music speaks much more than an image.
A hopeful woman,
Lana"

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

YALL this neohumanism account has lost it

"My new song ‘hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it’ 

it’s out. No filters, natural & with all of my heart (that I wrote in less than 10 minutes). It's a gentle slide down to the fabulous world of becoming a player of darkness. You'll soon discover the seductive combination of sudden, overwhelming inspiration and fluid freedom to write out of order to be irresistible. In the last months, I learned to deal with being anxious through writing lyrics. Whenever life gets overwhelming, I write everything out. It shows that I'm aware of it, that I can simplify it into words on paper, and prove that I have control over my thoughts and situations. A writer and conqueror. Hope y’all like this promotional song and I can’t wait to show you the first single that is coming soon. 

I already proved to you that music speaks much more than an image.

A hopeful woman,

Lana"

why dont we all just mass report the bitch

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif