Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Some of you are mentioning how shes a "pathological liar" or that she might have been this fake persona this whole time, which reminded me of what James Franco said about Lana.

"The thing about singers, especially the ones who write their own lyrics, is that everyone reads the person into the songs. An actor is sometimes aligned with with his roles, but a singer is asked about her lyrics as if they were direct statements of her true thoughts and feelings."

"Sometimes Lana doesn't know what to say in interviews, so she plays into the idea that her songs are her, and not her creations."

Now I know he isn't the best person to be quoting, but I do think these words are coming from things she personally told him.

Another thing I found on Instagram:

"What was the best story she ever told you? -Well, after we were introduced, she told me that she grew up in Arkansas in a trailer park, and was raised by her grandmother. But I'd already known that she was from a family of means in New York. So I was just like, "Huh, you don't say, Arkansas, trailer park." But it was like being around a performance artist. It's not like they're a pathological liar or something, they're just a person creating a character

(Rope, a guy who knew Lana before fame)"

Not sure if the story is true but it could further prove that she possibly has had a fake persona, multiple of them, this whole time.I don't think everything about her is fake, like her emotions. (at least- I hope not) Just the more glamorized things.

That's interesting. I think James Franco makes a good point, and I agree.

I'm not sure if calling her "fake" would be the right word for describing her, though. I mean, would we call J.K. Rowling fake too because she wrote the Harry Potter series?

I guess for Lana it's more about the "stories" she wrote/still writes (her older work probably more so than her recent stuff). And that she doesn't necessarily have to be a character in her own work. 

i hate being left in the dark about an album thats been sitting in a hard drive for a year.

has the label even started printing the album? have they even given her a due date for the album?

I think now she can actually do whatever she wants. LFL was a mess too and she still has the label behind her.

She didn't lost it when she didn't changed Ultraviolence so I bet they know she brings a lot of money so they don't care when the money is coming.

Mfhp.gif

I think now she can actually do whatever she wants. LFL was a mess too and she still has the label behind her.

She didn't lost it when she didn't changed Ultraviolence so I bet they know she brings a lot of money so they don't care when the money is coming.

I like to think that that's because LFL was a commercial success for the label, but a mess for us stans. 

So.. I wasnt on here during LFL release and pre-release but I didn't think it was really messy at all except the whole thing leaking. Can anyone enlighten me on how it was "messy"? Cause i dont quite get that..

So.. I wasnt on here during LFL release and pre-release but I didn't think it was really messy at all except the whole thing leaking. Can anyone enlighten me on how it was "messy"? Cause i dont quite get that..

It was supposed to be released on 23 May but it got delayed. She cut many songs and added bad songs like Coachella.

Mfhp.gif

It was supposed to be released on 23 May but it got delayed. She cut many songs and added bad songs like Coachella.

That, but the album itself is also (by most of us) considered to be messy because of the different collabs, different storylines, the "political" songs, and overall lack of cohesion. 

There's always the danger that if too much time passes before it's time to release the album, Lana may come out and say that she's changed and isn't quite the same person when she made the album and then shelf it and start over again.

she's CLEARLY not the same person

which is why i want this goddamn album

in its original state, please and thank you

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i would love it if in the next few years there'd be a "new" Lana Del Rey. not necessarily a sad gangster lolita (even though i wouldn't even mind) but just someone with a similar aesthetic : something really cinematic and story telling, maybe with strings, jazz elements, etc.. it would be so interesting to me and I'd die of happiness to live again the years where Lana was actually passionate.

i'm hoping that she wouldn't follow the same chaotic path as her though, and that she wouldn't end up in cult churches. I'd love it too if she'd be a proud activist (aka a fervent feminist and supporter of minorities and lgbtq+ rights). a dream luv! litrally a dream! it really sucks that so many fans are not open to this idea of a new girl being similar to her though, cuz they always jump to the conclusion that the said artist is copying her and shit, which is sad, cuz i'm really curious to see what a cute little del rey 2.0 would look (and sound) like. it'd be so nice to have a new breathe of fresh hair in this era where we're all suffocating..

i need that aesthetic again, it was amazing

negAbhB.png

I have nothing of value to contribute, but I bet she was one of those people who was always making stuff up in order to get extensions for university assignments.

I bet she ran out of grandmas 3 weeks in

That's interesting. I think James Franco makes a good point, and I agree.

I'm not sure if calling her "fake" would be the right word for describing her, though. I mean, would we call J.K. Rowling fake too because she wrote the Harry Potter series?

I guess for Lana it's more about the "stories" she wrote/still writes (her older work probably more so than her recent stuff). And that she doesn't necessarily have to be a character in her own work. 

We've gone over that before. JK Rowling never described the Harry Potter series as her autobiography. Lana literally said she writes about her life; things that happened to her personally. Why do we keep on playing dumb here? It's like when people compare her to an actress.

honestly, when Lana said that NFR was gonna be a lil Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, surf rock, etc etc - I thought she was gonna dive into like a Californication stoner rock persona, which i would have lived for.   But no, it's nothing but church, matcha, and Easter egg hunts with her mom friends.

We got many infos during the LFL era. She gave many interviews where she described the record and all. She once said there was an acoustic side to it, with TNC, Yosemite and probably BAR. But she scrapped Yosemite and BAR. Plus she reworked a couple of songs, therefore not matching the initial description of the record. Once she released Coachella, on May 15, she almost went mute (the record took longer and the interviews, initially, should have lead to the album release). Then there was the May 26 rumours that were « confirmed » by major retailers. Just before May 26, she finally revealed that official release with a bland « July 21 fam » tweet, when all of the era was super planned out and served visually. She announced the preorder and a double single release early July, for the 12th. Plus there were also many sources that fed us infos through the process and things changed while creating LFL. So some of us thought the album was gonna sound a certain way but it didn’t. And she decided to include more collabs and a rap to the album, mixing that genre with an already rich album when it comes to genres.

So it was a very uneven pre-release period. Maybe this is why she is mute this time around: so she doesn’t end up explaining why some songs got scrapped or changed.

honestly, when Lana said that NFR was gonna be a lil Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, surf rock, etc etc - I thought she was gonna dive into like a Californication stoner rock persona, which i would have lived for. But no, it's nothing but church, matcha, and Easter egg hunts with her mom friends.

There’s almost a dichotomy between the record and her social life, I agree. I personally don’t care how she lives her life, i wish her happiness, just as long as the music is as excellent as she served us.

I wanna talk more about Lana being a pathalogical liar, so join me in this thread to discuss http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10398-random-lana-discussion/page-21 (as you can see, I'm trying my hardest not to go off topic in here) :smile3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

honestly, when Lana said that NFR was gonna be a lil Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, surf rock, etc etc - I thought she was gonna dive into like a Californication stoner rock persona, which i would have lived for. But no, it's nothing but church, matcha, and Easter egg hunts with her mom friends.

“Mom friends”? Wait so now we’re mad that some of her friends are moms? She’s in her 30s, of course she has some friends with kids. Get over it. Also, she’s always had “mom friends”, most were just older than her before. You guys are getting more and more illogical over time.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Hi! You might like these artists:

Still Corners

Holy Motors

Beach House

Some songs by The Cardigans sound similar to the Lizzy Grant era

I have heard Beach House before, I'll give the rest a listen. Thank you sugar!

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass