Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

MAC>HTD>VB>Cinnamon>HIAB>Sylvia

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

And that's truly the best part of the song imo. Lana not singing for 5 minutes in VB is already 10 times better than Lana singing for 2 whole minutes on WM. I mean, the production and instrumental alone in VB tops a lot of her songs, and added with her hazy vocals here and there throughout it...a career highlight. 

Lmao, we're so bored that people started coming for VB, yikes 

Also, all of those weak points of the song don't even matter when you actually look at the whole song, the whole product 

This better not be the best song on Lust for Life album - White Mustang

:judgingu:

We're rating the songs from NFR again?!?!? 

I mean...there's not much else to talk about right now until Lana shakes a leg and releases some new info

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean...there's not much else to talk about right now until Lana shakes a leg and releases some new info

True. But at this point, I prefer fake news and fake track listings. Makes me laugh and it avoids a collective meltdown and shitshow. We’ve gotten to the point where there are too many VB haters in here.

Something for the peeps to look forward to in the future, like a fucking pain n set free song.

A song to get my heart broken to

A song to think of listening to after sex.

A song my gay ass can bop to whenever I just wanna b goofy

A song to relax to

And a song to put me in a cherishing mood.

How To Disappear

Sylvia Plath

Cinnamon

Cinnamon

Venice Bitch

Happiness Is A Butterfly

I fucking want to SCREAM EVERY TIME I THINK OF THIS RECORD. I’m just so excited holy fuck................ someone save me internally I’m screaming my head off when I hear VB and it gives me chills ughhhhh I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait

Just the sheer energy that VB has and the warmth I feel from that track just makes me so hyped

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I fucking want to SCREAM EVERY TIME I THINK OF THIS RECORD. I’m just so excited holy fuck................ someone save me internally I’m screaming my head off when I hear VB and it gives me chills ughhhhh I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait

Just the sheer energy that VB has and the warmth I feel from that track just makes me so hyped

I often think about how there is probably a song on there that we haven't even heard yet...and it will probably blow us all away. :excited:

I often think about how there is probably a song on there that we haven't even heard yet...and it will probably blow us all away. :excited:

I'm really excited for the title track, sounds sassy  :hooker:  

We're rating the songs from NFR again?!?!? 

u have 4 options for page themes on LanaBoards right now

-Venice Bitch circlejerk

-Fake tracklists

-Ranking songs, both from and not from NFR

-me doing some stupid crackhead shit involving yosemite + people reacting

what else do u honest to god expect

I'm really excited for the title track, sounds sassy  :hooker:  

the title track is pretty much what BAR was about, except she described it much more direct & apparent; douchebag musician who's talented but overrates himself

bartender i can't wait to hear if it's on the record...if she described her own song as weird i wanna know what tf she did with it

We need this website theme updated to NFR

elle wants to wait for photoshoots iirc

Listening to UV again and I’m hoping this record touches on what UV did ugh I love it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Literally everything can top VB and y'all wouldn't like the song so much if it wasn't 10 minutes. It's a great song, it's a highlight in her career, it was audacious and it worked, but it's not exceptional.

I agree that the lyrics aren’t exceptional, they didn’t make me scream out of excitement and joy like I did in the MAC release thread, but there is so much more in a song than just lyrics. Surely there must be some kind of song out there with weak lyrics but you still love, secretly or not?

And sure, they could’ve cut off the song in half or ended it after three minutes but it is the tune, the mood and the instruments themselves that make me love the song even more. I’m not acting like Lana is the first one to write psychedelic songs and that the song itself is revolutionary but I am going to say that I’m utterly impressed that she came up something like this (together with Jack). I would not have loved the track as much as I do if it wasn’t going on and on, that’s for sure. I love how it let’s your mind wander, how it let’s you fully be in it and at the same time not and how it keeps bringing me with it on a trip that only Lana can offer me.

And to the person who said that her vocals are lazy, yes, they might be so but they blend in perfectly in this song and I never get tired of this bitch. White Mustang bores me so much more and that is because of her vocals. She sounds as if she doesn’t care anymore in the chorus, but sure it might just be a way to tell the story and being a character I suppose. I’m just not liking it.

And long songs are not a problem. I’ve loved a seven-minutes-long song since I was a kid and another ten-minute-long psychedelic track is one of the best ones I’ve ever heard. Sometimes, the songs are only better the longer they can be.

And that's truly the best part of the song imo. Lana not singing for 5 minutes in VB is already 10 times better than Lana singing for 2 whole minutes on WM. I mean, the production and instrumental alone in VB tops a lot of her songs, and added with her hazy vocals here and there throughout it...a career highlight.

Retweet.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3. "Venice Bitch" by Lana Del Rey                                                                                                                                                      "Fear fun, fear love, fresh out of fucks forever." That's the wistful lyric opening Lana Del Rey's sprawling opus, "Venice Bitch" off her upcoming album, the meta-titled Norman Fucking Rockwell.  Some cultural critics have called "Venice Bitch," "the most Lana Del Rey song ever." This is true, and it's also her best song. What follows after that opening line is eight-plus minutes of wonderfully weird melodies and blissed-out psychedelia, as Lana muses on familiar American folklore and love born under a SoCal sunset. For an artist with such a solid audiovisual blueprint, by this point, Lana makes it clear in "Venice Bitch" that this is truly her world, and we're lucky to be in it— Michael Love Michael

http://www.papermag.com/paper-top-100-songs-2018-2623667609.html?rebelltitem=13#rebelltitem13

arn7Z8c.gif

Also 3rd best song of 2018 on Spin.com despite her telling them to fuck themselves last year, her power  :fabcat:

http://www.papermag.com/paper-top-100-songs-2018-2623667609.html?rebelltitem=13#rebelltitem13

arn7Z8c.gif

Also 3rd best song of 2018 on Spin.com despite her telling them to fuck themselves last year, her power  :fabcat:

it deserves #2 at least but that ugly 8-bit heffer track is stinking up the top 100

yeah so anyway what do y'all want in a trailer (assuming we get one)

do we want a full, cohesive concept à la LFL

or do we want something with more of a tease of the era with edited clips and pieces of some tracks à la UV

or do we want a hotline

what do we want, ladies?

let's change the the thread for five mins thnx

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

yeah so anyway what do y'all want in a trailer (assuming we get one)

do we want a full, cohesive concept à la LFL

or do we want something with more of a tease of the era with edited clips and pieces of some tracks à la UV

or do we want a hotline

what do we want, ladies?

let's change the the thread for five mins thnx

I really love the way the LFL trailer was. It was very...hollywood? Resembled the Twilight Zone a lot. So maybe something in the tone of that? I loved hearing Lana talk about what LFL meant and it would be nice to know exactly what NFR is all about.