Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It's a concept,

Art,

Isn't it supposed to provoke thought and controversy,

If Lana did it, I'd back her 100 °/•

we stan TASTE

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

its only wrong if a female singer does it but when movies make the same recreation or use the same idea nobody bats an eye

some points were made

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

we all know deep down that if we do get a mv for sylvia its going to be lana in a car driving around hollywood filmed on an old camera filmed by chuck e cheese

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I feel like Lana would still be doing outrageous and "controversial" things for her music if it weren't for how oversensitive people are these days.

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

There's more to Sylvia Plath than her death... Sure, it's «memorable» in its tragedy, but her work is what we should remember her for. If she pulls out a video for this one, I'm curious for what's it gonna be: the lyrics are dark and it would be easy to go down the tragic path, and yet, you have to be «respectful» to Sylvia Plath. 

There's more to Sylvia Plath than her death... Sure, it's «memorable» in its tragedy, but her work is what we should remember her for. If she pulls out a video for this one, I'm curious for what's it gonna be: the lyrics are dark and it would be easy to go down the tragic path, and yet, you have to be «respectful» to Sylvia Plath. 

Honestly, now that the title is changed, I don't think she'll even reference Sylvia much. There only seems to be one mention of her in the lyrics, I thought before the whole song would have lines of her poetry. I feel like the overarching concept has changed a bit 

I feel like Lana would still be doing outrageous and "controversial" things for her music if it weren't for how oversensitive people are these days.

Lady Gaga wore a meat dress, what's stopping Lana?

Edit: read your comment wrong lol

negAbhB.png

Lady Gaga wore a meat dress, what's stopping Lana?

Probably the pressure to not do anything that could be problematic or morally wrong. 

Here's how I see it.

Lana (and many other artists) have re-created the JFK assasination in their music. Why would Sylvia's death scene be different? JFK's death had more of an impact on people than Sylvia's. A death is a death, wether it be by assasination or suicide.

Personally I don't think Lana would stick her head in the oven for a video, but I wouldn't be entriely against it. Would it be distasteful? Perhaps. But art is art. Sometimes it's not supposed to be respectful and pleasant. Think of how many movies depict famous people's death? People need to stop being so sensitive.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana was never really "controversial" in a way that would offend people, just in that her music and persona were divisive and people disagreed with the messages in her lyrics. She never pulled any controversial stunts. Why would she start now?

There's so many ways an artist can be controversial and push people's buttons without being disrespectful towards someone's death :rip: y'all edgy gays are too much

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Lana was never really "controversial" in a way that would offend people, just in that her music and persona were divisive and people disagreed with the messages in her lyrics. She never pulled any controversial stunts. Why would she start now?

What's controversial can be subjective and what people think is wrong or problematic can vary depending on the person. I don't think any she's done was in any way bad. But other people might have a problem with things like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss".

And Lana saying "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola" definitely stirred some controversy. Even though it's more funny and shock factor if anything.

Bcus @lolcheetah

She's a baddie now. :hooker:

giphy.gif

What's controversial can be subjective and what people think is wrong or problematic can vary depending on the person. I don't think any she's done was in any way bad. But other people might have a problem with things like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" and the whole Cola ordeal. 

That's a great example actually. The "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" line was controversial but was based on Lana's own past experiences and what she felt at a time. But recreating someone else's death just for the sake of being "controversial" and artistic or whataver y'all wanna call it (and profit on it) is disrespectful in many levels.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains