Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay so reaalistically what are y'all seeing for the Norman Fucking Rockwell album cover? I honestly have no idea at this point

it will either be basic or crazy and leave us wigless no in between

Okay so reaalistically what are y'all seeing for the Norman Fucking Rockwell album cover? I honestly have no idea at this point

Maybe a style of a NR painting of her or something black and white again hopefully. Maybe a dark blue night sky cover. Idk but I hope it’s simple but meaningful this time like UV. Lol watch it be her standing n front of a boat at night or something. She hasn’t done a boat cover yet so lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I want another cover like honeymoon that really shows the music, like all of her covers are good except LFL imo BUT Honeymoon really showed the music so perfectly and i want one like that for NFR

Maybe a style of a NR painting of her or something black and white again hopefully. Maybe a dark blue night sky cover. Idk but I hope it’s simple but meaningful this time like UV. Lol watch it be her standing n front of a boat at night or something. She hasn’t done a boat cover yet so lmao

i’m feeling a beach. the beach is a BIG inspiration this era. Mariners, Venice, “i’ll command you home to me”, the imagery in both music videos. i wouldn’t be surprised if she’s on a boat or car on the beach !

giphy.gif

My personal picks for cover concept

0011590453_10.jpg

songsofpraise_shame.jpg

Dear%20Annie%20Rejjie%20Snow.jpg

2643740_org2.jpg

kangta-home-chapter-1.jpg

These are some really cool concepts! I feel like the album cover could be something that's not conventional to what she's done in the past. 

Also what's the title of the album with the kid in the garden? It looks very interesting.

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

These are some really cool concepts! I feel like the album cover could be something that's not conventional to what she's done in the past. 

Also what's the title of the album with the kid in the garden? It looks very interesting.

I believe it's Dear Annie by Rejjie Snow :)

wow the Sylvia single cover im-

mAqk7tE.jpg

I cackled

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Omg I haven’t been on this thread since like page 20 good lord  :defeated:

anyways I got sent thisntonight and died. Had to share haha

Her smiling on the cover ruins the whole vibe of the song to me. It depends on how she’s smiling tho. Like some of you guys said, if she smiled like in the LFL album cover with a big cheesy staged smile it’s gonna be cringy :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Imagine if it was the more serious song she wanted to release in October, it woulf still be called Sylvia Plath instead of HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Ugh, definitely not here for a slow piano ballad. And the album seems to be filled with them.

This isn't necessarily true. It's been unverified that the snippets she mostly shared hasn't just been piano demos that haven't had their production fleshed out (or she's keeping away from ears until release.) How to Disappear is an example of this. 

HIADT will probably be a piano ballad, but it'll probably also feature some surprising instrumentation that'll give it that same surf rock vibe of the first two singles (think of the synths used in both.) I'm sure she'll have a couple ballads, and this one might be one of them, but Cinnamon and, again, HtD seem to prove that there's some Lana fingerprints on this tracklist even with the rock and jazz sensibilities. 

Basically, I don't think we're gonna get more than one - if any - song like Change this time around.