Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Piano ballads can be as exciting and fun as you want them to be, it’s all about context. But these ballads are shit.

Like this is one of my fave songs, and stylistically, it’s similar to the songs from NFR. But it’s actually a good ballad.

Some others for you to enjoy:

ahhh regina, my piano ballad queen  :worship:

it's just the way i feel

Ooook, I've missed this whole new snippet drama... But did this gorl really just tease another EXTREMELY stripped down ballad? Now I seriously want to kick those non-existent balls of hers, cause it's just pure laziness at this point and not being "deep" or "melancholic" in any way.

There’s a string arrangement in the beginning.

you know what gives me hope that this album won't be messy no matter how often she goes in the studio.

Its JACK! he is a pro and he won't let her fuck up his work either. he is still the producer and i believe he will keep it cohesive

saviour

jack-antonoff.jpg

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

I can't believe you complain about another piano ballad when she literally said the next album was going to be like Change. And she also said there was a part of the album with piano and another part with electric guitars. Moreover we've only heard SNIPPETS, we can't judge based on small parts of songs. She's not gonna reveal the best part of the songs, I thought it would be pretty obvious by now.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just a thought.

MAC and VB were just two singles she wanted to put out, just like she told us but we wanted to believe she did it to give us a taste of what the album would sound like and that it would be out sometime soon after those two weeks in September. She hinted about wanting to release a song in October so naturally we thought the album would be out soon. But she might have known all along that the album wouldn't be out anytime soon. I think the October song was Sylvia/hope and it got postponed (for whatever reason) until it got released in January. Anyway. MAC and VB were pretty much gifts to us while we had to wait for more news - we wanted them to mean something more. We pretty much only have ourselves to blame when we were never promised anything more and when she said from the beginning that she just wished to put them out.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just want a livestream............................................

speaking of livestreams

do you guys hear

life's dream

or

livestream?

i honestly hear 'livestream' and it makes more sense and also it fits with the whole self-aware/modern technology lines that this era has so far. ipad, tesla, the iphone in the videos, etc.

speaking of livestreams

do you guys hear

life's dream

or

livestream?

i honestly hear 'livestream' and it makes more sense and also it fits with the whole self-aware/modern technology lines that this era has so far. ipad, tesla, the iphone in the videos, etc.

... I thought this discussion was over.  :deadbanana:

I hear life's dream. ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

speaking of livestreams

do you guys hear

life's dream

or

livestream?

I hear life's dream but livestream fits so well too

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

y'all do you realize that we only have *one* piano ballad out of 3 officially released tracks?! MAC has a piano intro and then there is multiple guitars, special effects, mellotron, synths, harmonies, drums etc.. and venice byatch doesn't even have piano.

i'm sure in your car turns into something else.

happiness might have some surprises.

and this new one will be an emotional, the antlers-level sad orchestral piano ballad :defeated: i'm ready to kms

y'all do you realize that we only have *one* piano ballad out of 3 officially released tracks?! MAC has a piano intro and then there is multiple guitars, special effects, mellotron, synths, harmonies, drums etc.. and venice byatch doesn't even have piano.

i'm sure in your car turns into something else.

happiness might have some surprises.

and this new one will be an emotional, the antlers-level sad orchestral piano ballad :defeated: i'm ready to kms

Don't. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

speaking of livestreams

do you guys hear

life's dream

or

livestream?

life's dream

giphy.gif

Just a thought...

I always thought MAC would open the album or be number 2, with its beautiful intro. But while listening to it this morning, I thought: what if the line « are you ready for it? » opens up the more guitar / synth songs of NFR, therefore putting MAC in the middle of the album?