Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana: wears a native american headress in the ride video, sells cocaine necklaces, has a song titled 'Lolita', made a song about harvey weinstein, wrote UV about cult leader James Baker, depicted JFK's assasination etc.

some of us: imagine if she released a video of her sticking her head in the oven

ya'll: THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE YOU SICK FUCK.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

man lana out here releasing cocaine smuggling necklaces for her 13-year-old fans (you're all clocked don't lie) and y'all worried about her pulling a national anthem like she's even released a music video with that much effort in the last three years.

Honestly like that cocaine necklace is... controversial. I have it !

giphy.gif

Lana: wears a native american headress in the ride video, sells cocaine necklaces, has a song titled 'Lolita', made a song about harvey weinstein, wrote UV about cult leader James Baker, depicted JFK's assasination etc.

some of us: imagine if she released a video of her sticking her head in the oven

ya'll: THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE YOU SICK FUCK.

plus marina already been there done that done got that t-shirt hunni

8962e1ec2ee36c7e9f219ca2b306c48f.jpg

oof I wasn't aware of this! I like her albums but have never watched her videos, I am shook.

oof I wasn't aware of this! I like her albums but have never watched her videos, I am shook.

it's not actually from a video, it's from her electraheart tumblr page. i think one of her music videos takes an audio clip that says "if you don't like this dress, i'm sticking my head in the oven!" though.

Honestly like that cocaine necklace is... controversial. I have it !

Do you guys know if there’s any store selling one of those necklaces online? I’d really want one

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

it's not actually from a video, it's from her electraheart tumblr page. i think one of her music videos takes an audio clip that says "if you don't like this dress, i'm sticking my head in the oven!" though.

omg is that where the phrase comes from?? it's super popular in the UK :O

I remember this! Su Barbie A teas.

Before anyone starts this wasn't her dressed as Sylvia, she was playing a depressed housewife character as part of the EH era

she sampled it from a movie like lana did with the beginning of 13 beaches

no but I mean people in the UK use that expression all the time, and I wondered if it originated from Sylvia's suicide

Bubbling Under Hot 100 maybe 

Did MAC or VB reach any spot on that list? 

I guess at this point, Cinnamon would have the best chance to chart  :teehee: Although MAC seemed like a song nice enough to chart (imo), yet it didn't so who knows

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

she sampled it from a movie like lana did with the beginning of 13 beaches

I think it came from the actual Valley of the Dolls movie but I don’t think it originated from that. It might just be an over dramatic response in relation to Sylvia’s actual suicide.

Can anyone please summarise very quickly what happened bc I'm neck down in work and I don't have the time to read it all I'm sorry :defeated:

I think someone said something along the lines of 'what if she did a video where she payed Sylvia and stuck her head in the oven" then the shitstorm started from there basically

Can anyone please summarise very quickly what happened bc I'm neck down in work and I don't have the time to read it all I'm sorry :defeated:

Members posted that Lana should do a video or cover depicting her head in an oven a la Sylvia Plath's suicide.

I said that she should not and the suggestion of it is disrespectful.

Not even any drama, just differing opinions

I think someone said something along the lines of 'what if she did a video where she payed Sylvia and stuck her head in the oven" then the shitstorm started from there basically

Members posted that Lana should do a video or cover depicting her head in an oven a la Sylvia Plath's suicide.

I said that she should not and the suggestion of it is disrespectful.

Not even any drama, just differing opinions

Thanks guys! jkhfkdjfkjdh a typical day on double u double u double u lanaboards dot com

ZKcaooE.png

I definitely don't think that she should do it. Like, to be like omfg wouldn't it be rad if she fucking killed herself in the video is a bit much but like whatever happens happens. I also think she's miles ahead of that part of her career, she's not really that "immature" nowadays, per-say. Plus you guys are acting like she releases videos past like the first or second single anymore.