Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

not to be That person but imagine if she’s actually pregnant and the line about her having a kid on HtD was actually about her having a kid, and the reason she’s cancelling shows is because she’s pregnant

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

I didn’t know the story of Sylvia Plath, I didn’t know she committed suicide with her head in the oven :( now that I know it, the song looks 1000x sadder wow I’ll have to be strong

Yes, she was clinically depressed her whole life and sadly committed suicide. If you're not familiar with her work I recommend The Bell Jar!

not to be That person but imagine if she’s actually pregnant and the line about her having a kid on HtD was actually about her having a kid, and the reason she’s cancelling shows is because she’s pregnant

I'd cry

giphy.gif

Yes, she was clinically depressed her whole life and sadly committed suicide. If you're not familiar with her work I recommend The Bell Jar!

Thank you! Here in Brazil we had a writer called Clarice Lispector that I always wonder if Lana knows her work, she was deeply depressed too and she wrote some of the most beautiful still sad things ever

Omg makes sense

Oh my god Lana should absolutely not recreate Sylvia Plath's death for a video or cover, what is wrong with y'all. How disrespectful.

That isn't even "problematic," I'm sure Sylvia still has living relatives who don't want to see her suicide recreated for a cute little concept. 

technically it doesnt have to be a recreation, it could be about anything -  just as long as she sticks her head in the oven and we'll get what she's on about :teehee:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Her show in Portugal on the 18th of July isn't in the live section of her website and I think it was before so I guess that one has been cancelled but she said "shows" so I wonder if anything else will get cancelled

It's not and it never was.

When it was announced by the festival I checked on her website daily and it didn't show up on there so it doesn't mean anything.

The festival has said she hasn't cancelled the show (yet). She's still confirmed

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

technically it doesnt have to be a recreation, it could be about anything -  just as long as she sticks her head in the oven and we'll get what she's on about :teehee:

Her sticking her head in an oven accompanied by a song that heavily references Sylvia is basically a recreation, it'd be easy to understand the reference. It's wrong. 

Using someone's untimely death as a concept is just wrong. There's plenty of other ways for her to channel Sylvia's work without being distasteful.

Her sticking her head in an oven accompanied by a song that heavily references Sylvia is basically a recreation, it'd be easy to understand the reference. It's wrong. 

its only wrong if a female singer does it but when movies make the same recreation or use the same idea nobody bats an eye

It's not and it never was.

When it was announced by the festival I checked on her website daily and it didn't show up on there so it doesn't mean anything.

The festival has said she hasn't cancelled the show (yet). She's still confirmed

Not true. They added the portugal date yesterday and deleted it this morning, i remember cause i kept refreshing the page

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

its only wrong if a female singer does it but when movies make the same recreation or use the same idea nobody bats an eye

But it’s not like Lana is trying to make a biography or something like that, it’s completely different

Well, if it's a movie about Sylvia's life and death of course it's not wrong because it's trying to portray something that happened seriously. She's also not the only one that's ever killed herself that way.

A female singer, who wrote a song about Sylvia, using an image of herself with her head in the oven is disrespectful to Sylvia because it makes light of her suicide. The song isn't even about suicide. Lana could recreate another photo of living Sylvia.

This is recreating a historical event and it isn't graphic. An image of someone's head in an oven is very graphic.

okay but lowkey we dont even know if were going to get a mv or visuals for the single like for the other singles the snippets were the mvs  but with sylvia its just her typing, nothing is telling us were going to have one

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

i just want iconic visuals tbh, but if ya'll wanna choose the black and white 8mm picture of lana in the studio over something controversial, memorable and brilliant then... fine :oprah3: