Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The problem with the nature of this forum is that we all constantly have to repeat points endlessly because new people either come on or members only check it out periodically, and so miss a great deal of what has been said.

What I originally said, to paraphrase myself, is that, from 2012 on, LDR took a substantial number of hits in her life, from the broad media, who accused her of being inauthentic, manufactured and the purely result of her father’s money, to her public feud with Lorde and criticisms from people like Kim Gordon and Eminem, to her disastrous appearance on SNL and the fact that SNL further parodied her on ‘Weekend Update’ seven days later, to losing the James Bond gig to Sam Smith, who became successful with his Bond track and then later appeared on SNL...with Lorde.

AND her failed relationship with BJON, the break-ins at her home, threats from fans, the relative decline in her sales, etc., etc.

My original point was, ‘Who wouldn’t be half-crazed by all of that?’

LDR would not have to stan Gordan to be troubled by criticism from her, and criticism that received a great amount of press. It was pretty much what sold Gordan’s book, if it sold at all. It’s probably the only thing most people remember about its release.

In the spirit of conversation:

I did skim earlier discussion, but my response was only about Kim's criticism. The evidence suggested to me that if Lana had a reaction to Kim (because she liked Sonic Youth), it would have been "poor Kim". LDR's response to criticism has also evolved over the years (e.g. both SNL performances are on LDR's channel now), and at least some of her poetry contains elements of things she was criticized for in her songs.

It's a bit of an enigma why NFR isn't being released, but I doubt it's possible critical reaction to it that bothers or motivates her. Somebody should ask her if her delay is strategic or reflects a lack of confidence, rather than the more usual "bitch, where's the album?".

Dam. 11 million views already. Viral sensation. That viral marketing campaign paid off after all

a lost  hit.. if only insterscope put some money on spotify playlist and add the song on pop radios.. It would become a hit

Lust For Dead   large.gif

I'm starting to think that she enjoys how thirsty the fandom has been for the album. She's evil, ornery. 

I read somewhere that the reason for its delay might legal issue (Norman "fucking" Rockwell). She didn't choose the title like last minute, her label's lawyers had had time to make sure it can be released as NFR.

Also, didn't she say it was already mastered? Which means it's basically ready to be released?

I'm starting to think that she enjoys how thirsty the fandom has been for the album. She's evil, ornery. 

I read somewhere that the reason for its delay might legal issue (Norman "fucking" Rockwell). She didn't choose the title like last minute, her label's lawyers had had time to make sure it can be released as NFR.

Also, didn't she say it was already mastered? Which means it's basically ready to be released?

That issue has been debunked.

And yes it's done and ready which is the reason people are so annoyed. We wouldn't be half as annoyed if she just released these songs without having announced the album

if the album turns out like lfl after this long wait, im literally unstanning.

no point in supporting an artist who doesnt care and releases mediocre music

i want VB level songs on nfr or im out

RANT INCOMING:

Can we please stfu about the album title “not working” for the label or the Rockwell estate? It keeps coming up time after time and it’s been said by NOT ONLY LANA’s MANAGER but a Rockwell estate family member too.... this is so old I’m sorry I’m not trying to be a dick but please, STOP SAYING THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE AND HAVE BEEN PROVEN NOT TRUE. This is getting so annoying omg... I’m just so tired of the same regurgitated bs that started by someone as a joke that people actually believe...

Sorry that topic is moot and annoying now ugh (and I’m not just going off on one singular person, people keep bringing this up and it’s getting old)

Anyway, yes the album is finished, mastered etc unless she decided to work on it again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

There are no legal problems with the name. Yes, the album is mastered and done, but there’s no obligation to put it out as soon as it’s done. And it doesn’t mean the artist doesn’t like the project anymore

There are no legal problems with the name. Yes, the album is mastered and done, but there’s no obligation to put it out as soon as it’s done. And it doesn’t mean the artist doesn’t like the project anymore

And not only that, I really think that getting the poetry done to the extent she wants it done is important to her. 

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, I think the Poetry book and NFR are linked and it is important to her put them out together, or the poetry before the album. 

And realistically, it isn't that long since LFR and it's only a year since her worldwide tour. It isn't like we've been waiting 5 years or something. 

Yes it would be helpful if she let us know what's going on but I think she's tired of the fame and wants to do things on her terms. I think she could probably be satisfied just recording music for herself and never releasing it, would avoid all the toxicity that goes on when she doesn't deliver on time etc. As much as I would love NFR right now, I'd much rather let her have her space to finish what she's doing, then have her quit music or something. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Yeah I know everybody likes to excuse her but it's not like she just dropped an insta post being like "just finished my next record can't wait for u all to hear it"... and that's the first we've heard about new music since LFL.

We've had multiple interviews, 3 singles (the first released 9 months ago), we have the album title and she said it would be released at the beginning of 2019, we are now 6 months in.

She knows she's messing us around.

To be completely honest, I'd rather have NFR than any possible future project. I pretty much know how NFR's gonna be, I'm confident that I'm going to like it, and I need that closure. But for LDR7 and beyond, I can only assume the worst. So yeah if I had to choose, I'd take NFR and move on.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

well i mean they are all on YouTube and everywhere. but if she delets them of her insta it would probebly mean that she doesnt acknowledge them anymore. which would mean that there is no Album with These Songs anymore

ohmygod I think I just saw Rusko Star on lanaboards

the thought of her releasing something on her birthday gives me such a hard boner even though we know its not happening

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

the thought of her releasing something on her birthday gives me such a hard boner even though we know its not happening

Would be so cool since her birthday is a Friday and music is often released on Fridays

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

if the album turns out like lfl after this long wait, im literally unstanning.

no point in supporting an artist who doesnt care and releases mediocre music

i want VB level songs on nfr or im out

Seriously, imagine dealing with this shit just to get L4L 2.0. I have to screech

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass