Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

we have her three strongest, most critically endorsed singles in her discography, venice bitch is the biggest musical stride she has ever made; there is no other pop artist with as big a foothold in the industry that would even think about putting out a 10-minute-long single. we have some of her best songwriting, and the best lyrics she has ever written. lana "stranger than a stranger" del rey is dead. anyone complaining about her not wearing the beehive hair is a dirty capitalist who buys sweatshop off-white knockoffs. anyone who can't see the value of the last three singles in her career doesnt deserve to stan

this will be her best album

WelldocumentedOldBilby-size_restricted.g

we have her three strongest, most critically endorsed singles in her discography, venice bitch is the biggest musical stride she has ever made; there is no other pop artist with as big a foothold in the industry that would even think about putting out a 10-minute-long single. we have some of her best songwriting, and the best lyrics she has ever written. lana "stranger than a stranger" del rey is dead. anyone complaining about her not wearing the beehive hair is a dirty capitalist who buys sweatshop off-white knockoffs. anyone who can't see the value of the last three singles in her career doesnt deserve to stan

PERIODT 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

thank

tea. END OF CONVERSATION.

Why do y'all have to constantly hear yourselves speaking about how great this album is going to be in order to convince yourselves and also put down other eras Lana and us enjoyed? It truly doesn't make sense and seems like most of you aren't confident in this era, so you have to reassure yourselves by looking for others who agree with you. Just enjoy the fucking music sisters. Taste is subjective. Humans aren't cookie cutter molds, we all come from different walks of life and enjoy different things. You can enjoy and hype up the album without making fun of her beehive or stranger than a stranger line, it just makes you look less credible and cheapens your approach at approving this album. We can all like different albums. If you like this era, say "I like this era, it has got me so excited!", Not "this era is better than lust for life/btd/HM badadadada bibi boopboopboop" like no. Sit down, appreciate the past, be thankful Lana's past albums lend her to this point her career, and be grateful, or shut the fuck up. :heart:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

can we stop including venice bitch among lana's "strongest songs" or whataver like you know this song is not even top 20 strongest songs by her but okay...

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Why do y'all have to constantly hear yourselves speaking about how great this album is going to be in order to convince yourselves and also put down other eras Lana and us enjoyed? It truly doesn't make sense and seems like most of you aren't confident in this era, so you have to reassure yourselves by looking for others who agree with you. 

tumblr_p3p3gfY4Aa1tovmb9o1_540.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

can we stop including hope amongst lana's "strongest songs" or whataver like you know this song is not even top 20 strongest songs by her but okay...

snooze fest yes but lyrically its amazing though how can we deny that

Why do y'all have to constantly hear yourselves speaking about how great this album is going to be in order to convince yourselves and also put down other eras Lana and us enjoyed? It truly doesn't make sense and seems like most of you aren't confident in this era, so you have to reassure yourselves by looking for others who agree with you. Just enjoy the fucking music sisters. Taste is subjective. Humans aren't cookie cutter molds, we all come from different walks of life and enjoy different things. You can enjoy and hype up the album without making fun of her beehive or stranger than a stranger line, it just makes you look less credible and cheapens your approach at approving this album. We can all like different albums. If you like this era, say "I like this era, it has got me so excited!", Not "this era is better than lust for life/btd/HM badadadada bibi boopboopboop" like no. Sit down, appreciate the past, be thankful Lana's past albums lend her to this point her career, and be grateful, or shut the fuck up. :heart:

if you don't like yosemite you are a 【】 and a 

ⓒⓗⓘⓛⓓ ⓣⓡⓐⓕⓕⓘⓒⓚⓔⓡ and u probably give ur money to the  and 

❀ ☯ ❁    

48420496_2203611059913610_55843717845530

you are reaching so hard i-

i agree with @ somewhat. we are all entitled to our own opinions.

i also think that all of her albums are unique in their own way and each one shows her progress as a human being/singer. i don’t really like to compare her albums side by side because i don’t have one that i really “dislike”. yes, some songs are stronger both sonically and lyrically compared to others, but they are all beautiful. i think norman fucking rockwell will show even more of her growth. and i’m truly excited.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

48420496_2203611059913610_55843717845530

you are reaching so hard i-

How am I reaching? If the songs are so good, instead of trying to preach your case, why not let people listen to the songs and let the art speak for itself? If it's better than all her past stuff as you've stated, surely speaking on the matter would be redundant seeing as it already can hold its own. You guys constantly putting down past work in order to build up new work lends to the idea that you truly don't believe what you're spewing, and you constantly have to repeat yourselves as a mantra in order to believe the hype. Just appreciate it without you know, putting down everything that needed to be made in order to get this far along in her career? We wouldn't have NFR if it weren't for LFL, we wouldn't have LFL if it weren't for HM, we would have HM if it weren't for UV, and so on and so fourth. So instead of feeling the need to belittle everything that built up to this moment and seeming desperate to convince yourself of the matter, why not just simply state "I'm very excited for the album and in my subjective opinion, I think it's my favorite". There's no reaching in fact sis. :umadney:

i agree with @Peroxide somewhat. we are all entitled to our own opinions.

i also think that all of her albums are unique in their own way and each one shows her progress as a human being/singer. i don’t really like to compare her albums side by side because i don’t have one that i really “dislike”. yes, some songs are stronger both sonically and lyrically compared to others, but they are all beautiful. i think norman fucking rockwell will show even more of her growth. and i’m truly excited.

I'm so glad there's articulate, intelligent members such as yourself who can be excited for an album without having to throw her past work under the bus

NWJ.gif

Preach it sister!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

if weren't for the crackhead that leaked love & g-sleazy we wouldn't have had Lust for Life

HM was gonna give us Best American Record....Honeymoon's loins mind

can we stop including hope amongst lana's "strongest songs" or whataver like you know this song is not even top 20 strongest songs by her but okay...

can we stop including venice bitch among lana's "strongest songs" or whataver like you know this song is not even top 20 strongest songs by her but okay...

tumblr_nzbnr4zEzS1rlafseo1_400.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif