Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Sometimes when things get real stale nd bleak about this album I think of all the doc footage Chuck's probably hopefully still got filed somewhere. What happened to the Hollywood Forever videos? Or the doc about te West Coast

they're next to NFR in the trash can 

Kim was that bitch who told Lana to jump off a cliff and die already. She compared Lana to a prostitute because of the ride music video. 

Kim Gordon can choke on Marilyn Manson's balls. 

I think there's one Sonic Youth song that I like, so I'm not praising Kim Gordan, or holding her opinions in esteem. I am saying that she is 'rock royalty' to many in the industry, highly respected both among musicians and 'suits,' so LDR was probably affected by Gordan's harsh criticism in some way. 

What if when she finally decides to give us an update she's like: "hey kids, so the album's been scrapped, I'm working on another record right now, guess it'll be out next year"

:hooker:

She won't. Simply because the album ISN'T scrapped and will probably be relased this summer or around September :)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She won't. Simply because the album ISN'T scrapped and will probably be relased this summer or around September :)

I'm glad I'm not the only delusional stan left on this site  :hooker:

Let's keep our hopes alive!

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I'm glad I'm not the only delusional stan left on this site :hooker:

Let's keep our hopes alive!

Delusion is thinking the album is scrapped while she's simply enjoying her life for the first time in a while, taking her time, and won't obviously release new material right after a cover that's doing well :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I also feel this way, that we’ll never see a track listing or any album art. It’s the 60th anniversary of ‘The Twilight Zone,’ which is where some of us no doubt feel we have been living throughout the life of this thread. It really does feel unreal and surrealistic, like something that’s never going to end, or like Sartre’s 1944 play ‘No Exit,’ where people find themselves entering a small office waiting room with a few other people already in it, but all then find there is no way out. Or Luis Bunuel’s similar film, 1962’s ‘The Exterminating Angel,’ in which a group of upper class guests attend a high society party only to find they inexplicably cannot bring themselves to leave, and then, just as inexplicably, begin to die.

I need to watch that movie.

i believe in the album that Norman Fucking Rockwell used to be...  I believe in the album I want it to become.  when i'm at war with myself (and/or the Rockwell estate, Interscope management, Billie Eyelash, the world around me) ... i .. cry. i just cry.

who are you?  are you in touch with the snippets that may never become real full songs?  have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?  i have... i am fucking crazy. but i will listen to NFR... for free

Okay.... so what if NFR had ‘Because of You’ on it.

If this was the case, I would tell Lana to hold the album as long as she needs to. However, this isn’t the case. We deserve NFR NOW.

Those babies are safe in my hard-drive :hooker:

well i mean they are all on YouTube and everywhere. but if she delets them of her insta it would probebly mean that she doesnt acknowledge them anymore. which would mean that there is no Album with These Songs anymore

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

i believe in the album that Norman Fucking Rockwell used to be...  I believe in the album I want it to become.  when i'm at war with myself (and/or the Rockwell estate, Interscope management, Billie Eyelash, the world around me) ... i .. cry. i just cry.

who are you?  are you in touch with the snippets that may never become real full songs?  have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?  i have... i am fucking crazy. but i will listen to NFR... for free

oh my god i totally forgot about the Billie March 29 controversy, that was truly our first glimpse into the hell hole that we're in now

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I think there's one Sonic Youth song that I like, so I'm not praising Kim Gordan, or holding her opinions in esteem. I am saying that she is 'rock royalty' to many in the industry, highly respected both among musicians and 'suits,' so LDR was probably affected by Gordan's harsh criticism in some way. 

Well you can have that as a theory but there's no evidence for it. LDR never responded to Kim and Kim substantially walked back her remarks. My recollection was that it was embarrassing for Kim in the sense there were a lot of google hits with LDR and KG (as if they were touring together), but  it was just about whether her criticism was justified, and I don't think it was very sympathetic to Kim, despite the fact she was breaking up with her husband (cofounder of Sonic Youth) at the time. There's also no evidence that LDR ever stanned SY, although they are certainly worth checking out.