Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i get thirsty for yosemite from time to time, but then i listen to the snippet and reread what she says about it and my thirst is completely unquenched and i start to cry

I deeply hope that MAC and VB won’t be the best tracks on the album because it’d be kinda sad if we got the best songs months before the release. :( But then again, I can’t see anything topping VB and I’m just excited to see where it will land on the track list. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hoping she proves me wrong but every time I listen to SoC, I'm reminded that UV is literally her artistic peak

The way her vocals blend in with that kind of production, it shouldn't work but it does. There's so much details and care in the production, especially if you read interviews from people who worked on the album. Need that kind of sonic BRILLIANCE on NFR.

I deeply hope that MAC and VB won’t be the best tracks on the album because it’d be kinda sad if we got the best songs months before the release. :( But then again, I can’t see anything topping VB and I’m just excited to see where it will land on the track list. :flutter:

Literally everything can top VB and y'all wouldn't like the song so much if it wasn't 10 minutes. It's a great song, it's a highlight in her career, it was audacious and it worked, but it's not exceptional.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Literally everything can top VB and y'all wouldn't like the song so much if it wasn't 10 minutes. It's a great song, it's a highlight in her career, it was audacious and it worked, but it's not exceptional.

This is the tea! Reduce the song to standard length and it would be so forgettable honestly. The sound/production is what saves it.

I mean thats not an argument..maybe if it was cut in 5 minutes it wouldn't be so great but it's 10 minutes long and it's amazing..we can't judge a song with the logic "if it wasn't...etc etc" because it is lol

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I mean thats not an argument..maybe if it was cut in 5 minutes it wouldn't be so great but it's 10 minutes long and it's amazing..we can't judge a song with the logic "if it wasn't...etc etc" because it is lol

Then I'm gonna be more realistic, the vocals are boring (and people call LFL vocals boring? Let me laugh), the lyrics are pretty basic, and Lana doesn't even sing half of the song.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Then I'm gonna be more realistic, the vocals are boring (and people call LFL vocals boring? Let me laugh), the lyrics are pretty basic, and Lana doesn't even sing half of the song.

And that's truly the best part of the song imo. Lana not singing for 5 minutes in VB is already 10 times better than Lana singing for 2 whole minutes on WM. I mean, the production and instrumental alone in VB tops a lot of her songs, and added with her hazy vocals here and there throughout it...a career highlight. 

Lmao, we're so bored that people started coming for VB, yikes 

Also, all of those weak points of the song don't even matter when you actually look at the whole song, the whole product 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Was actually thinking of making a thread about this and stuff, but can we actually talk about what the song means? It's so spacey, and nostalgic, and its difficult to really analyze when its entranced ya.

The production's phenomenal, all the way to 10 minute mark. It really is perfect for driving. Lots of sexual references. NOSTALGIA.

For me, it kinda sounds a lot like a journal entry, about renuion, w someone u wanted to grow through from, and being vulnerable and respecting what was, but acknowledging the uncertainty of what would happen if they came back.

It's fucking delicate, and hauntingly soft like give me the gloom by the beach, and let me not b ok for a few minutes bc thats what I need. How fucking personal and powerful is that??

UV/Honeymoon

Venice Bitch is in my top 5 released Lana songs…but Mariners Apartment Complex is in my top 3

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

And that's truly the best part of the song imo. Lana not singing for 5 minutes in VB is already 10 times better than Lana singing for 2 whole minutes on WM. I mean, the production and instrumental alone in VB tops a lot of her songs, and added with her hazy vocals here and there throughout it...a career highlight.

Lmao, we're so bored that people started coming for VB, yikes

Also, all of those weak points of the song don't even matter when you actually look at the whole song, the whole product

I agree. The lyrics are cute in their naïveté, but it’s the way the production shifts every 10 seconds in its trippy vibes that makes that song such a stunning one. She never was more alternative than in that track.

You know what's 100 times more thrilling & exciting than an official album release? an. unexpected. album. leak. ((especially)) in the middle. of. the. night.

Remember we got a sampler for Lust For Life a few days before release with the best 30 seconds of each track on the album? It was everything.

you bum bitches out here saying "yOu WoUlDn'T lIkE iT iF WaSnT fOr ThE pRoDuCtIoN" as if you aren't out here stanning SoC for the guitar solo + bridge