Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Has anyone ever considered that perhaps she attends AA meetings or NA meetings at the church? That yellow tab on her key chain in the recent pic is deff an NA/AA coin. It usually says a time like “10 years” or 1day” or “6 years” etc

I don't think so, because we have previously discussed that the "general" service is on Wednesday nights (it's on their website) and that's when she goes. Plus, they have a list of other things on there and I don't recall seeing anything about AA/NA meetings.

I get that people don't want to believe that there's anything problematic about this church but the facts say otherwise. Churchome is a smaller, less famous version of Hillsong. Their opinion on gays is "undisclosed". At best, they're sitting on the fence but that is no better than being against, imo.

I also wonder if she's still going to SoulCycle because apparently the owner is hosting pro-Trump rallies.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think religion is a really personal topic that means a lot of different things to different people. I am personally not religious, but my husband is and his family has always attended a church that does not accept gay marriage. Of course it bothers me but I also know he gets a lot of comfort from other things in the religion and rejects the things he doesn't agree with.

We don't know what Lana gets from attending church services, and we don't know what her relationship is with religion. Maybe she goes to those churches because they're frequented by celebrities so she knows she can attend and be left alone. Who knows. All I do know is that there's nothing about her that seems homophobic to me. She has a massive gay following and has always seemed supportive in my opinion. I mean, she's in a lesbian relationship in the Summertime Sadness video after all.

Regardless, Looking For America is gorgeous and thoughtful.

She has the right to do whatever she wants and go anywhere she wants to go, we don’t own her life

I dont think anyone is arguing against that. I think we’re just contemplating, as listeners of her music, whether or not her message is disingenuous based on her actions. That’s fair, right?

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

She has the right to do whatever she wants and go anywhere she wants to go, we don’t own her life

I never understand when people say shit like this. Of course she does, but she's a public figure so people are going to have opinions on stuff she does. It's normal.

It's up to you if you want to turn a blind eye to the problematic shit she does, but not all of us are willing to do so.

We don't know what Lana gets from attending church services, and we don't know what her relationship is with religion. Maybe she goes to those churches because they're frequented by celebrities so she knows she can attend and be left alone. Who knows. All I do know is that there's nothing about her that seems homophobic to me. She has a massive gay following and has always seemed supportive in my opinion. I mean, she's in a lesbian relationship in the Summertime Sadness video after all.

that was for views and publicity AKA  IS SAD GIRL LANA DEL REY GAY??? headlines

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

that was for views and publicity AKA  IS SAD GIRL LANA DEL REY GAY??? headlines

Obviously, but if she was homophobic she wouldn't do that. Plenty of other ways to get views and publicity.

oh yeah but like "this was churchome" which is in no way institutionally similar to hillsong and is absolutely devoid of any institutional prejudices, supremacies or absurd capital hoarding which creates any risk of right wing political influence  :oopna:

there is a weird irony about the lyrics in looking for america given she's attending a christian megachurch with a fuckload of money being pumped into it which operates a bit like a multimillion dollar cult which is pretty much exactly what gave rise to the KKK's second wave and christian fundamentalists during the 20s. idk drag me 

i dont have anything to add, i just think these should be posted again for the internalized homophobic faggots in the back

Has anyone here seen The Man In The High Castle? Imagine if Looking For America was used in the opening credits. I'd cry

Heres a link to see what I'm talking about

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I never understand when people say shit like this. Of course she does, but she's a public figure so people are going to have opinions on stuff she does. It's normal.

It's up to you if you want to turn a blind eye to the problematic shit she does, but not all of us are willing to do so.

You’re right, a little bit rude but right. But you can see in her music that this makes her very sad. Being watched everywhere and people talking about her life. As a fan, I try to understand her and let her be. And I don’t really think it is problematic going to church, I go every now and then and it makes me feel good, so why not. If you think it’s problematic, just don’t go

They dont even talk about gays in the church, there’s a lot of other subjects to talk about

its like, it's cute Lana wants a version of America without the guns, where the flag can freely fly ...... but can she at least pretend to be interested in the history that got America to the place it is now?  like , maybe without centuries of slavery, genocide, imperialism, and a monopoly on violence and militaristic power within and without US borders, the flag wouldn't seem so tainted.  maybe if the US wasnt a huge weapons manufacturer / exporter , maybe if America govt and culture wasn't so tolerant of white supremacy and far right terrorist ideology, maybe if people actually educated themselves ab issues before writing songs about them, we could all just hold hands and sing kumbaya.  but here we are, with a completely fucked up, yet traceable and accessible, history of violence against certain groups (aka everyone but rich straight christian white folk) , and people like Lana are like "huh, i wonder why everythings so fucked up"

I think Taylor Secman will really le*k the album

What did Taylor tweet? I got the notification but the tweet got deleted real quick

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

You’re right, a little bit rude but right. But you can see in her music that this makes her very sad. Being watched everywhere and people talking about her life. As a fan, I try to understand her and let her be. And I don’t really think it is problematic going to church, I go every now and then and it makes me feel good, so why not. If you think it’s problematic, just don’t go

They dont even talk about gays in the church, there’s a lot of other subjects to talk about

Rude for disagreeing with you? Sorry if you're offended by my use of "shit" ... I didn't mean your post is shit. I use it interchangeably with "stuff".

I don't really know how to respond to the rest of your post, because I think most people who do problematic stuff don't think it's problematic. However, I don't think it's problematic to go to a church, and as we've discussed before, there are many good, progressive churches in LA. Churchome does not seem to be one of those.

Your last statement ... completely misses the point.

What did Taylor tweet? I got the notification but the tweet got deleted real quick

He posted a dm from Ed saying " I'm Lana's manager. Are you a fan?"

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

It's gonna leak ... it takes one person on the entire planet to get their hands on a physical copy and rip it for the masses. It's basically inevitable that someone's gonna do it.