Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This isn't necessarily true. It's been unverified that the snippets she mostly shared hasn't just been piano demos that haven't had their production fleshed out (or she's keeping away from ears until release.) How to Disappear is an example of this. 

HIADT will probably be a piano ballad, but it'll probably also feature some surprising instrumentation that'll give it that same surf rock vibe of the first two singles (think of the synths used in both.) I'm sure she'll have a couple ballads, and this one might be one of them, but Cinnamon and, again, HtD seem to prove that there's some Lana fingerprints on this tracklist even with the rock and jazz sensibilities. 

Basically, I don't think we're gonna get more than one - if any - song like Change this time around. 

The production wont change the pace and melody of HTD which in core is boring and uneventful ballad. Sylvia Plath (Hope...) is supposed to be her saddest song so I dont think it will wind up either.

Her smiling on the cover ruins the whole vibe of the song to me. It depends on how she’s smiling tho. Like some of you guys said, if she smiled like in the LFL album cover with a big cheesy staged smile it’s gonna be cringy :eartha2:

How can a picture of her smiling ruin the vibe of the song?

1. We haven't seen the cover, and even if the cover is bad,

2. We haven't listened to the whole song. Maybe it will have a positive ending to it. Maybe it's a bout a woman pretending to be happy even though she's sad and hopeless. We don't really know yet

nF70D0F.png

How can a picture of her smiling ruin the vibe of the song?

1. We haven't seen the cover, and even if the cover is bad,

2. We haven't listened to the whole song. Maybe it will have a positive ending to it. Maybe it's a bout a woman pretending to be happy even though she's sad and hopeless. We don't really know yet

An oscar winner!

giphy.gif

The production wont change the pace and melody of HTD which in core is boring and uneventful ballad. Sylvia Plath (Hope...) is supposed to be her saddest song so I dont think it will wind up either.

HTD could also have a long instrumental outro like Venice Bitch that we don't know of

am i the only one who actually likes the single covers so far :noparty:

I kinda like them. Ok, they are not as as fabulous as her previous work, but this record feels so introspective and to have pictures as if taken from an old picture book, I don’t know, but it works for me. Kinda hope there is some reference to Norman Rockwell on the album cover art though.

Lana will probably do the shoot at that cute af cabin of hers she's just recently brought. It suits the feel and sound of the album.

Plus potential and hopefully Chuck will be no where near the camera this time round.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I wish we had an album cover without her face this time...

ugh i'm too use to her covers being a portrait. people rioted over honeymoon not following in aka / btd /pd /uv formula so they will defo riot if its not a portrait.

I wish we had an album cover without her face this time...

Nooooooo oh my god wtf? I for one want it to be another stunning portrait. I wish she had Neil Krug to do the photo shoot for this era, his work with her has been so fucking beautiful beyond words, he is the only man who can do this era justice

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: