Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I can understand both sides of this argument tbh.

On one hand, I can see how certain things can be disrespectful and distasteful. I understand that not everything has to be controversial in order to be seen as exciting by audiences. There are some things that shouldn't be done in the pop culture,

but on the other hand...

If Lana were to show Sylvia's death scene, wouldn't it also in a way bring awareness to suicide? For people to really see how far depression can take you? I mean sure, there are other ways to bring awareness, but music brings in a LOT of people, thus more people will pay attention it.

So idk...I'm very conflicted about it.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

LEAVE  LFL   ALONE

The most problematic thing Lana has ever done was releasing the mess that is "Coachella - Woodstock On My Mind" & "Tomorrow Never Came"

giphy.gif

Like, I agree that a cover with her head in the oven would be too much, but if she did a recreation of the death of Sylvia Plath in a non graphic way like she did in the National Anthem video with the JFK assassination, I see nothing wrong with it..

qfrWuBl.png

Lana fans when Lana perfectly depicted the shooting of the American president on national TV and read out Jackey Kennedy's love letter all for an aesthetic and cool music video concept:

bird-box.jpg

Lana fans if Lana perfectly depicts the death of a slightly unknown poet 60 years ago

VxBSuISc_400x400.jpg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana fans when Lana perfectly depicted the shooting of the American president on national TV and read out Jackey Kennedy's love letter all for an aesthetic and cool music video concept:

bird-box.jpg

Lana fans if Lana perfectly depicts the death of a slightly unknown poet 60 years ago

VxBSuISc_400x400.jpg

.....Sylvia is not even close to being an unknown poet sis she's world renowned for her writing.

If you're gonna make a comment like this at least know what you're talking about

Here’s the thing, Lana wouldn’t disrespect Sylvia by putting her “head in an oven” just to stir drama when she’s been working on editing herself down since 2014. She didn’t show the graphic images of the assasination scene in the National Anthem video, and the worst we’ve seen during that era was the ending of the BTD music video, the ending of Blue Jeans, and the jumping off scenes in Summertime Sadness. She could’ve kept the original video for UV, but she didn’t because who knows? Maybe she thought the original went too far, maybe her managers convinced her it wasn’t the right move for her career and the backlash would get worse. She even removed the “drowning” scene in Shades of Cool, yet it’s one of her best music videos. Anyway, she hasn’t spoken up any regret for these kinds of decisions. Usually it’s for moments she said she should’ve thought more of what she was putting out there. Not putting effort in visuals is lazy. But so is being controversial for the sake of being controversial. That’s not deep or entertaining.

tenor.gif?itemid=10436212

A MESS

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

Writing in blood on my walls and shit

Here’s the thing, Lana wouldn’t disrespect Sylvia by putting her “head in an oven” just to stir drama when she’s been working on editing herself down since 2014. She didn’t show the graphic images of the assasination scene in the National Anthem video, and the worst we’ve seen during that era was the ending of the BTD music video, the ending of Blue Jeans, and the jumping off scenes in Summertime Sadness. She could’ve kept the original video for UV, but she didn’t because who knows? Maybe she thought the original went too far, maybe her managers convinced her it wasn’t the right move for her career and the backlash would get worse. She even removed the “drowning” scene in Shades of Cool, yet it’s one of her best music videos. Anyway, she hasn’t spoken up any regret for these kinds of decisions. Usually it’s for moments she said she should’ve thought more of what she was putting out there. Not putting effort in visuals is lazy. But so is being controversial for the sake of being controversial. That’s not deep or entertaining.

there was a drowining scene in SOC????

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

when she was singing about being abused and enjoying it, it fascinated me. Its art. Life isnt about playing it safe and by the rules, its about being daring and courageous and making people think. Its better to shock people than to bore people

Yeah, I also remember being an edgy teenager seeking thrills from provoking others. Luckily I've moved on from that.

uLhgrxZ.jpg

man lana out here releasing cocaine smuggling necklaces for her 13-year-old fans (you're all clocked don't lie) and y'all worried about her pulling a national anthem like she's even released a music video with that much effort in the last three years.