Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I was actually wondering if NFR could be about multiple men, sorta like how Carly Simon wrote You’re So Vain about multiple men. They’d all think they’re Norman Fucking Rockwell but that’s the joke of it because of course they all would since they think they’re so great. But idk we’d need more lyrics first.

I think that that is most likely, RD. It’s about multiple men, including Barrie, G-Eazy, perhaps Franco, maybe the Italian photographer she dated a few years back.

Is your handle inspired by Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter?

I wonder if the “you fucked me so good” line is going to cause anger/outrage in PC quarters, especially hardline feminist quarters, since it makes her sound like a passive recipient instead of an active participant.

She could have avoided this potential headache by saying instead, “we fucked so good I almost said I love you.”

But I am glad she said exactly what she wanted to say, perhaps exactly what her experience was.

Yeah, I’m a huge Joni Mitchell fan.

Me too. If I were doing the same, mine would probably be HissingSummerLawns.

I wonder if the “you fucked me so good” line is going to cause anger/outrage in PC quarters, especially hardline feminist quarters, since it makes her sound like a passive recipient instead of an active participant.

She could have avoided this potential headache by saying instead, “we fucked so good I almost said I love you.”

But I am glad she said exactly what she wanted to say, perhaps exactly what her experience was.

I love it when she gives people headaches, bc it makes people think more in-depth and sorta cancels out any kind of opposition-al thinking, if only people thought more about what she's saying instead of what they personally think themselves. 

There's this kind of power that can drive people nuts, being submissive and silently steadfast and I, personally love how she's sorta touching on that, whether consciously or not. Ditto on the last sentence 

UV/Honeymoon

I thought it might be a double entendre

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I thought it might be a double entendre

I think it might be, but we’ll have to wait and see what the rest of the lyrics are.

I am actually on the streets of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn right now, where The Deuce is filming. No sign of James F. or LDR.

I love it when she gives people headaches, bc it makes people think more in-depth and sorta cancels out any kind of opposition-al thinking, if only people thought more about what she's saying instead of what they personally think themselves.

There's this kind of power that can drive people nuts, being submissive and silently steadfast and I, personally love how she's sorta touching on that, whether consciously or not. Ditto on the last sentence [/quoted]

If only people WOULD restrain themselves and try to hear what is being conveyed by the artist instead of automatically jumping in with their own opinion on the subject, or whatever they believe the official party line is on the topic.

Art should challenge norms and expectations if the artist sees fit to do so, just not in a routine and formulaic manner.

That’s why I love the original ‘Live or Die.’ It’s an unparalleled celebration of the slaughter of innocents! Amazing in its ferocity. And you find yourself thinking, “Wow. Lana’s got THAT inside her!”

I am sure some "woke" journalist will try to spin it as Lana not being an empowered woman - which is total BS.

seems like people can't express how they feel from relationships without being deemed "depressed" "unhealthy" or a "passive recipient"

like just cause she wants a pounding (many of us men and women do) doesn't mean she does not "speak up for herself"... she obviously is a powerful woman, it has nothing to do with being a bad bith, she already is.....

I swear people just love to pick at a successful woman like LDR, who sometimes goes against norms in her writing... but 

her writing is RELATABLE.... we all have felt the way she expresses

I am sure some "woke" journalist will try to spin it as Lana not being an empowered woman - which is total BS.

seems like people can't express how they feel from relationships without being deemed "depressed" "unhealthy" or a "passive recipient"

like just cause she wants a pounding (many of us men and women do) doesn't mean she does not "speak up for herself"... she obviously is a powerful woman, it has nothing to do with being a bad bith, she already is.....

I swear people just love to pick at a successful woman like LDR, who sometimes goes against norms in her writing... but

her writing is RELATABLE.... we all have felt the way she expresses

I agree 100%. And she’s already given everyone a precedent in this with the “looking to get fucked hard” lyric from ‘Gods & Monsters.’

So, like, if a surprise release of the album or a song was to happen this week how early/late would the song(s) be registered? It’s been mentioned before but realistically could it remain hidden until the song was out or would we definitely find it on that song registry site? I think of Beyoncé surprise dropping lemonade and idk if someone could have (or if someone did) look up and see Beyoncé registered 10 new songs before it dropped.

I don’t expect anything this amazing to happen, God Hates Fags™️ too much, but I’m still curious.

That’s actually my favourite Joni Mitchell album. Not surprised other Lana fans would be drawn to that one.

Tbh I think NFR is gonna be that kind of masterpiece that deviates from her usual sound/themes and alienates fans but becomes a classic.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

So, like, if a surprise release of the album or a song was to happen this week how early/late would the song(s) be registered? It’s been mentioned before but realistically could it remain hidden until the song was out or would we definitely find it on that song registry site? I think of Beyoncé surprise dropping lemonade and idk if someone could have (or if someone did) look up and see Beyoncé registered 10 new songs before it dropped.

I don’t expect anything this amazing to happen, God Hates Fags™️ too much, but I’m still curious.

The LFL songs were registered the day of the preorder. If she releases a song this Friday, it will be registered the same day?

Doin Time wasn’t even on PpL repertoire the day it was out...

That’s actually my favourite Joni Mitchell album. Not surprised other Lana fans would be drawn to that one.

Tbh I think NFR is gonna be that kind of masterpiece that deviates from her usual sound/themes and alienates fans but becomes a classic.

Liz Phair teas

97410789.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

My favorite too. Your description of NFR sounds just like THOSL then—a deviation from her standard approach that misses with the public but becomes an artists’ favorite and eventually is recognized as a masterpiece.

Was the day of the preorder before or after she'd already dropped tracks? I can't remember.

Same day. July 12. She dropped Groupie Love and Summer Bummer that day.

So, she released three songs and teased 6 more...

So we have 4 to go. And we don’t have a title for those and know nothing about them...