Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'd say the most "controversial" thing she's done was the Pro-Ana line in Boarding School.

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“‚π“Ž π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž

Bcus @lolcheetah

She's a baddie now. :hooker:

Lmao, that's the second time you do it, on purpose just to annoy her. That proves how lame and weak you actually are. Sit downΒ 

~~~My body is stuck in the oceanΒ ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xUΒ My mind is lost in the universe***Β 

I just like saying it,Β 

Sorry sis

Β 

And don't you think I know I'm lame and weak?

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β giphy.gif

I'd say the most "controversial" thing she's done was the Pro-Ana line in Boarding School.

Β 

Idk I thought the native american headress in Ride caused quite a stir

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

Here's how I see it.

Β 

Lana (and many other artists) have re-created the JFK assasination in their music. Why would Sylvia's death scene be different? JFK's death had more of an impact on people than Sylvia's. A death is a death, wether it be by assasination or suicide.

Personally I don't think Lana would stick her head in the oven for a video, but I wouldn't be entriely against it. Would it be distasteful? Perhaps. But art is art. Sometimes it's not supposed to be respectful and pleasant. Think of how many movies depict famous people's death? People need to stop being so sensitive.

Oversensitive people of this generation are whats destroying the world and making everything boring. You cant do anything without keyboard warriors at home wanting to complain. Somebody goes out wearing a black shirt and its like "ohmygod YOU'RE RACIST"

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

What's controversial can be subjective and what people think is wrong or problematic can vary depending on the person. I don't think any she's done was in any way bad. But other people might have a problem with things like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss".

Β 

And Lana saying "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola" definitely stirred some controversy. Even though it's more funny and shock factor if anything.

Β 

For sure! I was referencing the kind of things Lady Gaga did in the beginning of her career, like the meat dress, the religious imagery, etc. I don't really think anything Lana has done is on that level of "controversial", and I can't see her being interested in doing that kind of thing. Her way of eliciting response has always been transgressive lyrics, I think she will stick to that.Β 

Β 

Lmao, that's the second time you do it, on purpose just to annoy her. That proves how lame and weak you actually are. Sit downΒ 

She thinks she's funny sis let her have her delusions

She thinks she's funny sis let her have her delusions

Β 

Girl,

I'm.

I,

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β giphy.gif

I'd say the most "controversial" thing she's done was the Pro-Ana line in Boarding School

Β or the rape scene in the marilyn manson video

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I'm honestly surprised no one has came at her for the "little girls" line in PMIAM.

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

Lana was never really "controversial" in a way that would offend people, just in that her music and persona were divisive and people disagreed with the messages in her lyrics. She never pulled any controversial stunts. Why would she start now?

i think the controversy is what makes people more interesting though, its one of the reasons why i was always so fascinated by Lana to begin with - i like to understand the way people are; and why they do what they do - and when she was singing about being abused and enjoying it, it fascinated me. Its art. Life isnt about playing it safe and by the rules, its about being daring and courageous and making people think. Its better to shock people than to bore people

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

i just want iconic visuals tbh, but if ya'll wanna choose the black and white 8mm picture of lana in the studio over something controversial, memorable and brilliant then... fine :oprah3:

Something doesn’t have to be controversial to be memorable tho.

Ok, you guys can stop coming with minor things Lana did that lean towards ''controversial''. None of these examples even compare to her mimicking Sylvia Plath's death.Β 

Β 

Say your mother died from suicide, through a horrible act, and then 10 years later you see a random musician recreating it, saying it's fascinating or a cool concept or whatever, how would you fucking feel. People quick to call everyone ''overly sensitive pussies'' when they are a bunch of insensitive shits. Shut the fuck up

~~~My body is stuck in the oceanΒ ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xUΒ My mind is lost in the universe***Β 

The most problematic thing Lana has ever done was releasing the mess that is "Coachella - Woodstock On My Mind" & "Tomorrow Never Came"

Ok, you guys can stop coming with minor things Lana did that lean towards ''controversial''. None of these examples even compare to her mimicking Sylvia Plath's death.

Β 

Say your mother died from suicide, through a horrible act, and then 10 years later you see a random musician recreating it, saying it's fascinating or whatever, how would you fucking feel. People quick to call everyone ''overly sensitive pussies'' when they are a bunch of insensitive shits. Shut the fuck up

yes because the 60s were 10 years ago

qfrWuBl.png

Β or the rape scene in the marilyn manson video

...again thats been done a million times before so i have no idea why its even considered controversial - ive seen rape scenes a million times in the movies and nobody gives a shit, but because Lana re-enacts something like that its suddenly wrong, and no she wasn't gloryfying it at all, nobody thinks rape is cool and nobody wants it, but it happens and all she was doing was depicting it

Β 

Β 

Β 

Say your mother died from suicide, through a horrible act, and then 10 years later you see a random musician recreating it, saying it's fascinating or whatever, how would you fucking feel. People quick to call everyone ''overly sensitive pussies'' when they are a bunch of insensitive shits. Shut the fuck up

Β Honestly, like her death really affected her family and her own son comitted suicide in 2009 so its still something recent and im pretty sure everyone connected with sylvia in a way would be offended

i think the controversy is what makes people more interesting though, its one of the reasons why i was always so fascinated by Lana to begin with - i like to understand the way people are; and why they do what they do - and when she was singing about being abused and enjoying it, it fascinated me. Its art. Life isnt about playing it safe and by the rules, its about being daring and courageous and making people think. Its better to shock people than to bore people

I agree, but when has Lana ever been in it to shock people? The lyrics about abuse and drugs were always just expressions of her own experience, not an attempt to make people gasp. That's why I don't think she would ever pull a shocking public stunt like that.

yes because the 60s were 10 years ago

LMAO, it was just an example, some people honestly...

...again thats been done a million times before so i have no idea why its even considered controversial - ive seen rape scenes a million times in the movies and nobody gives a shit, but because Lana re-enacts something like that its suddenly wrong, and no she wasn't gloryfying it at all, nobody thinks rape is cool and nobody wants it, but it happens and all she was doing was depicting it

i wasnt giving my opinion on it i was just saying that in the gp it stirred controversial and theres a lot of articles about it